All reviewscocina de autorpersonal conciergeteen clubkoi barambassador suitelos cabosmichelin star chefambassador poolmaster sommelierdining reservationsmichelin startmiramar bardivision managerprovided top notch servicesans kidsdining venuegorgeous sunrise
Reviewed 25 February 2017

We had a remarkable family vacation to Grand Velas! The rooms and service were spectacular - the best I've ever had at an all inclusive. There were many standouts but Samuel, Diego and Jesus at the pool, the activities guys and the Azul breakfast staff were amazing! The food was really good, although if I were to give any feedback it would that some of the restaurants could use a little work on the menus. I think they are trying to be too fancy and unique - keeping it simpler would be better. Also, for the drinkers, the booze options are premium and no additional charge - Don Julio of all types, Grey Goose, Tito's,etc. The Kids Club was fantastic for our 7 & 4 year olds- they begged to go, especially when Abril was working. Not to mention, there are no pictures on the website yet but there is an amazing kids' pool, water fall area and beautiful shaded playground. And the spa was amazing - the facilities are gorgeous and my massage was top notch. Overall, 5 stars!

Room Tip: The Ambassador Suites are HUGE! We got connecting rooms but could have easily fit our family of four in 1 room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Misty M
Director1GVLC, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Thank you very much, Misty, for sharing your thoughts on your recent "5-star" family vacation with us. As a team, we are truly pleased that you and your children found us to be an excellent setting for a high-end, all-inclusive experience.

I appreciate your candid comments on the dishes that my chefs create and present at your table. The culinary talent that is responsible for our success is constantly revising their menus, and I am sure that they are taking your observations into consideration at this very moment.

Thank you for selecting Grand Velas this year. All of my staff will be additionally motivated in hearing that they went above and beyond your holiday expectations. Until next time, I wish you and your lovely family all the best this year. Take care.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

This hotel is absolutely beautiful. Our room overlooked the pools and ocean. We woke up to an amazing sunrise every morning. Decor in the rooms and throughout the resort was stunning. The food was great. Even room service did not disappoint. Always at our door within 30 minutes. The restaurants were outstanding. Some of the best food we've ever eaten. (We joked that it was going to be funny telling our friends that the best French food we've ever had was in Mexico.) The ceviche restaurant by the pool was also the best! The resort grounds were impeccably kept. The spa was great (although a little pricey). But my sig other and I agree that what really sets this resort apart from others is the service. We have never had such great personalized service from anywhere else. Juan (the pool manager) always made sure we had the right drink and were taken care of... All of the pool staff were always very attentive. They anticipated our needs before we even had the chance to ask. The same is true for our personal concierge, Carlos. He made sure all of our dinner reservations were handled every night and all of our needs were met. Pedro (the sommelier) made sure our wine selection paired perfectly with our dinner. Not one staff member in the entire resort ever walked by without smiling and greeting us. All of the staff, from the restaurants to the groundskeepers were very friendly. Excellent overall experience.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jennyd5932017

Jenny, on behalf of all my staff I thank you very much for your wonderful comments and expressions, and especially for your decision to reserve with us. As a young hotel, we have carefully planned every aspect of the vacation experience. And of course, by reaching out to affluent clientele such as yourselves, our planning involved offering only the best in product and service.

It is our hope Jenny that your travels bring you back to this paradise in Los Cabos, allowing us the continued pleasure of providing for all your luxury needs and expectations. Thank you again, and our warmest regards go out to you both in beautiful Roseville, California. We remain at your service.

Reviewed 24 February 2017 via mobile

Setting the bar high in Cabo

Well the new kid in town is here and it's setting the bar very high for luxury travel in Cabo, the surprisingly short wait time is over and the Grand Velas Los Cabos is now open. After a record breaking construction time of 10 months you won't belive your eyes when looking at what has been achieved in such a short time. More than 300 suites, 3 pools, 6 restaurants, 3 bars, coffee shop, the most incredible spa you have ever seen, teen club, kids club and a world class convention area for events and groups makes this a world class resort that I'm sure everyone will enjoy. I had the chance to stay here for a couple of nights this month and was not only amazed by the hotel itself but also at the outstanding service, the incredible food offers throughout and maybe the best room I have ever stay in my life. The suite has a modern design and decoration. It's got a 65 inch HD TV with every available channel for your entertainment, a great terrace with a table and lying sofa, perfect to expend some time enjoying the amazing views. It's got a great size and modern bathroom and a complete mini bar full amenities for your enjoyment like bottles of wine, tequila or nexpresso. I loved the comfort of the "camastros" in the adult pool where we were pampered with drinks and food all day with a concierge service all the time. In our second day we attended the spa and I decided I could live there forever, you can enjoy an amazing "wet zone": a stunning pool with things like jets, bubbles, jacuzzi, and many other things only found in this spa. Also, for the first time the Grand Velas has made this area mixed so you can enjoy all this with your spouse, friends or family. After a while enjoying this we separetly went off to the area where the "water ceremony" continues with a sauna, steamroom, iceroom and other awsome stuff you can only can experience at this level at the Grand Velas hotels. The cabins are big and they have accomplished a sense experience like only a few in the world of spa's have.
The Grand Velas Cabo has 6 amazing, and I mean amazing restaurants: Lucca, Cocina de autor, Velas 10, The Cebicheria, Frida and the French. I only got to try dinner at the Velas 10 and it was truly a culinary experience.
All in all I have to say I'm not usually impressed beyond the usual, but this time I was proud of this Mexican brand, they have set the bar very high on luxury travel. So if you like perfection and you like all inclusive luxury service I have no doubt you'll be very happy coming here. I hope I made made you want to book a few nights at this hotel, I promise, you'll thank me!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank arturocervs

Sr. Arturo, I don´t believe that I could have described any better than you have all that Grand Velas is and represents. Your personal insights into the resort will serve others to envision their own luxury experience, and I hope that your recommendation entices others in the future to live and feel what we have brought to Los Cabos.

As you so kindly describe, our spa was designed with your absolute comfort in mind. We have made remarkable innovations to our hydrotherapy circuit, one of which being the incorporation of a sensory pool shared by both women and men. My spa valets are always on hand to ensure that each and every step of the water journey is enjoyed to its fullest, leaving you and all our valued guests with an inspired feeling of completeness.

Thank you for allowing us to demonstrate to you our refined brand of vacationing. Our goal is to be the vanguard of luxury, all-inclusive travel, and your wonderful expressions are exactly what we strive to achieve. Until next time, my staff and I wish you all the best in dynamic Mexico City. Hasta Pronto!

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

The most wonderful tropical hotel! We had the best time! The service is impeccable and the water was pure turquoise! We loved our waiters at Azul, Christino, Fredy Secundino, Javier Ortega and Julia Hirales! At Frida, we loved Samuel Castillo and Hector Ojeda! At Lucca, we loved our sommelier (Pedro Poncelis) and our waiter (Carlos Garcia)! Not just the staff at the restaurants but, the food was in believable! Also, the spa is a must!! You must come!!!!!!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Loved Grand Velas!!!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank RWorth99

Thank so much for your glowing comments and firm recommendation of Grand Velas. Your wonderful expressions are exactly what we wish to generate in you and all of our valuable guests. And you can be assured that the dedicated young women and men that you kindly highlighted will be extra motivated when I show them your review. Thus, they can see the excellent results of their friendly, professional service.

Thank you for selecting Grand Velas as the setting for your family vacation. We couldn´t be happier to know that we are now considered by you as the "best tropical hotel." Take care and all the best for a beautiful summer up in Lake Forest, Illinois.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and I got the pleasure of staying here as part of an incentive trip from the company I work for. The service is top notch. We had some issues with our first room and it was handled very quickly. I would give it a 5 but I am still sick from something I ate there the last day of our trip as well as the beach is not swim able (but you have 3 awesome pools so not that big of a deal I just like a nice beach). As well Perhaps my stomach does not agree with the west coast and Baja Mexico but something to consider when spending big dollars for exclusive resorts. Our Favorite restaurants were the French and Italian. Only place we did not eat at was the Mexican. Restaurant staff is well trained on proper service.

The people that work here are very special and deserve credit for making our stay excellent.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
6  Thank Joseph H
Director1GVLC, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Firstly, I wish to congratulate you and your wife for being selected to reside at Grand Velas as part of your incentive travel. It is very pleasing for us to know that you found our service to be "top notch" and that you feel that my employees deserve much of the credit for making your stay an excellent one.

Regarding my staff, they certainly are highly trained in all facets of the hospitality and vacation industry. And that includes the care of our guests whenever something unexpected arises such as stomach and digestion issues. We have personnel on hand that are certified paramedics, as well as physicians on call 24-hours, as we feel that your well-being is a priority over all else.

As a new resort with state of the art kitchen and storage facilities, we have, of course, high international standards in place for the handling and preparation of all food items. However, because you are my priority, I will ensure that my chefs go over every step of their processes to ensure that what is prepared for the guest is as fresh and healthy as can be.

Joseph, thank you for taking the time to share your expressions and experiences. I wish you a speedy recovery and great success in your future business endeavors. Take care.