Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$275
  • Pool
Breathless Cabo San Lucas Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$302
Bookit.com
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$294
US$254
Bookit.com
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$148
  • Pool
Bahia Hotel & Beach House(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$159
  • Restaurant
Baja Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$58
Casa Bella Boutique Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$91
  • Pool
Bajas Cactus Hotel y Hostel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$22
  • Breakfast included
Blarney Castle Inn(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$173
Travelocity
3,581 results
All reviewsla rocadon luissports barmurphy bedlands endthe pacific oceanmaster suiteinfinity poolmeal plantime sharefitness centercrashing waveswelcome homebell staffrooms are beautifulspecial thankskids club
Reviewed 11 June 2015

I am a time share owner of this resort and this is my first time staying at Grand Solmar. The jackhammer starts at 8AM and doesn't stop until evening. We left for dinner at 5 and it was still going strong.

One building next to us is under construction and the jack hammering is constant. It's bad enough trying to sit outside to enjoy the ocean waves/sound but when we go inside all we hear is this constant very loud jack hammering. It's horrible. This is our 25th year wedding anniversary and we chose this place/location. When booking a room request as far away from the construction as possible. We can't get away from it.

The room is quite nice. The kitchen is fully stocked with plates, glasses, various utensils, etc. You can cook easily. Don't use their grocery supplier (PrickleyPear.com) unless you want convenience only because you will pay heavily. There is a walmart very close and most people go there.

Grand Solmar is definitely exclusive. They overcharge for your all inclusive food/drink rates ($110 per day with a 3 day minimum - PER PERSON). This is a non-cash resort (or at least they claim) and everything is charged to your room and charged at your departure. But, we used the spa and they would only take cash??

If you decide to use a service on the resort like spa, you need a certificate. The gals in the lobby can help you. We payed $65 for a 55 minute massage and received a certificate for $65. Yet, when we paid for the massage, they only took the certificate and credited us for $60. When I asked about it, the spa person, said it's always been like that and I don't know why. He also said, people ask about it all the time they all just sign off anyway. I didn't and asked where it was. Ended up talking to the lobby gals who sold me the certificate who gave me my money back and said it was a "" but I already knew it was common practice. So, watch for that.

Today is day 5 out of 7 for me. Cabo is beautiful and I've always loved Mexico but I believe next near, I'll trade in this location for somewhere different. Someplace quieter.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the construction
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
9  Thank kcgirl70
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Dear kcgirl70

It was our pleasure to meet your husband during the 6th day of your vacation. We hope you like the small detail our public áreas staff did for you celebrating your 25th anniversary (our heart goes with you) and the small detail from the f&b staff.

We already send you also an email explaining the procesures of the spa, as one of our spa concierge did not explain propertly about the coupons. We take the certificate with the amount of 60 dollars as request of our acconting department, but you are taking a service for 109 dollars. For example you are getting a massage for 55 minutes and if you like to do and upgrade, you can only pay the difference between the 55 min and the 85 minutes, so we know you pay 65 dollars for the coupon but is only for administrative matters.

We apologies regarding the noise of the recent construction as we are cmpleting our new lobby área. In the end is gonna be worth it.

We would be honor to welcome you back to our resort to pamper you as you deserve.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

We are owner's at Grand Solmar and live for our time there. Last year in October, Odile had other plans so we were not able to take our yearly honeymoon. So this was our make up trip, May 24-June 7. Expectations were high as was our excitement level to return home. May I begin this review by saying that since Odile, Grand Solmar has stepped up their already amazing game to a new level.
The place looks amazing. This resort will be perfection when the construction is finished. The pools are more beautiful than ever, and coming around nicely. The new buildings are beautiful. The grounds are outstanding. And thank you to all the folks who are laboring intensely for our home away from home. The construction continues but was not intrusive at all. It was interesting to watch, and I was able to thank some of the wonderful people.
The service was honestly at a new level. From the moment that I was welcomed home to the moment I cried in Sammy's arms because we had to leave, each and every employee treated me like a valued friend. Our room was immaculate and our belongings were handled carefully and respectfully. I loved our housekeeper and her gentle demeanor and hard work. The service at the pool could not have been better. It was like they were all mind readers. They anticipate your needs in a cheerful manner. I had a smile on my face for two weeks. People had written reviews about lack of pool space and lounge chairs. We never had one problem in finding a chair at any of the pools and that can only get better when the new pools are finished.
This was the first year we used any of the spa services. They were reasonably priced and absolute heaven. I have never experienced anything like it. I actually cried after one of my services because it was so beautiful. I am saving some money next trip to partake of the spa even more. The fitness center was amazing, although I must confess we take a break from hard exercise in Cabo.
Check in and check out was easy breezy. I remember the days of stressful times. So easy. I heard complaints and reviews earlier about wifi. It was perfect.
My only little tiny complaint was the room service menu. I hope they expand it soon. The food at the pool and restaurants was so good, but the room service menu was limited and although the service was excellent, the food was mediocre. Please make those choices as wonderful as everywhere else at Grand Solmar.
The good part of Odile is that because this was a make-up trip, we get to come back in 119 days for our regular weeks. Flights booked...countdown begins. Can't wait to come home to Grand Solmar.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear 917cabo

When you mention that you cry after one of your massages and also when our bellboy say hello and good bye, that brings tears to my eyes. It is the magic of what we are doing, and for us, that is why we love this job.

I can tell you that i will share your comments with the people From the obra, and with all the gardeners, housekeepers, public áreas sstaff, spa, waiters, front desk, gym clerks and all of the staff and áreas that made your trip more special, specially since you were supossed to be here last year.

Thank you again for bringing such joy today with your beautiful words. We will consider your comments about the in villa dining selections, we just add a new thing at night so that you can pre order your food fro breakfast.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

We were lucky (very lucky!) enough to have been invited by our friends to stay with them at Grand Solmar, where they own the 4 bedroom penthouse for 3 weeks of the year. We stayed with them for one of those weeks, and can officially say Grand Solmar has ruined us for other resorts. The penthouse is amazing! Liz made sure it was spotless every day, and I got very used to the turn down service (wondering why my bed isn't magically made ready each evening now that I am home!). I know I am going to forget someone, but Juan & Alexis at the pool, Guillermo, Valeria, Paulina, Roberto, Ignacio and Rubi all took amazing care of us at the restaurants and just throughout our entire stay. My friend has some fairly extensive food allergies, and they went above and beyond to accommodate her and make sure what she could eat was also delicious. The staff just does everything they can to ensure your vacation is wonderful. The views are amazing. The workout facility is top notch, better than high end hotels we've stayed at in Atlanta. Hurrican Odile had taken out 6 of the pools at the resort last October and they were working diligently to get them all back up and available. Hopefully we'll be invited back by our friends next year and we can enjoy the fruits of the labor on the new pools, they all looked like they would be amazing. The waves in the ocean are incredible and there is a severe rip tide so you can't go out in the ocean, but why would you want to when you can sit in the infinity pool and get the ocean breeze with fruity beverage in hand, without getting sand in every nook and cranny and worry about being swept out to sea? We also went over to Playa Grande for the Beach Party dinner, and that was a lot of fun! The concierge Ana was beyond super helpful, and if you stop in the lobby bar, Yunida will take care of you. One of the few vacations in which my husband and I were not ready to go home by the end of the week. We wish we could have stayed longer.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank LBDawg
Rodrigo G, General Manager at Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2015

Dear LBDawg

We are so pleased that you were not ready to go home! Lol. We deeply thank you for your kindness and your great comments about your recent experience. We feel honored that you were here with us enjoying paradise in your friends 4 bedroom unit, one of the 3 that we have at the resort.

On behalf of Yuniva, PAulina, Ana, Juan, Guillermo, Ignacio, Alexis, Liz Lenis, VAleria, Roberto and RUbi we want to express to you that we would be honor to welcome you again to our resort, and that we are sure that you will enjoy all our pool facilities once they are complete (3 pools to go, one almost complete this week).

Thank you again!

Reviewed 10 June 2015 via mobile

Just returned from Cabo and had to write a review about Grand Solmar....it was fantastic! This is our first visit to the property and we stayed in a 1 bedroom on the 3rd floor. The property is beautiful - from the rooms with large balconies and ocean views to the infinity pools to the new fitness center - it was top notch. While our room had a full kitchen, we did not use it and instead enjoyed the property benefits. We did the all-inclusive and it was worth every cent as we never had to worry about what to do for meals and enjoyed delicious food and drinks at all the restaurants and pool areas. Where else can you get tuna sashimi sitting next to the pool...amazing! The ceviche and champagne lunches and the six course tasting menu dinners were just a few of the highlights of our trip. The staff works countless hours to make sure your stay is 5 star...Yuniva (with Cristel and Juan) made the lobby bar a go to place for pre- dinner drinks, Carlos at Don Luis remembered our drink preferences and recommended lunch and dinner selections, while Francisco, Raul, Carlos, Mariela and many others made our time at the pool relaxing. We could not wait to pull up a lounge chair and just hang out... No need to go into town when you have all this at Grand Solmar. During our stay, many people complained about the pools and construction. While we too would have loved to enjoy the new reconstructed pool during our stay, we also know that this cannot just happen overnight and we appreciate the time and effort it takes to do it right! We never had an issue with the construction noise as most is winding down and really did not detract from the amazing ocean view from the infinity pool. The only minor issues were: 1) massages in the spa cabanas - good massages but you are left out in the open to get dressed afterwards, so any one on the beach could see you...seems like more private space could be utilized, and 2)coffee cart and ice cream are not in the all inclusive which seems silly since these are likely the cheapest items to get.

We recommend this property to those who want great service, food and relaxation close to downtown Cabo! We look forward to visiting again in the future!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KandDH

Dear KandDH

We deeply thank you fro your beautiful and good comemnts about your first time stay with us. Is is always great to now that our guest had a fantastic time and that you enjoyed the all inclusive meal plan package. It is important to mention that the coffee place that is close to the mountain corner going to the lobby is not included in this package, as this área is not part of the hotel operation, but an external supplier that we love to have here to provide more options to our guest, The same with the deli area. We are glad that you like our package inn general and that you use it in our pools and restaurants.

We will have a more private área for the spa cabanas in the next weeks and we will also open our new spoa cabanas at lands end that have their own locker and private shower área. It is a vip área that will have different experiences to enjoy. We will share your comments

On behalf of Cristal, Juanito, Yuniva, Carlos, Francisco, Raul and Carlos we would like to thank you for your sharing your experience.

Thank you again!

Reviewed 9 June 2015

The Grand Solmar Land’s End resort is an amazing destination. The resort is situated right next to tall granite mountain cliffs where the Sea of Cortez and the Pacific Ocean come together, which makes for a very exclusive, scenic, and quiet location where the resort staff take great delight in taking care of their guest.

With this location, the resort is ideally situated within a short walking distance to the Cabo San Lucas boat marina and downtown Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, yet far enough away and quiet enough to get a good night’s sleep.

Although this resort is amazing in its location and architecture, what sends it over the top is the resort staff as they take great pride and delight in making your day as wonderful as it can be.

Our two week stay at the resort was filled with many contacts with resort staff members who were very helpful, cheerful, and attentive making us feel very special without being intrusive. There are a few staff members who stand out more than others though, only do to our daily contact with them and we hope that management will recognize them for their dedication to making our stay as wonderful and delightful as possible.

Manny, Bell Manager, who always remembers my wife and I from previous vacation trips and makes us feel very special and cared for.

Ramon, Front Desk Manager, who checked us into our room when we arrived and made sure that my wife and I were comfortable in our assigned guest room.

Leonardo, Sergio, Moises, and other bell staff members, who were always there to help my wife and I with cheerful smiles.

Lucia, our housekeeper, one of the hardest workers at the resort who always had a smile on her face and cleaned our room in a timely and perfect fashion.

Guillermo, Pool Service Manager, who always remembers my wife and I from previous vacation trips and makes us feel very special and cared for. Way to go, Guillermo!

Issaac – Food & Beverage Manager, who made our dining experience to Don Luis and La Roca Restaurants extra special. Thank you for the wonderful dessert!

Thank you Grand Solmar Resort at Land’s End for making our vacation this year one that my wife and I will remember and cherish for years to come.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Swabado

Dear Swabado

It is always special to receive good comments about someone experience. In this case we are privilege to know that your time with us was fantastic. But it is more special to know that many of our staff member surpass your expectations in many ways.

Our ambassadors of service are delighted and honor with your comments, and yesterday in our weekly meeting, we thank them personally for their great job (Isaac, Leo, Sergio, Moi, Guillermo, Roman, MAnny).

Thank you for remember their names and for mention that they did an extraordinary job.

We would be honor to welcome you back to our resort.