All reviewsloch fynescallopsresidents loungedining roomloch viewcullen skinkupstairs loungepicture windowsea bassfantastic viewssteak pielovely roomblack puddingstayed for two nightslovely hotelsitting areaseafood
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped for late lunch in restaurant.
Excellant food and service.
Decor cosy. Used by locals.
Great loch views.
Highly recommend if in area.
Did not stay in hotel but heard people saying rooms were great.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2018

stayed here in room 16 it was lovely and bright with a very comfortable bed and fantastic loch views the staff are very warm and welcoming especially boo and hector the food is of a high standard and the menu has something to suit everyones needs the bar is a very relaxed atmosphere where the locals like to have a little blether and also friendly i would 100% stay here again

Room Tip: room 16 perfect views
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2018

Lovely family run hotel with awesome views across Loch Fyne and beyond. The food is really good, with a wide selection of locally sourced produce. I especially liked the option of kippers and smoked haddock on the breakfast menu. The friendly attentive staff made this a most enjoyable stay. If you are passing this area, it’s worth a visit, you won’t be disappointed. We’ll definitely be back.

Room Tip: A room overlooking Loch Fyne to enjoy the views.
Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 February 2018

We first visited Creggans two years ago and had a very pleasant stay, good enough for me to book the hotel for two nights to cope with a celebration that I wanted to go well. It doesn't matter how good an owner thinks the hotel is regarding facilities etc, if the staff don't cut the mustard then you are scuppered.

The team at Creggans are just great. Friendly, helpful, happy to impart local knowledge and generally engage in conversation to make you feel welcome, almost like part of a wider family.

I had booked a superior room with loch views and was more than happy when we were shown what was, in effect a mini suite with separate living and bedroom areas. The tea and coffee store was well stocked with a decent amount of tea bags. We have stayed in hotels where you get two tea bags and you have to ask for more Not a plus point in my book.

Two years ago I felt the food was okay but this visit the kitchen team had upped their game. My pan-fried sea bass with squid ink risotto was unctious to the nth degree - I will be stealing that idea for a dinner party - and my lamb rump the following night was (not) cooked perfectly pink A good vet could have brought it back to life.

If it wasn't for the fact that we had to return home to pick up a friend from the station, I would have asked if they could have put us up for another night or two, it was that good, Needless to say, this has now been logged as a place for a regular return visit.

This has nothing to do with Creggans but avoid the A83 to Inverary and beyond, it is the pothole capital of the UK. Also ], there are numerous roadworks where there are "ramps" that bear or a resemblance to a cliff edge!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kevin T
Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic break here the room (3) was very spacious beautifully decorated and had a wonderful on suit bathroom .
The hotel is very dog friendly and Rosie our Cavalier enjoyed meeting the two resident four legged friends.
There was a very good choice on the dinner menu even for my veggie wife who usually has a limited choice when we visit hotels and restaurants.
In the mornings the breakfast choice was equally good well cooked and generously portioned and at us up for the day.
The location of the inn is perfect offering perfect views over loch and the staff are very welcoming friendly and helpful.
I would highly recommend the Creggans Inn to anyone looking for a short or long stay in this beautiful part of Scotland.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple