Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Really special garments here

High quality and distinctive items - for those of us who like very nice pieces of clothing... read more

Reviewed 18 February 2018
LisaInUK
Cambridge, United Kingdom
BE READY TO SHOP! Traditional with a modern twist!!!

Reviewed 1 February 2018
Aurora B

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around San Miguel de Allende
from US$98.00
from US$56.00
from US$71.79
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2018

This is by all means my favorite shop. Recreo knows how to make something traditional like the Mexican Sarape and give it a modern current twist. But, since they opened with their traditional styles, they have evolved into a modern cutting edge brand! Come dressed in a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt and transform your outfit with a velvet kimono, a cashmere wrap, a houndstooth cape, a silk kafkan, and be ready to walk the town and leave San Miguel with a One-Of-A-Kind piece for life.
Did I mention, the owners are the coolest kindest family in town?!
Friendly staff and a beautiful restored corner shop/studio. When you are there, don't forget to look up at the incredible Andrew Fisher chandelier!

1  Thank Aurora B
Reviewed 30 January 2018

What can I say? This is simply the best shopping experience in all of Mexico.

I have worked in fashion for my entire career and this unique luxury boutique offers unrivaled garments. Evening wear, beach coverups, first layers, second layers, Recreo San Miguel has everything for every need. I picked up their reinterpretation of a classic bomber jacket and it immediately became my go-to top layer. Compared to their competitors you won't find a better value for the price.

In addition to an impeccable sartorial selection the physical space is gorgeous and the sales staff is professional, attentive, and hospitable (I was immediately offered coffee and other refreshments).

Bottom line: Don't leave San Miguel de Allende without visiting (and certainly purchasing from) Recreo San Miguel.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I was introduced to Recreo by the recommendation of a friend two years ago before we traveled to San Miguel. We visited the store and I fell in love! I have purchased several items now from the store and they are among my favorite pieces in my wardrobe. Stunning capes trimmed with vintage fabrics, beautiful silk dresses and lovely ponchos. The garments are handmade with careful attention to detail. It is a lovely store with wonderful personal service.

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank melissa r
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I was in San Miguel 5 years ago and bought a beautiful poncho...camel color with beautiful beads that chime when I walk. Recently, I wanted something special to wear to Cabo San Lucus. I ordered a long silk dress and robe from the on line store. It didn't disappoint-the compliments I received from this outfit were awesome! I am returning to San Miguel in March and can't wait to revisit the store.

1  Thank huffmanmichele
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

First time in San Miguel town, loved the location but when I found this place with high quality garments, my trip was complete; exquisite and unique pieces, just what I needed. The place is charming and what a wonderful staff, don’t miss it!!

2  Thank Cruiser752390