3,705 results
All reviews la roca don luis sports bar murphy bed lands end the pacific ocean master suite meal plan infinity pool time share fitness center crashing waves welcome home bell staff rooms are beautiful special thanks concierge desk
Reviewed 7 November 2012

My wife and I have been coming down to Cabo since 2007. We first visited on a cruise ship and the following year stayed in the original small solmar bungalows and fell in love with the resort. We then were talked into buying into Playa Grande time share. That was Ok , but when they showed us the yet to be built Grand Solmar we were hooked. Last year was our first year at the new resort and it was fantastic. This year we wanted two weeks and spent the first week at PG. We put up with a first floor room with no ocean view and plenty of noise from the party people. We waited for our second week at Grand Solmar and was it worth it - a different world. It was like a paridise. We got sucked into a presentation and paid for an upgrade to stay next year at GS for two weeks with no garantee as to where we will be placed . I have to say there is a difference between the sales people and the people who actually schedule your rooms. We especially appreciate Erica in the sales office who was the first person to tell us the truth about how it works. We are happy and can't wait for next year, Grand Solmar is the best resort with the best people. Love it.

Room Tip: If you want to see the sunset, pick the right building and the highest floor.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank REMCMANUS
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2012

We appreciate all of your wonderful comments, and yes, we do care about you at Grand Solmar.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is the newest resort in Cabo. On the beach on the Pacific Side with awesome views of the Sunrise and Sunset. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Great place for a romantic trip and or a family vacation. Their is an Adult only area for those that wish that seperation.

Room Tip: All rooms have an excellent view. We have a Time Share in the B Building that is the closest to the water. Love this location.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve D
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2012

We are delighted that we made your stay memorable.
All of us eagerly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

My husband and I were gifted an Interval International week timeshare from his grandparents to use for our honeymoon and we were so excited when we were able to get the Grand Solmar. The resort is brand new and absolutely gorgeous. Our room was on the ground floor, which I initially was unhappy about, but it ended up being great since we had direct access to the pools out our door. We had a "studio" room which was very spacious and we really loved the large bathroom with double sinks, large shower, and soaking tub. We also enjoyed having the kitchen--we used Where in Cabo for grocery delivery and enjoyed having our own alcohol and snacks throughout the stay. The greatest asset to the resort for us was is proximity to the city. We could easily walk from the resort to shops and restaurants and even felt very safe walking back after dark.

The pools were all immaculate and the infinity view was unbeatable. We enjoyed the specialty margaritas and mojitos--especially the cucumber one with the spicy salt rim. The snack foods were much better than the actual entrees in my opinion, but in general the food was very good. We dide 3 days of the all-inclusive plan, but ended up regretting it—the food quality of nice restaurants in town far surpassed Solmar’s and at a similar price. We enjoyed a massage at the spa on the beachfront tiki huts which was my absolute favorite part of the trip. The beach is essentially unusable due to the strong currents and waves, but if you walk down to the edge of the property where the large rock wall is you can climb a path there which deposits you onto Divorce Beach and you can walk through that to get to Lovers Beach. It was a fun little adventure, but if you do it make sure to wear proper shoes! All in all we really enjoyed our stay at Grand Solmar, it was the perfect luxurious, relaxing stay we had hoped for.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktjttravels

All of us enjoyed very much your Honeymoon vacation at Grand Solmar.
We'll be ready next year for your anniversary celebration with us again, and be ready for some nice surprises for both of you.
Cordially,

Reviewed 1 November 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Solmar at the end of September, beginning of October for his 30th birthday. I had read many, many reviews on the hotels in Cabo and originally really wanted to stay on the Medano Beach side, but was swayed by the negative timeshare reviews of other properties and the amazing reviews of Grand Solmar. And every good review was true! The hotel and staff was beyond our expectations and really went the extra mile to make my husband's birthday special. I did not request any special perks for his birthday, but put a note in the reservation that we would be there to celebrate. When we got up to our room, they had a bottle of wine, cookies and a small sign that said happy birthday. It was so nice! And then, the next morning when we awoke to look out our balcony, they had written happy birthday to him in the sand just below our room. It was really a special treat and shows the level of service they provide at this hotel.

Beyond that, the views, the property, the beach are all stunning! Staying on the Pacific Ocean side of Cabo versus the Medano Beach side actually worked out to be even better. Watching and listening to the waves crash against the beach from one of the four infiniti-edge pools could not be beat. There is plenty of seating and servers at each of the pools so we never had a problem finding a spot any time of day and it was so relaxing! We also walked down to the mountain the hotel is built into a couple times because it is just so unique to look at.

The location of the hotel is also perfect. It's just a short walk down the mountain to the marina where a majority of the restaurants and shops are located. It was still a little hot while we were there, so we took a cab a couple times which is a standard rate, I think it was $5. We also went to the Medano Beach bars a couple times for a little action and I believe it was a $10 cab ride.

For dining options, we had a great breakfast at the hotel every morning that was actually very reasonably priced. The hotel also has happy hour at the beach bar every evening that we took advantage of. Lunch on Medano Beach was nice if you want to be in a little more of the action for a couple hours and then head back to your peaceful hotel. We ate at Mango Deck both days, the food was good Mexican food and it's happy hour all day long, which you can't beat. One night we had nice dinner at Esquina down by Medano Beach, which was amazing! They have the cutest patio with overgrown vines and really delicious food. We also had dinner at the Baja Brewery at the Marina one night, they had a great singer on the patio and the food was pretty good, but its a casual place with bar food.

Not only were we down there for my husband's 30th birthday, but also to get our scuba diving certification. We went through Manta Scuba and did the two-day open water dives. I must say, this is a class act dive shop. I would highly recommend them! (I'll provide a full seperate review on their site)

In closing, I would highly recommend this property when staying in Cabo. It was by far one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed at and we will for sure be back to stay here again! Can't wait!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank KrysT1224
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Our endeavor is to ensure you have an incredible vacation with us. It was fun indulging your husband due to his birthday.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

My husband and I chose cabo for our honeymoon. His mother traded into Grand Solmar for us. Even though we were not owners we were treated like kings. Every day we were asked if there was anything they could do for us. My husband and the staff coordinated some surprises since it was our honeymoon. The service was the absolute highlight of our trip. Guillermo, Armando, Roberto, Sergio, Fredy - were so fun to be around and made is feel so welcome. Whether we needed restaurant suggestions, or shopping advice, or shuttles you could ask anyone and they went out of their way to help us. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank loucious1521
Jean_Louis_Magron, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2012

We appreciate all your wonderful comments.
It is very rewarding to all team members to know that we did surpassing your expectations.