Bahia Hotel & Beach House(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$146
  • Restaurant
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$195
US$156
  • Pool
Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$48
US$46
  • Pool
Baja Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$60
Bajas Cactus Hotel y Hostel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$40
US$29
  • Free Breakfast
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$56
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Golf & Spa Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$804
US$502
  • Free Breakfast
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$451
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$325
US$292
Priceline
1,494 results
All reviewsdel marpersonal conciergejuan josespa casitalounge barfitness classesprivate residenceprivate hot tubinfinity edgeguacamolebeautiful propertypool stafftequila tastingspa treatmentsturn down serviceour honeymoonoverlooking the ocean
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Personal concierge meets you at the drive and handles EVERYTHING! Absolutely beautiful location, facilities and exemplary service. Overly spacious rooms with massive balconies featuring lounging cushions and a hammock. Nightly candle light and a native trinket on the bed with turndown service.The Auberge Signature Margarita is a MUST DO!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank 730joez
Marc R, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear 730joez,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review on Trip Advisor. We enjoyed hearing more about your Esperanza stay and were thrilled that you had such an amazing time.

We look forward to seeing you soon. We'll be sure to have an Auberge signature margarita waiting for you! Wishing you a fabulous holiday season.

Reviewed 28 November 2017

Esperanza is a beautiful hotel. The grounds are perfectly maintained and the rooms are well appointed. In my recent stay over the Thanksgiving holiday, I noted some pros and cons regarding the property and my personal experience.

Pros:
1. Check in is seamless
2. The grounds are beautiful
3. The rooms are clean and well appointed
4. The property is quiet
5. My room was private

Cons:
1. The food across the entire property is mediocre at best
2. Food, drink, and activities are wildly expensive (i.e., margaritas are $20)
3. Housekeeping isn’t very attentive (i.e., I asked for ice, extra water and fruit several times and never received any of it)
4. The staff at the pool are often tricky to track down and appear annoyed by small asks (i.e., opening or adjusting an umbrella)
5. Snacks and alcohol are available for purchase in the room; but a bottle of tequila will run you $100
6. The ocean is literally un-swimmable and the beach is so rocky it’s impossible to walk

Aesthetically, the property is luxurious, but the true mark of luxury is not in the furnishings or thread count of the sheets, but in the service and attention to detail. From the small things, like the food staff having no understanding of the wine list (I ordered a Zinfandel and received a glass of rose), to the bigger, more sweeping feeling that I was inconveniencing the staff at the pool if I asked for a menu or help with my umbrella, I was less than impressed during my stay. I have a sneaking suspicion that because I was traveling by myself and wasn’t spending a fortune on “extras,” I simply wasn’t worth their time.

I learned an invaluable lesson on this trip. Staying at a gorgeous hotel in the corridor is a very expensive proposition. Even if you can afford the room at Esperanza you may not be able to afford (or care to afford) a week of inflated pricing on “okay” food and drink. Unless you are very wealthy, you are not going to be comfortable spending $40 on scrambled eggs and dry toast for breakfast. And, a cab into town is $50 round trip which makes the casual jaunt into Cabo for an authentic meal, round of drinks, or activity fairly cost prohibitive.

Last year I stayed in Todos Santos and I ate at wonderful, authentic restaurants, shopped locally, mingled with residents of the area and felt incredibly welcomed. I’m sad to say this was a far cry from that warm, approachable, real experience. But, it’s my fault for not thinking it through.

Room Tip: I was staying in a ground floor room and I was certain it smelled a bit like a latrine most of the time.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
5  Thank SmartSFTraveler
Marc R, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear SmartSFTraveler,

Thank you for sharing feedback from your recent Thanksgiving getaway to Esperanza. It was a pleasure to have you with us and to hear more about your visit. I'm delighted that you found the property to be very beautiful and the property was quiet and peaceful throughout your time with us.
I was sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and that not everything was how it should have been. I appreciate your taking time to speak with both myself and Michael, our Director of Rooms to allow us to discuss personally your thoughts and feedback.
Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having the opportunity to wow you again on a future visit to paradise!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Esperanza is a breath-taking hotel surrounded by unbelievable view. But, on top of the obvious paradise appeal, it is a haven for relaxation, great food, and absolutely top notch service. The staff is dedicated to go above and beyond to help you in any way and serve your every need. Karim, of the personal concierge team is amazing! The Spa and fitness center is world class and life a dream! The fitness classes are well rounded and the instructors are amazing with such great energy! A great way to round out a vacation of relaxation with an amazing sweat and spa treatment, truly out of a dream! Jose Ramon and Victor from the Spa/fitness center are running an amazing facility and are always around to help in any way.
This was our second year here and we will definitely return, we love everyone here and from the bottom of our hearts thank you all for making our special getaway a little slice of heaven!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank vanessastocki1019

Dear vanessastocki1019,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you had such a special visit to Paradise! It sounds like your visit to Esperanza from start to finish was perfect and that Karim, Jose Ramon, Victor and our team helped ensure to exceed your expectations. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Wishing you a fabulous holiday season!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

Cabo is home to a lot of great resorts, including the unofficial top 4 (Esperanza, One&Only, Ventanas & Pedregal), and after a great experience at the One & Only in 2015, we have choosen the Esperanza for our 2nd time in Cabo and did not regret it. Here is my review:

We did select the Esperanza because it is close to San Lucas, known to be a quiet place with personal and attentive staff, and most importantly for us with an Adult only pool & area.

Arrival & check-in:

After the booking you already get a pre-arrival document about your likings, how they should stock your fridge, size of bathrobes etc., great first impression! We got picked up at the Cabo Airport with a private Limo that featured cold towels and ice cold Coronitas, perfect. When we arrived we were greeted by the management staff and our personal butler (Paula, she was top during our stay), and a choice of Margarithas. Then we were guided to our casita:

The room:

We had Casita No 53., top floor, incredible views that also has a private hot tub on your balcony. Everything in the room is in excellent condition and very clean. I would like to highlight the bed that is super comfortable, and our room was always cleaned up including turndown service, reliable as you would expect and appreciate.

The resort:

Is indeed very quiet thanks to the Adult Pool and Beach, Pool guys do a fantastic job and are always there for your needs, Juan Jose and team felt like our friends after a few days. You cannot swim in the sea but the 2 pools make it up, also here the views are breathtaking. When you walk around the place you will find plenty of statues in the lush park, and you will notice how well everything is maintained.

The restaurants:

Breakfast is served in the main restaurant "cocina del mar" and offers fresh food a la cart and an buffet Friday till Sunday. Service is very friendly and helpful, the only issue is when the resort hosts large groups (I will get to this later...), there have been waits for 5-20 minutes to get a table in the shade. This happend 4 times during our stay and is not a drama, but would be easy to avoid. Management needs to take care of this, just a matter of planning, provide extra staff and umbrellas for peak times. We enjoyed coming here and again the views are just great, Punta Ballena is a paradise. The Mexican restaurant "La Palapa" is awesome, special thanks to our waiter Edwin that served us about 5 times during our stay. Nice Mexican festival on Thursdays, they put some much attention to detail! Or the pasta festival on Saturdays, or the Burger festival on Mondays. All the staff are so nice, family style meets top service and fresh food, love it.

The Spa:

The Spa at the Esperanza is superb! Reception, changing rooms, lounges and treatment rooms, and most importantly the staff and therapists are top notch. A stay at the Esperanza without being at least once at the Spa is incomplete! We did go for the Cabo Thai massage, manicure & pedicure, couples massage, and a tropical massage. I am a true Spa Aficionada and only can give them the highest score - the best of the best.

The issues

one morning at 6:30 a.m. I woke up because of construction noise, reported this and it happend again the next stay, I was about to flip out! They explained that this is an external company, but frankly I don't care. Management needs to be in control of this. Yes, they invited us for a free Spa visit (thanks again) but I prefer not be disturbed. Same counts for the small groups that are unfortunately also present at the Esperanza, this is an issue as some group members don't fit the quiet and luxurious ambiance.

The Verdict:

The Esperanza is an incredible place that offers plenty of reasons to go there. The best about is their staff, they do such a great job and put every effort to make your stay memorable. Esperanza is true luxury.

Epilogue:

My girlfriend Mia and myself travel together for 17 years, and it is always me who has a hard time once vacation is over. However, on our last evening after dinner she looked at me sadly and said "I don't want to leave" - she had tears in her eyes.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Felix_HighRoller

Dear Felix_HighRoller,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review for your second visit to Cabo! It was a pleasure to have you and your girlfriend, Mia at Esperanza with us for such a special getaway. We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your suggestions on how we can improve as well.

We look forward to wowing you again in the not too distant future at your Baja coastal home!
Wishing you both a fabulous holiday season.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

Esperanza was incredible - from the top-notch service to the picturesque views - one of the best resorts I have visited!

We got married at the original Auberge in Napa and are very familiar with their level of service, something we have yet to see elsewhere. Esperanza definitely delivered. We had a personal concierge, Gilberto, who was absolutely amazing. He was always available to help us out and went out of his way to ensure we had a fabulous trip.

The concierge team helped arrange events prior to arrival and upon check-in, Gilberto handed us an envelope with all our scheduled activities. We did a private tequila tasting during sunset - highly recommend! And we also visited the spa, which was incredible. Give yourself extra time before and after your treatment to enjoy all they have to offer. I even convinced my husband to take a yoga class with me and he actually enjoyed it! They have great recommendations for offsite activities and help arrange transportation. Gilberto even called transportation for a fishing excursion I had arranged separate because “he knows the guy.” I felt like I could completely relax and not worry about a thing!

All the pools are amazing but the adult-only pool was probably my favorite. Lots of different seating options. Great drinks and fish tacos. For food, we really loved Las Estrellas - Javier was the best server, so attentive and friendly. We went one night for takeout pizza and he offered to bring it to our room since it was nearby. They grow their own delicious herbs and have some great dishes. We also really liked La Palapa and wished we ate their a second time. I would skip Cocina Del Mar for dinner, it was only ok.

There are so many things to love about the Esperanza - from their high level of service, to delicious food and beverages, to pristine pools - I would highly recommend to anyone visiting Cabo and I know I will be back in the future!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AndiWalker
Marc R, General Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear AndiWalker,
Thank you for taking time to share your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor. We're delighted you returned to another Auberge Resort for your vacation getaway! Gilberto and our entire team enjoyed having you here.
We appreciate your feedback which help us to improve our product and constantly grow.
Thanks for sharing how much you loved your private tequila tasting as well as our yoga class and Residence Club restaurants. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the not too distant future.

Wishing you a fabulous holiday season!