“Lunch and bakery ”
Review of La Mesa Grande

La Mesa Grande
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A hip bakery + cafe in San Miguel de Allende serving your favourite bread, pastries, salads, sandwiches and wood-burning oven pizza throughout the day. To complement our baked goodies, try a cold craft beer from Mexico, wine by the glass or bottle or sit down and join others in conversation with a delicious latte, cappuccino or iced coffee at La Mesa Grande! Now accepting Visa, MasterCard and debit, as well as your hard-earned cash!
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

A great place to grab a quick soup, salad or sandwich in San Miguel de Allende. Mesa Grande also offers a great slice of pizza and baked goods. This is where I get my fix for a good NY style bagel. They offer a sandwich with smoked trout on a bagel that takes me back home.
Provecho!

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I hate to paraphrase an old commercial but growing up with NYC delis, the key requirement for a sandwich is sufficient meat. We have had very good breakfasts at La Mesa Grande but this the first time that I decided to try takeout sandwiches.
What a disappointment! The bread was very good as usual but there was basically no meat. My wife had the croque mondieur and it had one slice of pressed ham. I had the sausage sandwich and had difficulty finding any sausage.
We will stick to their breakfasts and breads and look elsewhere for sandwiches

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

La Mesa Grande is a terrific cafe that is best known for its delicious breads. The coffee is very good and the snacks delicious.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

Wish i was there today ,enjoying your delicious latte, tortas de limon!! and company of Amber and Carlos..Alas-- am far away on Vancouver Island dreaming of lemon tarts

2  Thank bwhiteyb
Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I dined mid-day. She ordered huevos rancheros from the breakfast menu and I had pizza. Both of us were 100% pleased with the flavor and presentation of our meal. Staff was also attentive and pleasant. We'll be back, which is a strong endorsement in a city with hundreds of restaurants. ;-)

2  Thank Geoff B