Bahia Hotel & Beach House(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$146
  • Restaurant
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$195
US$156
  • Pool
Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$48
US$46
  • Pool
Baja Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$60
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$827
US$279
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Bajas Cactus Hotel y Hostel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$29
  • Breakfast included
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$57
Hotels.com
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$451
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$325
US$292
Priceline
1,970 results
All reviewsjose luisplaya grandetejaban restaurantsushiconstruction noisepacific sideswim up barupper pooltime shareall inclusive packagemain restaurantshort walk to the marinaprivate beachrestaurant staffdivorce beachlovers beachfood and drinks
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We were very pleased with two of the resort's employees: Ms. Cynthia Escobar and Mr. Javier Garcia. They were charming and of most assistance in helping us with our needs at the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the original 5 story building. Since the resort is in the construction phase, the only noise we experienced was the crane moving about.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Dear Mr. Roland:

Thank you very much for share your experience at Solmar Resort.

We are glad to know you are pleased with the service our co workers have provided you. I am very sure they love what they do as well as we do and express it through out the sevice.

Please come back soon we will be happy to see you here.

Cordially

The Management

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Check-in and out process is just too long, staff were courteous and polite, but the process is just too cumbersome. I noticed that not one Front Desk person I knew from last year was working, so I asked and was told the personnel had all rolled over (no continuity is a very serious problem).
I usually spend between $800 and a $1,000 for food and beverage, at the resort. On my first full day I ordered Chicken Nachos and two Pina Colodas, my total bill was $41.00 after tax and 15% gratuity. Realizing that you were trying to force everyone into All Inclusive, I choose to eat out and drink a minimum while at the resort. After spending $148 before tax and gratuity at Playa Grande for our group for the Superbowl, and the previously discussed $41.00, my total bill at Solmar was $444.00 for my two week stay. If you continue to raise prices I will soon not spend anything at the resort and purchase my food and beverage in town, where most prices are more reasonable.
Finally, I arrive at the construction. At Fiesta Americana they choose to do their construction in the off season, so as not to disturb your guests. You would think that someone would have given some thought to that process at Solmar.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Larry P
luis a, Manager at Solmar Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Mr. Larry P;
On behalf of Solmar Resort, we thank you for taking the time to share your comments.
In Solmar we take care of our staff. Possibly you did not see some of them because there have been promotions; our front desk manager now she is assistant manager. One of our bellman now works in the front desk. Our chief Concierge now is taking care of the front desk, etc.
Regarding food and beverage, we try to extend the all-inclusive benefits to our time share customers optionally at very reasonable prices. The prices offered to you by Playa Grande are not their regular prices; those corresponded to a special event they were promoting due to the super bowl. The cover fee included food and beverages unlimited.
We will consider your advice regarding the construction work.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. As a valued guest, your opinions are of great are importance.

If you have any questions or any further comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely yours.

The Management

Reviewed 13 February 2012

we had the best experience here. the staff was very friendly, vincente, matao,daniel were wonderful. service great rooms good, location is the best for whale watching, strolling on the beach just hanging at the pool. would definatly go back to solmar. awesome value.

Room Tip: ask for lower level near the pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank 49cabogirl
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This is a fine property where you can enjoy the incredible views of the Pacific Ocean from dawn to dusk. Customer service is first rate as are the rooms. I stayed in a studio unit which was very large and had a great balcony where you could sit and have a beverage!! :) As I mentioned in the title the "All Inclusive" is an option and not mandatory. I personally do not desire this option as there are many fine places to eat in downtown Cabo. As well as some "hole in the walls" that are not only fun but delicious... A super venue to have a quiet and enjoyable time.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TemeculaCarGuy
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My fiance and I wanted an inexpensive but peaceful vacation and thought of Cabo since we live in California. Virgin America was offering a sweet deal on airfare so we booked a 5 day trip. We actually used Amex points to book an all inclusive at Solmar and received wonderful treatment. We had a great stay and I would highly recommend this to a couple (in the off season) looking for a romantic, peaceful getaway without a high price.

First off, I will say that the resort was EMPTY when we went in early September. We didn't see a single child (we're a couple without kids, so this was a big plus), and only saw one group of people at the very end of our trip. We ate almost every meal BY OURSELVES in the dining room and had the pool to ourselves during the day. Obviously if you go at Christmas or summer it's probably different. But suffice it to say, I felt very at peace there.

The staff was incredible. We started to feel a little guilty that they waited on us so attentively since we were the only people around so we started to tip a lot. I actually left a $70 tip one night just because the waiter had done such a great job and his manager came out and thanked me. These are some seriously hard working people in a tough economy in Mexico. They're there practically 24 hours a day and they're all very friendly. Most of them even speak English or at least they try. These are people with families that they never get to see and they devote so much energy to making the guests happy. Incredible.

The food was OK. There were some meals that were fantastic and others that were not. I'm a vegetarian so it was sometimes a struggle, but they were pretty good about making me something off menu. My fiance ordered the fish practically every night and loved it. We ate a lot of guacamole and nachos which were awesome by the pool. I probably drank 3-4 pina coladas a day and my fiance several beers. We loved the swim up bar but spent a lot of time under umbrellas reading. Yes the prices are very high if you don't do all inclusive, but it doesn't matter if you do the all inclusive. The staff is very appreciative of tips which we gave every time the service was excellent (which was 99% of the time!).

Our room was simple but lovely and clean. AC worked, hot water worked. The wireless Internet was kind of spotty but we also had 3G access on our devices so we didn't care. When the wireless did work it wasn't very fast, but you could check email. Our room faced the pool and we could see the construction. It never bothered us. One time by the pool I noticed the noise, but it still wasn't annoying. It never woke us up in the morning, even without ear plugs. The construction would stop early in the evening, or at least they did back in September. We found that by the pool during the day they play music, so you can't hear any construction. It sure beats the sound of screaming kids!

We also walked into town two of the nights. We felt very safe! The walk into town can be HOT during the summer but it was probably only 15 minutes briskly. We found downtown Cabo to be fun, but you have to find the right places. We mostly looked for smaller bars and sports bars. But again we ate and drank most everything at Solmar.

They did not bother giving us the time share presentation because 1. I'm under 27 years old, and 2. we weren't married. They didn't even offer us the presentation, so we didnt' deal with any of that. I found that they weren't pushy or rude people in general, so I can't imagine it would be a problem.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to a young couple or even a family interested in a peaceful, relaxing getaway. If you're used to Ritz Carlton's and Four Seasons hotels, then this is NOT for you. It's nice but not luxurious. If you also want the spring break college 'ME' experience, this won't do it for you either. Oh and you can't swim in the ocean on this side of the peninsula, but we just walked to the other side and hung out on the beach there. We loved Solmar and hope to return to it again some day!

Room Tip: We made sure to get the King bed room which is more expensive than two double beds
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple