See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2016

They charged me for a room, than rented it, and refuse to return my money. When I talked to the management they were nasty and demonstrated no concern for travelers. I was in service business for 28 years and I know how to treat customers. I am truly angry concerning the way I was treated.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
GerenteRioVista, Gerente at Rio Vista Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Dana Kaiser,
First of all, thank you for your comments.
About your comments, let me explain you what really happened.
In first place, you booked with us through a on-line travel agency (OTA). You did not booked directly with us.
Secondly, you called us by phone the same day of your arrival, trying to cancel the reservation, but we explained you that the cancelation had to be done through the OTA. Unfortunatly for you, according to OTA policies, and also according to almost every hotel in the world, cancellation must be done 24 hours before your arrival in order to avoid penalization during high occupancy period. We are really sorry for this situation, but we are not responsible, we were with our hands tied since you did not booked directly with us. Best regards!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Even though is a Business Hotel, I decided to bring my family twice in the last month for at least 3 nights.
Tampico is my hometown and my mother´s house is just five minutes away which is the main reason I choose the hotel. But having said that, I can say that the rooms are perfectly fine, we do not have complains about it. Breakfast was included but never tried it, I prefer my mom´s cooking!!

Room Tip: The hotel is some steps away from a shopping mall and a super market across the street
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 June 2015 via mobile

I've been in this hotel for a couple of times, but this weekend was totally disappointed. People attention to customer is still good, but the cleaning of the room is only superficial, maintenance is terrible: the bed is missing one of 4 supports (patas), there is a spot on the bathroom ceiling for humidity, the mirror in the elevator is broken, and on top of this, i called the front desk for a couple of clean towels and they told me they don't have any... Really?

Hope next time will be better.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Blanca S
Reviewed 10 March 2015

My wife and I stayed the Rio Vista Inn in Tampico from 3/5 through 3/9. Tampico is a big city with many hotel options. I am glad we were able to pick one of the best. To avoid a long read, I will touch on a few of the positives. Before I start, the entire city was safe. There were no safety issues. I'm not saying they don't exist, but we saw none. However, we were very careful and were well aware of our surroundings at all times and never letting our guard down at all times.

- Friendly and helpful staff
- Quick Check in and check out
- Clean and spacious room
- Comfortable bed with large modern flat screen tv
- In room safety box with lock
- Delicious free breakfast
- Located near the airport off a busy street
- Located near two large shopping malls
- Located near many many quality restaurants
- Hotel staff gladly contacts a safe and reliable cab service
- Fast and reliable WIFI network
- In room coffee maker and toilet items

We didn't get a chance to try the gym or the pool. However, they looked clean and functional.

I would definitely stay here again and I will recommend it to all my friends!

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Great location, hospitality and service! Best hotel in Tampico! Nice clean rooms! The service is excellent! They welcome you with great enthusiasm, help with any questions! Excellent price range! Rooms are very clean, big and spacious! The bathrooms are clean And toiletries are given. You have your own coffe maker in each room, with a new package of coffee delivered to your room every day. Complimentary water every day. Roomservice is available Al well as breakfast in the lobby every day.

• Stayed: January 2015