Hacienda El Santuario(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$115
Agoda.com
Amatista Hotel Boutique(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$87
  • Breakfast included
Casa Schuck Boutique Hotel(San Miguel de Allende)
US$180
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$202/night.

Ana Catalina(San Miguel de Allende)
US$81
US$76
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Hostel Punto 79(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$37
Arcada San Miguel(San Miguel de Allende)
US$57
US$54
Alba del Castillo(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
US$71
Acuarela Bed And Breakfast(San Miguel de Allende)(Great Value!)
US$98
Antigua Villa Santa Monica(San Miguel de Allende)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$247
Artesana Luxury Villa(San Miguel de Allende)
US$315
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssan miguelliving room and bedroomprivate patiowonderful hostswonderful cityan oasiscasitaprivacytowngwenfireplaceculturecelebrationretreat
Reviewed 9 October 2005

we spent 6 nights at las terrazas, in san miguel de allende. We stayed in the mariposa suite (1 bedroom, living/dining and full kitchen). We really enjoyed our stay. Las Terrazas is owned by Murray and Greg. We dealt mostly with Murray who was an incredible host. He arranged a very nice trip to guanajuato for us, our guide and driver, Ricardo was extremely knowledgeable and very accomodating.

San Miguel is a pretty town. Las Terrazas is situated a few blocks from the Jardin (uphill) and in a tranquil but accessable area. The price/quality at Las Terrazas is extremely good. There is no breakfast included and this gives you the option of making your own in the very nice kitchen or stepping out to one of the great breakfast locations (we liked Posada Corazon's breakfast a lot).

5  Thank goldenhoney
San Anselmo, CA
Reviewed 11 August 2005

Our friends Karen and Barry have been coming here for years and are always encouraging us to try it for ourselves. Well, we finally did and after all the years of yearning to revisit Puebla and Oxaca, I have found an even better place to savor Colonial Mexico.

You can search around other websites for all the town has to offer. You won't find a city like this anywhere else in Mexico, it's got a very strong historical appreciation and preservation community. Art is taught, made and sold everywhere. The food is fabulous, the water purified almost everywhere. There are organic produce and health food stores, yoga classes and relaxing massage spas. The only problem I see is that it's getting discovered by more and more people which will drive up real estate prices( it already is) and may make the beautiful spots like Las Terrazas a little harder to get into.

Greg and Murray will take care of everything you need or want and more. They appreciate the details, so whatever they do or take on reflects that attention to detail. You don't ask for anything, it's already done and been taken care of. Shuttles to and from the Leon airport, day trips, guides, where to eat, where to buy art, pottery, textiles, clothing, a very respected bilingual attorney to help you buy some land (yeah we got hooked in the first week), music and theater tickets, wines, saguaro vodka (OK the cactus vodka was my discovery).

We stayed in Mariposa (1BR) and other than their palace, I mean place, I thought it was the best for us. All three casas are unique in their own way. They are decorated with a variety of stone, tile, beautifully furnished and decorated with pieces from their own art collection. They have too much to fit in their house. Lucky us!

All of the water in the whole place is filtered so you can relax drinking from the faucet, taking showers, brushing your teeth. That was an awesome experience, having traveled to Mexico for over 40 years, water interaction has always been an anxious situation for me. Not here! and not at any of the local restaurants or bars either. Tourism is very important and they take the health and well being of their visitors very seriously.

OK back to the Mariposa, the kitchen is huge and is outfitted for someone who cooks, sharp knives, a great selection of pots and pans. All the gadgets you'd need to cook anything. They also have an extensive collection of Cazuelas, the glazed earthenware casseroles to cook in. We ate out a lot and cooked in too. It was nice to have all the things you need to enjoy cooking, if that's your thing.

All the rooms look out onto a patio that is loaded with plants of every size and shape and then there's a fountain and views and a hammock.... I could easily have just stayed at Mariposa and relaxed for the 2 weeks without feeling the need to go into town. There is satellite TV, a huge dining table, an incredible pair of antique doors on the wall, beautiful tiled bathroom with a shower and a queen bed with a wonderful ironwork headboard. The whole place has lots of storage in handmade cabinets and the sheets are very soft cotton. There is not one thing I would change in this place. Book it, enjoy the wonderful weather, food and friendly people!

Greg and Murray, thanks so much for creating these warm and wonderful homes and sharing them with us.

Harlen and Cheryl
San Anselmo, CA

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 August 2005

We just returned from our 6th stay at Las Terrazas. We have stayed in all of the casas on the property at various times, both with the original owners, Phillip and David, and the current owners, Greg and Murray. Each casa is outstanding.

Casa Grillo the 2-br/2-ba unit at the foot of the property is ideal for 2 couples or a family. The rooms are spacious, comfortable, beautifully decorated, and as in all the casas at LTSM, you are surrounded by gorgeous original artwork.

One summer we rented Casa Mariposa, the 1-br with a HUGE terrace, for ourselves and rented Casa Colibri, the lovely studio with its drop-dead gorgeous view, for our guests. This was a great arrangement, but, of course, a bit more pricey than staying in Casa Grillo.

Greg and Murray are excellent hosts who continue the welcoming, inclusive hospitality which we came to expect with Phillip and David. The staff are also top-quality: efficient, caring, friendly, yet unobtrusive.

Las Terrazas encapsulates the best of San Miguel--relaxed, sophisticated, gorgeous, alluring. And, yes, we have already booked our return (sadly for just nine days) for next March. It's habit-forming!!!

Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 9 August 2005

Casita Colibri-sweet home of the hummingbird. I woke up here each morning, poured a cup of fresh coffee and took in the essence of San Miguel. I was surrounded by old churches with their bells ringing, tiled rooftops and distant mountains. Greg and Murray made me feel right at home at Las Terraza and they acclimated me to San Miguel very quickly. The town is a jewel in the center of Mexico with its elaborate colonial architecture, colorful history and rich assortment of people. A few steps from Las Terraza and I was in the heart of the city-La Jardin which is a great place for people watching. We traveled from Las Terraza to Mineral de Pozas and explored abandoned silver mines. The countryside was beautiful. My 1 week visit went way to fast, but now that I have a taste of San Miguel via Las Terraza I am sure I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2005
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Covington, TX
Reviewed 17 July 2005

This was my first trip to Mexico and thanks to Murray and the laid back hospitality, it was a trip to remember. Las Terrazas is wonderful. Three friends and myself were met upon arrival by Murray one of the owners. Murray was bearing beautiful fresh flowers and had wine chilling for us. We stayed in the Casa Grillo and it was wonderful. Everything we might need was there. Murray was great, so helpful in suggesting places to dine, shop and sightsee. The views of San Miguel from the terrace patios were breathtaking. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in San Miguel!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member