Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews set free costa rica turtles pools bears peace nature casa wildlife dogs paradise house beach
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2021

The views, wildlife, and all around área is nothing short of paradise. We saw monkeys, deer, turtles, and tons of tropical birds. The Punta mala rock formations are out of this world. Miles of beachand well kept hiking trails. The house was clean and cozy. Absolutely loved it. Cant wait to come back.

Date of stay: January 2021
Reviewed 30 December 2020

We stayed 04 nights at Pochote home. Enjoyed every minute: the friendly deers coming to our door, delicious coconuts, "swimming pools" thanks to the rocks which are unique in Costa Rica, diferent birds, seen the turtles getting birth and set free, and off course amazing sunsets from the house. It is pet friendly so my dog also had a blast. Trully recommended and looking forward to get back.

Date of stay: October 2020
Reviewed 21 September 2020 via mobile

If you feel tired about the rush of the city. This place is a perfect way out from it.

We spent a whole weekend and you realize all magic starts to take place once you arrived, you might feel nature's hug when the birds and other animals such as deers and tepezcuintles walk around the house. Also when sun goes down and darkness arises from the opposite side, in company of a deluge tipically of the rainforest, grab a cup of coffee and walk up stairs to listen, watch and feel it's power and energy.

My girlfriend, I and our 2 Great Danes stayed in Casa Teca, only 150 mts far from the beach (very close) and let me tell that we all enjoyed it very much and loved the fact they're pet-friendly. I bet our dogs had the best time of their life's and we as well. This is family project and one of the members were staying near the house, assisting on whatever request we had. He and his employee also helped us to get our drone back from a palm tree (you know sh*t happens ). We're truly grateful to knew this place and their people around and I'll be sure you will feel the same the day you get there. This place should be on your list!!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2019 via mobile

If you are looking for a place to rest far away from the routine this is definitely it. It's calm and quiet. In low tide the beach is incredible, all those natural pools that emerge are simply perfect. Besides we were able to free new born turtles which was a great experience. I definitely recommend it!

Advice:

Make sure you take all you need (groceries, clothes, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, towels...) as you will not be able to buy any of those nearby.

Preferably take the amount you need to pay in cash and take the exact amount as their card terminal might not work (I was told this when I made my reservation) and they might not have change (which actually happened to me)

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

I personally have visited this wildlife refuge, for 20 years, back in time access was by foot from esterillos by the sea shore, 1hour+ Walk to enjoy the beauty and nature of punta mala, last december I was surprised of finding this lodge, built right on the spot, with gated secured easy access from the highway, 10 min drive thru palm plantation we could start seeing a peaceful place in which flora and fauna manifestation is clear by welcoming tucans, and monkeys set free, when reaching the lodge.
With unique mix of sea life, plenty on the risk, and natural pools and jacuzzis where small and medium fish get trapped on low tide. Or walk down the sea shore to the turtle reproduction lab.
Definetely a place for exploration, adventure, discovery and relaxation.
Stunning views, private and full of life, leisure wise, you’ll find a clean place, no A/C, kitchenette, fridge, microwave, no hot water, some fans.
But surely you won't missed a/c or hot water, such nice climate and blend with nature that you dont need Wi-fi connection , good cell signal.
In this place you just want to be unpmugged from the world and civilization.

Closest greatest wildlife refuge, conservation area by the sea from San Jose.

Date of stay: December 2018