My husband and I (and another couple) stayed at the Riu Sante Fe for 7 nights.
Hotel is beautiful. The layout feels like a small village vs a hotel. The lobby and main stage are open to the courtyard so it feels very spacious. There are six large pools so it didn't feel crowded and we always found recliners (even in the afternoon after the 7am'ers claim chairs with towels). The food was good, however becomes repetitive after the fourth day. The staff was excellent.
The Bad (or OK):
The beds are hard and the pillows very flat. This was probably the worst thing about the resort. I had no desire to lounge in bed because it was so uncomfortable. We went to a timeshare presentation at the Westin and I wanted to jump in their "Heavenly Bed". Riu - its time to upgrade! Drinks were the second worse. I LOVE pina coladas at the beach, however these were no good. Its cheap liquor and cheap mixers.
The college spring breakers. I've been in college so I'm all about having fun, however they were very inconsiderate. Screaming all night, vomiting everywhere (staff did a good job cleaning behind them), passing out. My advice - don't go during spring break.
If I return to Cabo, I would stay at the Riu however I enjoy Mexico's east coast more because its warmer and you can swim in the ocean. Overall, it was a great visit and I would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 24h All Inclusive Hotel Riu Santa Fe opens all year round and is situated in the south of the Baja California Peninsula and borders the lovely, sandy El Médano beach. The RIU Classic Hotels offer comfortable rooms and excellent facilities with great leisure and relaxation facilities, as well as international gastronomy. Enjoy a relaxing holiday - whether alone, with family, partner or friends! The location is ideal due to its proximity to Los Cabos Airport SJD (40 km) and Cabo San Lucas (4.5 km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 902 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. Relax in the spa area or get in shape in the gym. 4 outdoor pools, 1 children's pool. RiuLand Kids Club (ages 4-7 & 8-12 years) and for adults, day and evening entertainment, as well as our Pacha Discotheque. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main restaurant, Italian, Mexican, Asian specialty restaurants, Steakhouse, and 7 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Santa Fe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas
- Riu Santa Fe Los Cabos
- Riu Sante Fe
- Hotel Riu Santa Fe Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos