Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2012

After traveling in Laos, the prices on Don Khon surprised us. Pan's is more expensive than most of the surrounding area. The rooms were clean and the air con worked well

The staff were ok. Pan and his wife were welcoming and helpful. The man who works during the day was rude and frustrating to work with. It was hard to pull him away from the TV.

The internet was fast, but only offered in the reception/dining area.

FYI: The location on Don Khon only allows you to stay on a few km of land, in order to go to the other side of the island or to Don Det you have to pay 20,000 kip per/person per day.

Date of stay: April 2012
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Booked one night with agoda and decided to stay somewhere else the second night because we were worried about running out of kip since there are no ATMs on the island. We didn't think it was a 5 star hotel but it was nice and the owner is extremely friendly, his staff not so much but he makes up for it. We ate there many times after a few horrible meals at other places on the island. Our reservation said it included breakfast but when we got to breakfast other guest informed us that they were told by someone just one persons breakfast was included. We just ordered whatever we wanted and figured we'd pay for it but then Mr. Pan showed up, we got a fruit plate and the whole meal was taken care of. Second night on the island we stayed a bit farther down the road at Somphamit which ended up being infested with birds size roaches so after night in a horror house it was back to Pans which suddenly seemed so much more luxurious. Second morning there no included breakfast, it was a nice, relaxing place and Mr. Pan was wonderful.

Date of stay: March 2012
Reviewed 10 March 2012

Unfortunately, 4000 islands was a huge let down for me but I'll try to keep the review unbiased. After switching out from the very dirty and subpar northern part of don det we made our way over to don khon. Pan's is probably your best bet on the island if you are looking for a comfy place with a/c to escape the brutal midday heat.

Pan's has a lot of pros: it has aircon, free wifi (though down most of the time), comfy beds, mosquito nets, clean rooms, a personal hammock, good views, and pretty friendly staff for a start. We also booked a VIP bus into Cambodia through the guesthouse and it was awesome - we actually got a full sized bus instead of a minibus for 6 bucks with great staff who played English movies (including the killing fields and ip man). Like I said, it's easily one of the better choices on don khon so I would recommend it if you are over here.

However, I really think that being one of the best choices isn't saying much since most accommodation is quite over priced and not that great. Unfortunately our room (#7 twin room) had a super flimsy door that I felt could have easily been broken into while we slept. Other rooms might be better though. There was also a massive nest of honey bees living in the walls. This didn't actually bother me because they left us alone - it was actually pretty hilarious hearing them scratch and buzz at night and the mosquito nest kept us safe. My last complaint was that the food wasn't great even though the lady who makes it is very nice. I recommend heading towards the bridge to one of those places for food once and a while but be sure to give the banana crepe a try.

But I digress, stay at Pan's if you are in the area, it's not too shabby - just avoid room 7 if you hate bees ;)

Date of stay: March 2012
2  Thank Dan L
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We arrived without a reservation and were lucky enough to have the option to pay a little more for a Mekong front cabin. It was very clean with private ensuite and terrace with deck chairs and a hammock. There was an AC option but we settled for the fan which we found to be fine.

The food is delicious at the guest house restaurant and very reasonable compared to other nearby places. Bit more than the mainland though as you would expect but there are no ATM's so come prepared.

The accommodation wasn't cleaned during our stay and we eventually changed our own bin which isn't great, I don't like having to ask for toilet paper really. Also our mosi net had couple of rips and because of where it was hung was on our faces... again bit weird about things on my face while I sleep so we didn't use it in the end.

Other than these minor gripes I would highly recommend this place.

Room tip: Definately pay the small amount extra for Mekong view if you can.. sunset on the terrace...bliss.
Date of stay: October 2011
Reviewed 30 June 2011

The rooms of this guest house were excellent. The balcony a place to dream away overlooking the Mekong towards the lively bank across the water. The beds were great, good air conditioning, good bathroom, very clean.
The staff was uncommunicative and unsmiling, an unlaotian experience. The breakfast was very basic and we decided to have our meals at an excellent restaurant a bit further on.
We still recommend this guest house because of the excellent room and the nice setting.

Date of stay: June 2011