Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 5 nights after the nightmarish journey down from Kong Lor. The wooden bungalow we stayed perched on the river bank with a little private balcony equipped with hammock and chairs. Unfortunately our Aircon broke on the first night so they helpfully moved us into a free bungalow with working AC. The shower was hot and the bed was really comfortable (with mozzy nets provided). Be prepared for a very insect filled stay due to the close proximity of the river but it's fine if you have decent bug spray. The included breakfast was nice with a choice of set menus and coffee/tea/fruit/orange juice. It was one of the better included breakfasts we have encountered in SE Asia. If you are staying on Don Khon I would highly recommend this place.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

We had a bungalow with garden view (as it was the last bungalow in the row we also had river view ;)). It’s a small room with just enough space for you luggage, but we didn’t consider this as a problem. The bed was comfortable and the room clean and that’s what matters more.

The bathroom was very small. The water was very hot but there wasn’t enough pressure. For a room with a nightly rate of 25 USD we think this is the major con.

However, we would still recommend and come back. Staff are friendly and helpful, breakfast is adequate/good.

Date of stay: January 2018
Reviewed 31 December 2017

In a prime position, just 2 minutes walk from the boat dock - up the street from the boat dock and then turn right. It is adjacent to Pan's Residence which is under the same management - from what I heard and could see it would seem that Pan's Bungalows are better.
Of the 10 bungalows, only 3 of them (numbers 8.9 and 10) have direct views over the Mekong and number 8, which I was lucky enough to have, had the least vegetation between it and the river.
At the equivalent of $32 (US) a night it was a bit expensive but it gave me everything that I wanted. The bungalows are sturdily built and well furnished. No noise from outside or next door during the night. There was a mini-fridge and the bathroom was of a good size with a good shower. There was a limited selection of toiletries and there were tea and coffee making facilities.. There was air-con and a fan and a mosquito net which wasn't needed. There was no TV but I wasn't expecting one. The private veranda was a good size and had a table and fairly comfortable seating. The WiFi connectivity was a bit erratic but usually good. The staff and the owner were friendly and efficient and you can do all your travel booking with them. There were a number of choices for breakfast and I had the tasty omelette every morning along with a baguette.and slightly too small portions of butter and jam.
Nearby there are mini-marts souvenir shops, bicycles for rent and a number of eateries, including the much-mentioned Lao Long Restaurant with its good food and dreadful service.
Were I to return to Don Khon(e) I would certainly consider staying again at Pan's Bungalows - and I don't say that about too many places!!

Room tip: Best views of the Mekong are from Bungalows 8. 9 and 10
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

We booked a room in Pan's Residence, because it had the best reviews, but when we arrived we got a room in Pan's Bungalows without any explanation.
To be honest, the view on the mekong river was much better in the bungalows than in the residence, so we didn't complain.
The bungalows are very basic, the mosquito net had many holes (luckily we brought our own), the water pressure in the bathroom was nearly non-existent and there are a lot of mosquitos in the room.
Normally we wouldn't consider this as a big problem, but for 25$ per night it was way overpriced.
Breakfast is served in a restaurant at the main road, not at the riverfront - you can choose one dish and one drink, included is also orange juice and a small fruit salad.

Conclusion: Beautiful riverview, but bungalow way overpriced

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I booked Pan's bungalows in September 2016 for our August 2017 trip to Don Khone.
The owner, Mr. Pan, was always reply to my e-mail promptly, which is very important for me to chose an accommodation.

I chose this place for the several reasons:
1. Reasonable price (US$26/night)
2. Each bungalow has a private porch with an excellent view of Mekong River
3. They have an airport transfer from Paske Airport (US$100/2 pax)
4. They have currency exchanges to/from USD from/to Lao kip
5. They book bus tickets to Cambodia (border crossing)
6. They have a laundry service.

He picked us up at the airport and stopped at a small village along the road for us to have local food for lunch. The accommodation is very close to the boat launch place at Don Khone (a few minute walk). The bungalow is very spacious. Free breakfast that his wife prepares was simple yet great, which comes with a baguette baked by the local baker on Don Khone - It was so fresh and good that I was able to tell that it was made by hand from scratch. Mr. Pan said that the baker bakes by hand every day and only limited number of bread is sold. They did a good job on our laundry - Everything was dried under he natural sun, which we wanted, so that our cloths don't shrink. The price for the laundry was very cheap (by kg).

When we asked Mr. Pan to organize a tour to see water falls and dolphins, he said to bicycle by ourselves and get to the places to see the falls and to get on the boat to see dolphins. He was right! We were able to do all by ourselves without an expensive tour. Rental bicycle was 10,000 kip/day. I had some Lao kip left on the last day and Mr. Pan exchanged the Lao kip back to US$ cash. He gave me a very generous rate, US$1 = 8,333 Kip! When I exchanged from US$ to Lao kip in Luang Prabang, the rate was US$1 = 8,360 Kip.

The border crossing bus to Cambodia - Please ask Mr. Pan! He will get you the right tickets. After reading all of horrible stories about border crossing busses to get to Cambodia, I was very nervous about the tickets. Mr. Pan was well aware of the stories and he said that he would book with Phnom Penh Sorya bus for us (1 ticket including a boat ride from Don Khone to Kratie was US$22). But, when we were there at the beginning of August, we found that there was only one bus leaving from Phnom Penh to get to Paske on Monday, and the same bus returns from Paske to Phnom Penh on Tuesday. And it repeats the same thing on Wednesday from Phnom Penh and returns from Paske to Phnom Penh on Thursday, and another set on Friday and Saturday. And there is no bus on Sunday. I don't know if the schedule is always the same throughout the year, though. Luckily, we were planning to go to Cambodia on Tuesday, so we didn't have to change our plan. The boat driver came to pick us up at Pan's guest house at 8:00am. When we got to the bus station in Nakasong, a guy from Sorya bus was correcting US$40/person to get a visa on arrival including the visa fee. We filled out the forms by ourselves and gave him the forms, passports, and money (US$ cash note shall not be torn at all! Or, the guy wouldn't take it). The bus from Paske arrived about 15 minutes late. When we arrived at the border, we didn't have to get off the bus to go through the border! We waited at a small "restaurant" after the border at Cambodia side for about 1 hour while the guy was processing everything for us. And we all got passport back with a visa! Great! We got on the same bus (so our backpacks stayed in the bus storage all the way throughout our bus trip). We got off the bus at Kratie around 4:30pm although the schedule said 3:00pm. Well, overall, everything went well and I was so relieved. Note: I was worried about toilet since I have to go to toilet very often like every 2 hours. There is a toilet at Nakasong bus stop. To get to the border from Nakasong, it took only 15-20 min. and there was a toilet at the small restaurant where we had to wait to get our passport back. When the bus stopped at Stung Treng, I went to toilet. And the bus stopped 30min before arriving at Kratie for a meal break and I went to toilet. So, if you are worried about toilet for this long trip, do not worry, I made it!

Anyway, Mr. Pan is the one who can help you for all you need before you go to Cambodia from Laos! Please go to stay at Pan's place! His wife is very nice, too! Mr. Pan, thank you very much for everything!

Room tip: A bungalow with Mekong River view