“Brilliant experience ”

Instituto Habla Hispana
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the town's premier language schools.
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Everything up until I started school was a little messy, and no communication from the school at all, unless I followed up. The registration process is confusing - the website clearly states that registration is on a first come, first served basis but the student is expected to send a $100 deposit without confirmation of availability from the school.
However, once I started at the school everything was fantastic. Emphasis is truly placed on learning through conversation and I felt my Spanish improved ten-fold during my two weeks at the school. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson with my teacher Enrique and three fellow students. Lessons were really interesting, we spoke a lot, we laughed a lot and we learned a lot.
The school arranges extra curricular activities which were also a really good way to learn vocabulary and socialise with other students. In Spanish of course!
I also did the homestay and absolutely loved every minute of living with my homestay family. They welcomed me like one of their own, were very caring and also very helpful and mindful of helping us to practice our Spanish. For me this part of being a student at the school was just as important and brilliant an experience as the lessons themselves.
Everything was so good that I can only suggest that the school improves management of the registration process and also of the assessment of the students - there was a student in our class that clearly struggled with the level - she left after a few days, which was better for her and better for the rest of us, as we were able to progress more quickly.
But I would wholeheartedly recommend studying at Habla Hispana, it was a brilliant experience!

3  Thank SDRJvoy
"learning spanish"
in 7 reviews
"great school"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"cooking class"
"san miguel"
in 25 reviews
"individual attention"

Reviewed 12 August 2017

I could have gone here for longer than 2 weeks. The instructors are very knowledgeable, are very kind and have incredible patience. Grammar is of course important but then you have many hours to practice your speaking Spanish skills, in a safe environment and you get all the help you want.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

Small classes, lively teachers, individualized support available. It is hard work to learn a new language and this school offers a wonderful service in helping you gain competence and many opportunities to practice! Do a home stay to more than double your opportunities for learning!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

I took Spanish classes here last week, and found it was a great way to jump start my learning of the language. The instructors are excellent and the school is run very well. It's also set around a picturesque garden and includes extracurricular activities for students, as well as optional lodging onsite.

1  Thank Dave_Gr99