See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2015

I stay at IHG properties a lot, and mainly at Holiday Inn Expresses when I travel domestically, and this property was very comparable. The staff, (though no one seemed to speak very much English at all), were very tentative, polite and helpful. They have a full-time security guard and they are located in a great shopping/dining center with nice choices of both. The rooms were clean and everything worked as it should. They offer a airpory shuttle service, although I was unable to arrange it by phone or email. Do not try calling them from the US and "selecting 9 for English" and expect to ever speak to a human being. I tried 6 time on 3 different days and different times and my longest wait was over 15 minutes. Just take a taxi, as the airport is very close. The location, (depending on what you are there for), is ideal and it was perfect for my business in Tampico. This will be my base in when in Tampico.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
marlen c, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Tampico, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

Dear Guest

First of all I want to offer you an apology for any inconvenience during your stay in reference with the incident with the service the reception as this helps us to identify our areas of opportunity and work on them to improve the quality of our services; we reported that we have implemented corrective action in relation to your comment.
Waiting us the chance to have your preference and serve you as you deserve.
We are at your service.
GREETINGS

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed for a couple of day for business trip. The hotel is clean but prices are high for what you get. There are several other negatives to the hotel. There is no place at all for parking and its very hard to sleep comfortably having music blaring outside until the late hours of the night. There are several businesses surrounding the hotel making it very loud and very frustrating to move and relax at night after work. This hotel is supposed to be business friendly and I did not find it to be like that. I tried communicating this to the front desk but they mostly told me to not pay attention to it. I will reconsider my next stay and probably pay a little more for a more comfortable atmosphere.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank The_World_Tourister
Marlen C, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Tampico, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Dear Guest

First of all I want to offer you an apology for any inconvenience during your stay in reference with the incident with the noise in your room as this helps us to identify our areas of opportunity and work on them to improve the quality of our services; we reported that we have implemented corrective action in relation to your comment.

Waiting us the chance to have your preference and serve you as you deserve.
We are at your service.
GREETINGS

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I stayed 2 nights at this hotel and it was a good experience, the rooms are clean and comfortable but small as you would expect from any other hotel from this chain.

TV sets are small and outdated but work fine and AC units are noisy.

In one of the rooms I stayed the sink was collecting water because a link in the pipes was loose but that was the only problem.

It is very good located for business travelers with restaurants, coffee shops and a bank in the same plaza mor banks and a Walmart across the street so you don't need to use taxis.

They offer transportation service to and from the airport and staff is friendly and helpful.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis K
Marlen C, Guest Relations Manager at City Express Tampico, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Good afternoon Luis.

Thanks for contact us we are thanks for your comments and its plased to know that the Hotel City Express Tampico did with your expectatives of comfort and service and make you very comfortable

Looking foward for your next visit soon

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I was a little anxious having read the other comments here but when I arrived at City Express, Tampico my fears were all eliminated. The desk was efficient, the security guards friendly and between their attempts at English and mine in Spanish everything was fine. The internet is sometimes slow but I find that everywhere. The manager made no less than 3 attempts to be sure that I was satisified with the services. There is a free shuttle that is clean, safe and prompt. The rooms are appropriately furnished for a hotel stay. There is a "Happy Hour" in the evenings with snacks and beer and there is a much more than adequate breakfast buffett. Not quite a full buffett but a healthy alternative w/ fresh fruit, cereal, yougart, hotcakes, breads and more than you need. EXCELLENT location with resturants and services nearby in walking distance. I am returning to Tampico in August and plan on stayin here again. Well done.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank hjnicols
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Appreciated guest
It is our pleasure to offer our services is our main motivation and commitment that your stay is pleasant and productive. They look for the improvements to your next visit unforgettable.

we say goodbye to you, reiterating our commiment to continue improve

Reviewed 29 June 2009

This hotel is located near Applebees and across from Walmart however as a travel agent I would not recommend this hotel to my clients. The toilets smelled like sewer, they had no irons available even though it says just ask for irons if you need one, no hair dryers. The front desk could not answer several questions such as where the taxi service would cover what areas. It says continental breakfast but had very few choices. They had no wash clothes available. We stayed on the 3rd floor and the room stayed very humid that you felt sticky during the night. Rooms were very small. Fortunately, I had family there and spent only night time hours at this hotel but never again .

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family