We stayed in a friend’s timeshare (at the old Solmar) for 2 weeks in February 2012. A big advantage to the Solmar is its location within walking distance of the marina, downtown and many good restaurants. The big advantages to our room were the ocean view, and the kitchenette that allowed us to prepare a number of meals for ourselves. We spent lots of time on our balcony watching the constant whale activity nearshore and several miles out to sea (plus we saw a sea lion or two, a sea turtle, many small rays, and even saw dolphins on one occasion,). The restaurants, the drinks, lounging by the 2 pool's, walking the beach, dropping into the Playa Grande, the Finisterra etc, our side trip to San Jose - were all great from our perspective. All of the staff , including the front desk, the restaurant, the housekeeping staff, and even maintenance staff, were extremely friendly and helpful.
We especially appreciated that Angie was only gently persistent in pushing the time share presentation (we declined). By contrast, our airport arrival and the unavoidable running of the gauntlet of timeshare people was an ordeal and provided a very poor welcome to Cabo. This of course is not the Solmar's fault but at least for a few days does tend to affect how one reacts to anyone you meet that wants to provide you with a service. Having experienced the situation once, and gotten to interact with hotel staff a bit, undoubtedly we would be more relaxed the next time we visit - and we would be more skillful in navigating our way out of the airport..
Construction continues at the nearby Grande Solmar(very luxurious) and although there was some associated noise, it was only moderately distracting to us. The old Solmar is starting to show it’s age a little with a few maintenance issues appearing (eg leaky pipes) but maintenance staff reacted right away to the one problem we noticed.
It was our second time in Mexico in 20 years and our first visit to Los Cabos so we can’t compare our Solmar experience to other facilities. However we would be delighted to return to the Solmar in future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This intimate Oceanfront Resort is blessed by one of the most enchanting and romantic locations in Baja California. Granite cliffs hide the property from the outside world, yet the sights and sounds of Cabo San Lucas are but a 10 minute stroll away. You can spread your towel on the white sands of Solmar beach and soak up the sun in private comfort, grab a snorkel, a fishing pole or chose from a long list of other activities the Pacific Ocean has to offer, or shop, dine, then dance the night away at one of the many hotspots in Cabo San Lucas. Solmar Resort truly offers the best of both of worlds - unmatched privacy in an extraordinary natural setting. In every sense, it is the most Cabo Resort in Cabo San Lucas. Like all properties in the Solmar Hotel & Resort collection, the Solmar Resort is exclusively suites with kitchen facilities, private balconies, marble floors, granite countertops and fine linens. Solmar Resort offers the option of Bed & Breakfast plan and all inclusive package as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Solmar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort & Beach Club Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar All Inclusive Resort And Beach Club
- Solmar Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo San Lucas Solmar Hotel
- Solmar Cabo San Lucas
- Solmar Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos