Our stay at the Grand Solmar was the last week of June of 2011. This is absolutely the most incredible resort I have ever been to- the entire place took my breath away every day of our stay. We chose the Grand Solmar because it's tucked away from Medano beach and anything we could deem as obnoxious, as we were in Cabo for a relaxing vacation, not the party scene. The location is absolutely perfect, nestled right up against the tip of Lands End, facing the Pacific Ocean. The entire hotel is open, with gentle sea breezes sweeping in and out of the lobby area. Words can't describe the beauty of this place! The entire hotel was very clean and quiet. We had a studio suite which was plenty spacious for the two of us, and no neighbor noise. And again, beautiful decor, beautiful view.
La Roca was our favorite restaurant, we enjoyed every meal we had between breakfast, lunch, and dinner. And what a stunning view while you sit out on the patio, with rumbling waves 100 feet away!
The staff all over the hotel completely took care of us with such genuine hospitality and professionalism. Everyone pitched in to make sure our stay was outstanding. There were two particular bellman (?) that were fantastic, along with the pool staff. Unfortunately I waited too long to get this right, but I think their names were Sam and Eduardo (the bellman). The front desk staff was a bit of a let down when it came to recommending restaurants and such, they didn't know much because they weren't from the area....?
Speaking of restaurants, I recommend El Farallon at Capella Pedregal with all my heart and soul and anything else I can recommend with. This was the Grand Solmar of the restaurants in Cabo, absolutely unbeatable. You must go and see for yourself.
We stayed during one of the earlier phases of construction, they were just starting to build to the right of the main pool. Hopefully it hasn't changed much because I will definitely be back every June for the rest of my life if I have it my way!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos