Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$468
US$429
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$130
  • Pool
The Ridge at Playa Grande(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$256
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$451
Hotels.com
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$165
  • Breakfast included
Los Cabos Golf Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$82
  • Pool
Hotel Mar de Cortez(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$77
Travelocity
Hotel Santa Fe Los Cabos by Villa Group(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$59
Hotels.com
Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$222
Orbitz.com
1,553 results
All reviewsprivate beachestrella restaurantfull kitchenwhelkswasher dryerswim up barhome depotrented a carfire pitactivities directortacomexican fiestasmall resortthe penthouseonsite restauranttime shareocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 March 2012

THIS PLACE IS BEAUTIFUL! perched on a cliff above the pacific with all suites facing due south ; watching the whales and soaking up the sun became the daily ritual from our balcony.food was fabulous and reasonably priced. the staff were excellent;polite and fun.i must say bellman "francisco" and barman "carlos" went above the call of duty everyday and made us feel that we were welcome.all the staff deserve a standing ovation for their work " BRAVO" the rooms-- big, bright with travertine flooring in every room also on the balcony. the bathroom--huge , with a massive glass encased shower and closeted laundry pair. bedroom--with jetted tub for 2 maybe 3;is as big as the living room. we rented a car so location wasn't an issue ( i think i would rather be on the corridor than in town). at the time we were there (in bldg 3) i could recieve email but not send. overall i would return again and hope to next year

Room Tip: "the A rooms are twice as big as the B . well worth the twenty-something dollars.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We enjoyed the property and views during our 3 day stay. My issue is with the bed. The bed linen set-up they use is the sheet/blanket/sheet combo. The second night it got too warm in the room so I tried to kick out one of the layers. The bed was made so tightly that after much struggling I released the top layers and in the process all the sheets detached and the bed turned into a pile of twisted, wrinkled textiles. Now I don't want to make beds on vacation. Can't one hotel use a fitted bottom sheet?!? I'd pay extra for it. Hotel execs should have to sleep in one of their hotel beds once in a while and experience what it's actually like for 8 hours. Other than the bed (which is critical if you want a good night's sleep and happy spouse) Sirena was a beautiful place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Feb 24 - Mar 2 The Sirena Del Mar feels like a new and fresh and growing resort perched high above the ocean with great panoramic views. The hotel grounds are beautiful and very well maintained. The beach is small and private with great sand and snorkeling (over 20 species of fish observed within a 100 yards of the beach). Water temp 70 degrees. Rooms are well appointed although the smaller B rooms are a little tight for four adults but ok if you are out and about most of the time. Sofa bed was comfortable. Kitchen and BBQ by the pool was perfect for cooking your own meals. Restaurant was expensive and slow service.

Service - Bellboy (Francisco) was great. He was always ready to help, was knowledgable of the resort and surrounding areas. A big thumbs up here, our go to guy at the resort.

Service at the pools and hot tub was poor as staff did not check with us to see if we needed anything. Food and beverage coordination definately needs some help. Good thing we planned on cooking and making our own food and drinks.

Everyone at the resort was really nice.

Activities as scheduled hardly ever happened and they charged for the activities which are free at most other resorts.. Front desk was very helpful.

No need for a rental car, took the local bus everywhere. Taxis were readily available if needed.

This resort was great and we would definately come back.

Santa Rosa, CA

Room Tip: Go for the A room if traveling with another couple.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Second2none_12
Reviewed 4 March 2012

This was a Groupon coupon deal for us. It was more of a Bait and Switch. First it took me two days to actually get hold of anyone from the Welk Resorts to book the dates. Then, we booked, and were offered a free this and that...if we spent 90 min listening to a sales pitch. Then, after I finally talked with someone and got my dates settled, I received an email saying they were overbooked and we were now staying at the Westin. Sure, it's a 5 Star (dated) hotel, but it wasn't what I bought with the Groupon coupon. So, after much haranguing, they did agree to at least pay for our shuttle to and/from the airport ($36 USD). But, that was it! We still paid all the hotel taxes, hotel fees, internet fees, AND we had to pay for taxi's to/from Los Cabos and San Jose. And, that's expensive from where the Westin is located. One week before travel, I was supposed to get all transportation/hotel confirmations, but literally the night before I was following up with a supervisor because my sales guy had been out sick and didn't have the opportunity to return calls. I'm sorry for him, but someone should have followed up when they knew he would be out. I heard their motto was "under promise and over deliver", and I have to say....I was disappointed. They could have had a good Trip Advisor from me.

We also go absolutely attacked at the airport by time-share sales guys. It really zapped the fun and excitement of our first day. I guess I won't be buying any more Groupons for Mexico travel.

I do have to say that the Westin was a very nice hotel. Some of the customer service was exceptional (albeit not all), and the beach and pools were marvelous. Meals, although expensive, we also very good.

Room Tip: Don't buy a Groupon coupon deal to Sirena Del Mar.
Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
11  Thank USA1234_11
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Went for a long weekend trip for President's Day 2012. We were looking for a nice getaway from the city and most of all someplace warm. Sirena Del Mar seemed to be the ticket.

We arrived at almost 5 pm, immediately were checked in to a standard room, which was very spacious. Though they front desk said they were completely full, we didn't find the property too crowded. Room was very spacious and nice to have the kitchenette, but as we were only there for a weekend we didn't go to the nearby (10 min cab ride) WalMart or Costco to stock up on groceries. We ate dinner the first night at the resort as they were holding their pool fiesta. Decent drinks, ok food. The ok food would follow us through most of the trip.

Pools are beautiful and as I said, the resort never felt crowded. The service by the hotel staff was excellent, they are friendly and very accommodating. With the sole exception of the restaurant. Food is standard resort food, nothing too special but every time we ate there the service was extremely slow. At breakfast when we were one of two tables there it took almost an hour to get food. We thought it was early the first day so we tried lunch -- about six tables and still an hour to food. We thought that the cook must be cooking one dish at a time. It was so bad my partner was sunburnt from waiting for our lunch to arrive.

The day was a bit windy but the massage service had a great view but was cold and in my experience, not very satisfying. We decided to go into town for dinner as we didn't have much confidence in the restaurant. Next day we gave the restaurant one more try for breakfast but it was the same loooong wait for a pretty basic set of dishes. We ended up going to the nearby Villa Serena, a short walk up the driveway and ended up eating there (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the rest of the trip. Prices were better and the food was much more satisfying than the resort -- plus it didn't take forever.

We didn't attend the timeshare presentation as we liked the resort but didn't love it.

In the end, it was an A+ for hotel staff, A- for the room, A+ for the view, A for the pools, but a C- for the restaurant and a C- for the massage.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple