“San Miguel Instituto Habla Hispana”

Instituto Habla Hispana
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the town's premier language schools.
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I spent a month at the school last year and next year hope to spend another month there but live in with a family nearby. It was a wonderful experience - not only did it include lessons (entirely in Spanish) but a cooking class and tours around the town with an instructor. Informal, friendly, relaxing...

All reviews
"learning spanish"
in 7 reviews
"great school"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"cooking class"
"san miguel"
in 25 reviews
"individual attention"

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The teacher I had thought she was teaching 3rd graders. Her manner showed disrespect. She seemed to forget that we were paying her salary.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

I loved this school during the week I spent there learning Spanish. My main teacher Socuro was an excellent teacher and funny. I am an intermediate beginner with classes here and there the past 30 years. The four hours of morning class flew by. The first hour is grammer, a break with coffee/tea and light cookies. The second hour is conversation will other teachers rotating in each day and finally the last hour which is vocabulary practice. It never got dull. I completely enjoyed the other students and felt I got to know them in a very short time.(in Spanish of course) Included in the price of the actual lessons we got a soft text book, afternoon walking tour on Monday, Wednesday learned Spanish songs and the finale was a Friday afternoon cooking course at the school where we learned to make Chili Rellenos.Quite a process where we dined with rice.
Lots of fun, great teachers, interesting students at all levels.

1  Thank Julie M
Reviewed 29 November 2017

I spent two weeks with Habla Hispana in the Fall of 2017 and stayed with a family. I absolutely loved the experience and did not want to leave!
1. The schedule of Mon-Fri from 9-1 with a couple of activities a week was perfect for me. It allowed for concentrated in class learning with time to enjoy San Miguel de Allende. Homework was not onerous.
2. I was in the intermediate class with Enrique as the class teacher. I thoroughly enjoyed his personality and teaching style. Not only did I re-learn, and learn, Spanish, I laughed a lot throughout the two weeks.
3. The other students at the school were terrific. Smart, interesting and a pleasure to be around.
4. I stayed with Marina and Ernesto. They are pros at having students stay with them. Their house is clean, nice and comfortable. Marina is a terrific cook. They are both warm, welcoming and engaging. It was the perfect place for me to stay.

I would not hesitate to recommend Habla Hispana to others and I anticipate going back one day myself.

1  Thank Julie H