“Best Spanish Instruction I have ever received! I will return.”

Instituto Habla Hispana
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the town's premier language schools.
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I loved this school during the week I spent there learning Spanish. My main teacher Socuro was an excellent teacher and funny. I am an intermediate beginner with classes here and there the past 30 years. The four hours of morning class flew by. The first hour is grammer, a break with coffee/tea and light cookies. The second hour is conversation will other teachers rotating in each day and finally the last hour which is vocabulary practice. It never got dull. I completely enjoyed the other students and felt I got to know them in a very short time.(in Spanish of course) Included in the price of the actual lessons we got a soft text book, afternoon walking tour on Monday, Wednesday learned Spanish songs and the finale was a Friday afternoon cooking course at the school where we learned to make Chili Rellenos.Quite a process where we dined with rice.
Lots of fun, great teachers, interesting students at all levels.

1  Thank Julie M
All reviews
"language school"
in 12 reviews
"home stay"
"learning spanish"
"great school"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
in 4 reviews
"spent two weeks"
"beginner level"
"fellow students"

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I spent two weeks with Habla Hispana in the Fall of 2017 and stayed with a family. I absolutely loved the experience and did not want to leave!
1. The schedule of Mon-Fri from 9-1 with a couple of activities a week was perfect for me. It allowed for concentrated in class learning with time to enjoy San Miguel de Allende. Homework was not onerous.
2. I was in the intermediate class with Enrique as the class teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed his personality and teaching style. Not only did I re-learn, and learn, Spanish, I laughed a lot throughout the two weeks.
3. The other students at the school were terrific. Smart, interesting and a pleasure to be around.
4. I stayed with Marina and Ernesto. They are pros at having students stay with them. Their house is clean, nice and comfortable. Marina is a terrific cook. They are both warm, welcoming and engaging. It was the perfect place for me to stay.

I would not hesitate to recommend Habla Hispana to others and I anticipate going back one day myself.

1  Thank Julie H
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Classes fro 9 am to 1 pm are just enough. Instructors at all levels are wonderful. Can't recommend highly enough

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My husband and I enrolled in a month-long program at the beginner level. By the time we left, I was comfortable having basic conversations in almost any situation. The teachers are excellent, and the conversational approach is very helpful. This might be a difficult experience if a person has had no exposure to Spanish whatsoever because it is an immersion approach. But you will learn to speak, which is what I wanted to accomplish. Take advantage of the opportunity to reside with a Mexican family, as well as the additional cultural programs provided (i.e., tours, cooking, listening to Spanish music to improve your understanding).

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Everything up until I started school was a little messy, and no communication from the school at all, unless I followed up. The registration process is confusing - the website clearly states that registration is on a first come, first served basis but the student is expected to send a $100 deposit without confirmation of availability from the school.
However, once I started at the school everything was fantastic. Emphasis is truly placed on learning through conversation and I felt my Spanish improved ten-fold during my two weeks at the school. I thoroughly enjoyed every lesson with my teacher Enrique and three fellow students. Lessons were really interesting, we spoke a lot, we laughed a lot and we learned a lot.
The school arranges extra curricular activities which were also a really good way to learn vocabulary and socialise with other students. In Spanish of course!
I also did the homestay and absolutely loved every minute of living with my homestay family. They welcomed me like one of their own, were very caring and also very helpful and mindful of helping us to practice our Spanish. For me this part of being a student at the school was just as important and brilliant an experience as the lessons themselves.
Everything was so good that I can only suggest that the school improves management of the registration process and also of the assessment of the students - there was a student in our class that clearly struggled with the level - she left after a few days, which was better for her and better for the rest of us, as we were able to progress more quickly.
But I would wholeheartedly recommend studying at Habla Hispana, it was a brilliant experience!

1  Thank SDRJvoy