Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I booked Pan's bungalows in September 2016 for our August 2017 trip to Don Khone.
The owner, Mr. Pan, was always reply to my e-mail promptly, which is very important for me to chose an accommodation.

I chose this place for the several reasons:
1. Reasonable price (US$26/night)
2. Each bungalow has a private porch with an excellent view of Mekong River
3. They have an airport transfer from Paske Airport (US$100/2 pax)
4. They have currency exchanges to/from USD from/to Lao kip
5. They book bus tickets to Cambodia (border crossing)
6. They have a laundry service.

He picked us up at the airport and stopped at a small village along the road for us to have local food for lunch. The accommodation is very close to the boat launch place at Don Khone (a few minute walk). The bungalow is very spacious. Free breakfast that his wife prepares was simple yet great, which comes with a baguette baked by the local baker on Don Khone - It was so fresh and good that I was able to tell that it was made by hand from scratch. Mr. Pan said that the baker bakes by hand every day and only limited number of bread is sold. They did a good job on our laundry - Everything was dried under he natural sun, which we wanted, so that our cloths don't shrink. The price for the laundry was very cheap (by kg).

When we asked Mr. Pan to organize a tour to see water falls and dolphins, he said to bicycle by ourselves and get to the places to see the falls and to get on the boat to see dolphins. He was right! We were able to do all by ourselves without an expensive tour. Rental bicycle was 10,000 kip/day. I had some Lao kip left on the last day and Mr. Pan exchanged the Lao kip back to US$ cash. He gave me a very generous rate, US$1 = 8,333 Kip! When I exchanged from US$ to Lao kip in Luang Prabang, the rate was US$1 = 8,360 Kip.

The border crossing bus to Cambodia - Please ask Mr. Pan! He will get you the right tickets. After reading all of horrible stories about border crossing busses to get to Cambodia, I was very nervous about the tickets. Mr. Pan was well aware of the stories and he said that he would book with Phnom Penh Sorya bus for us (1 ticket including a boat ride from Don Khone to Kratie was US$22). But, when we were there at the beginning of August, we found that there was only one bus leaving from Phnom Penh to get to Paske on Monday, and the same bus returns from Paske to Phnom Penh on Tuesday. And it repeats the same thing on Wednesday from Phnom Penh and returns from Paske to Phnom Penh on Thursday, and another set on Friday and Saturday. And there is no bus on Sunday. I don't know if the schedule is always the same throughout the year, though. Luckily, we were planning to go to Cambodia on Tuesday, so we didn't have to change our plan. The boat driver came to pick us up at Pan's guest house at 8:00am. When we got to the bus station in Nakasong, a guy from Sorya bus was correcting US$40/person to get a visa on arrival including the visa fee. We filled out the forms by ourselves and gave him the forms, passports, and money (US$ cash note shall not be torn at all! Or, the guy wouldn't take it). The bus from Paske arrived about 15 minutes late. When we arrived at the border, we didn't have to get off the bus to go through the border! We waited at a small "restaurant" after the border at Cambodia side for about 1 hour while the guy was processing everything for us. And we all got passport back with a visa! Great! We got on the same bus (so our backpacks stayed in the bus storage all the way throughout our bus trip). We got off the bus at Kratie around 4:30pm although the schedule said 3:00pm. Well, overall, everything went well and I was so relieved. Note: I was worried about toilet since I have to go to toilet very often like every 2 hours. There is a toilet at Nakasong bus stop. To get to the border from Nakasong, it took only 15-20 min. and there was a toilet at the small restaurant where we had to wait to get our passport back. When the bus stopped at Stung Treng, I went to toilet. And the bus stopped 30min before arriving at Kratie for a meal break and I went to toilet. So, if you are worried about toilet for this long trip, do not worry, I made it!

Anyway, Mr. Pan is the one who can help you for all you need before you go to Cambodia from Laos! Please go to stay at Pan's place! His wife is very nice, too! Mr. Pan, thank you very much for everything!

Room tip: A bungalow with Mekong River view
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017

Next to the river (no mosquitoes in dry season),clean bungalows but attached so you don't have any privacy on the terrace.All services(bike rent,restaurants,bus tickets)available at reception or around.breakfast :pancakes or eggs with tea and fruit.
Took a bus ticket to Phnom Penh and the trip was pretty straightforward,no bus change(Siemrap travelers had to change bus after the border).The sketchy part is border control(labelled as "corrupt border"by the bus staff....) this means that they are trying to extort extra $ ;if you are not in a hurry,wait patiently in the customs house(be sure that the bus will wait for you on the Cambodian side )and refuse to fork out the extra $.Otherwise ,it 's gonna be 5$ extra : 1 for medical check! someone walking in the bus aisle is briefly checking your temperature(!!),2$ for "tea money "! and 2$ if you want the bus staff to take care of everything while you are waiting at a restaurant on the Cambodian side.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 January 2017

The island Don Khone is way better then Don Dhet... now this guesthouse.

Stayed at the river view ... nice to see, good view, mosquitos! Room had airco but was a bit noisy. The room was very clean.
if you plan to stay longer and relax and to read ... I recommend walk to a waterfall on the island, or bike to a calm nature side, sit down and enjoy butterflies (januari).

The garden view is realy near the river, 15meters, cant remember if it had airco. I thought of changing rooms because if you look from the veranda to the left, yep there's the river.

Breakfast included, nothing special, eggs and baguette, some fruit... its more a buffet, but really poor one.

Service/staff, kids and an older lady, in the morning kids run the place, don't/nobody speaks English and look annoyed.

Room tip: Read my review.
Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jesperrekuh
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

Stayed for a few nights and really enjoyed the place. Nice rooms with a balcony and a hammock. Great shower which isn't that common and good breakfast!:) they offer money exchange and help you book tours and onward travel.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mariiiia85
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

A good little place, though maybe not the best value, we stayed in the river bungalows for 3 nights. Highlights were the river view, comfy beds and great service at the restaurant. We were also helped in arranging bike rentals and with semi-prompt laundry service (as with most places in SEA, they hang dry so very weather dependent). Disappointments were in the in room wifi (didnt work even once) and booking transportation. We booked our ride to Siem Reap through their office and not only were the prices greatly inflated (we met people in our same minibus who paid about half our rates) but the description they gave of the outgoing trip didnt match at all. They told us minibus transferring to a large bus at the border when in reality it was a succession of 4 seperate minibuses. I know this last bit is more to do with the travel company they arrange with but if theyre going to be booking those tickets for their guests they should stand by the product delivered. My overall impression of everything here was of having paid too much for a so-so experience.

Date of stay: September 2016