Pros - the natural beauty of Lands End is breathtaking. A secluded beach with rock formations jetting above and sugar sand to walk on next to the crashing pacific waves makes you feel a million miles away from not only back-home city life, but even the fun-but-craziness 5 minutes away in downtown Cabo. You will appreciate it even more after spending 5 minutes on the spring-break-like Medano beach. We enjoyed the releasing of the baby turtles into the sea, saw sea lions in the sun, snorkeled with a good variety of tropical fish and even saw a few whales ahead of the traditional season. Sun rises to the left of the property and sets to the right .. spectacular sights to see. The people were wonderful as well. Warm, helpful, professional and well spoken. Cannot say enough about the service with a smile, as rarely do you find staff that are like friends by the end of your trip. Particular thank you's to Omar at the Brisas pool/bar and Reuben at the Concierge desk. Omar is the hardest working guy there, always with a smile and a quick story, and definitely the shortest delivery time. Reuben can help with any arrangements or suggestions you need, and is always a pleasant hello and conversation in the lobby. The hotel has the location and people to make it a top choice in the future.
A note on the historical timeshare comments: We were told upon check in about the when/hows and then one other time when organizing something with the front desk asked if we had been or would like to go. But it was not an issue at all and seems as though the complaints from months back have been heard and successfully addressed since then.
Cons - the resort will truly be special once completed, but there are potential issues lurking in the present state. First, we lost water 4 times in the two weeks we were there. Nothing worse than coming back from a long day at the pool, sticky with sunscreen to get ready for dinner only to find no water to shower and with no ETA. Happened twice. The other two times were later at night, but again not being able to brush your teeth before bed is not something that guests will tolerate if the hotel intends to be top class. The television connection is also problematic. The channels freeze quite often, and cut-out too. Not that you should be watching much tv in such a wonderful place, but if you do find yourself staying in one afternoon or evening, the constant problems can become very annoying. Also, I find it curious as to why the hotel would have 80% of it's rooms completed, but choose to build more rooms before completing the spa and gym. Again, not an issue once all is done, but for now, to be a flagship property that is self-competing with Palmilla, Capella and Hacienda BC, having to take a shuttle to use the gym or get a spa treatment (aside from the available massages in the outdoor huts which were lovely) is a very strange choice by the project managers.
Unique to building 6 - as many other write ups have indicated, building 6 is right next to the construction, try to avoid it all costs !! We were unable to at check-in or upon additional requests and it definitely was a downer. The construction doesn't start at 8AM and end at 6PM as stated. They started in the morning by 7AM, and worked until 8PM, and it's 6 days a week. Saturday is no different here! The good news is that the glass sliders are pretty good at muting, but not eliminating, construction noise. But with that view, and the symphony of ocean waves outside your balcony, who wants to have the doors closed ! If you are a timeshare owner, or lucky enough as a hotel guest to get one of the other buildings, the construction will basically be a non-issue for you.
I feel badly writing the negatives with the knowledge that the management is going to feel the need to respond. I cannot say enough how this is no fault of the employees or management, they were all truly wonderful !!!! It's just a fair review of what I would call a soft-opening and hotel guests should be expecting until the property is fully completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Solmar is the new standard of luxury in Cabo San Lucas. Thoughtfulness and thoroughness are the trademarks of this grand resort. Every detail was considered right down to the intricate designs in the walkways, the stone entries to the rooms and the construction of subterranean passages so the busy staff does not interrupt relaxing guests. The award-winning design combines the grace of old world architecture with carefully crafted modern style. And the location will leave you speechless. A natural cliff forms the backdrop and guides guests to a lobby complete with a spectacular view of the mighty Pacific Ocean. From here, you can see pelicans soaring over golden sands and sailboats scooting across blue waves. Just feet away is the very tip of the Baja Peninsula in all its sun-drenched glory. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Grand Solmar Land`s End Resort And Spa
- Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos