8,467 results
All reviews japanese restaurant specialty restaurants quiet side activity pool ocean view quiet pool lunch buffet make reservations water taxi all inclusive resort lovers beach lobby bar pushed together stand in line all inclusives reservation system main buffet
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 December 2020

We were in an ocean view Jr Suite, Positives 1st...The property is gorgeous! You can't beat the sunrises. The staff is cleaning all hours of the day. Most are very friendly, always ready to greet you with a friendly "Buenos Dias". The room was very nice & spacious. The shower.... a rain shower 9 inches wide (a wonderful way to start your day). The entertainment in the evening was awesome. We looked forward to it each day. The bartenders and waitstaff are fun and tolerant. The décor is stunning! Now for the unfortunate downside.... Due to the Mexico Government regulations there is no "consumption" allowed before 6:00am and after 12:00am. For early risers, this means no coffee before 6:00am. That was a major inconvenience for us. We payed the extra money and booked the ocean view with one thing in mind, "Won't it be nice to drink our coffee in the morning and watch the sun rise!". Surprise, there are no coffee makers in the rooms. And, the "24/7 " cafeteria isn't open until 6:00am. Then, when it does open, there's what seems to be a 1/2 mile trek to the cafeteria to get the coffee. (This property is HUGE!) Next, the "stocked" mini bar isn't stocked. There are a few sodas and waters and a couple of beers. There is no liquor stocked in the "fully stocked" liquor dispensers". So, if you're looking to have a nightcap, you better have it before midnight when the "24/7" cafeteria closes, or bring your own. The food in the buffet is awful! The only thing we could find edible was the fruit. If you're going for the food, save your money. And room service is not operating either. The staff does not speak very good English. The RIU's biggest advertised attraction is the RUI Pool Parties....yep, they're closed down too, due to COVID-19. And, I never saw the water park at the Santa Fe operating. That's not to say it wasn't...I just never saw it open in the 6 days we were visiting. To sum it up, All of these things could have been tolerated, had they let us know ahead of time....We would have understood (and probably bought a coffee maker the first day, somehow.) All in all, this property is beautiful, the staff is friendly, but I wouldn't recommend going during the pandemic. I don't think the corporation is handling it well.

Room tip: Sunrises are stunning from the Ocean View Jr. Suites
Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Cathee_with_two_ees
Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

WOW what a fantastic vacation. The property was fantastic. Clean with a emphasis on covid proticalls. "The guys in orange jackets." Food was great. Service was above board. The property manager came to where we were lounging and wanted to know how our visit was going. The only downside was no heat in rooms. We are planning our return trip.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Cooker143
Reviewed 5 December 2020 via mobile

We stayed in one of the ocean-view suites and it was well-worth the extra $. The room was spacious and comfortable. The resort had gone to great lengths to make guests feel safe and comfortable. Masks must be worn in the restaurants and around the property, they scan your temperature, sanitize your shoes, and provide hand sanitizer everywhere. More people appeared to be complying with the rules there than here in my home state.

There were pool activities if you’re into that - it looked fun but we were there for some R&R so we stayed by the quiet pool. I can’t say enough about the staff. They were friendly and attentive and made an effort to get to know the guests. Everyone, from the servers to the housekeepers and bartenders, was wonderful.

The beach is beautiful and the scenery is stunning! If you’re an early riser, you will be treated to breath-taking sunrises, which we were lucky enough to enjoy from our balcony. Yes, there are some vendors on the beach. They didn’t bother us as we didn’t plan any jaunts into town so they provided us with a chance to pick up some souvenirs. They didn’t hound us; if we said no thanks they moved along. Reviewers complaining about these vendors have clearly never been to Central America or India! There appeared to be plenty of activities and excursions available if you are looking for some adventure.

I would give this resort a 4.5 if I could. The food was not the star of our experience, but we learned we could always find something we enjoyed at the buffet. We were there for Thanksgiving and the buffet had some turkey and cranberry sauce, and I thought that was so nice! Overall, we really enjoyed our stay here!

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 December 2020

RIU chain is usually my first choice when I go on vacation. Cabo San Lucas was this best choice this vacation. Traveling during the pandemic, they had all the protocols in place. RIU even provided insurance while staying with them. The hotel grounds, staff, pools, and food was above my expectations. My room had a spectacular view of the pools and ocean. I used the RIU app to navigate to the restaurants and happenings around the property. I had access to Santa Fe and Baja. I didn't make it to Baja. The only bad thing I have to say is Sante Fe show they had a Jerk Chicken grill. I got over there and there was NO Jerk and NO Chicken. Sitting out by the pool and beach was so relaxing and peaceful. Cabo San Lucas has been added to my list of places to visit again.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with riu.com
2  Thank cj100grand
Reviewed 4 December 2020

Hotel was fantastic. Beautiful hotel, nice views, great pools, good location. The staff were wonderful, friendly, and helpful. The food was fantastic in all of the restaurants. The rooms were a little noisy because there is an echo because of the flooring throughout the hotel, but it never was an issue to sleep. The activities were great for my son. The whole staff did an outstanding job cleaning, sanitizing, and taking precautions during covid-19 time.

1  Thank debbie7alli