Grand Velas Los Cabos
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$418
US$409
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Casa Natalia(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$113
  • Pool
Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$248
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$670
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$719
US$604
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$88
Hotels.com
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$455
Orbitz.com
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$620
US$558
US$290
US$226
  • Beachfront
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$455
US$293
HotelsClick
All reviewscocina de autorpersonal conciergeteen clubkoi barlos cabosazul restaurantmichelin star chefambassador poolambassador suitedining reservationssuite servicegrand class suitedivision managerprovided top notch servicesteak and seafood restaurantdining venueriviera nayarit
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful resort! I've never met a friendlier staff, and the food alone would give this place five stars. Our room was incredible with a gorgeous deck and view. Beach was really pretty, but rocky and too dangerous to swim. The water was way too cold for this southern girl anyway at 63*. We were with a business group, so two of our evenings were catered and one off-site, so we were only able to visit one of the restaurants. We chose the one with the tasting menu (sorry I can't remember the name!) and it was quite an experience! I don't remember any of the food descriptions except for the seaweed bubble, but it was all really good. Spent most days by the pool with Omar bringing us drinks. He's awesome along with every other staff member we encountered. Lovely trip!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you, Cindi, for taking the time to share your delight with the world on your recent incentive trip to Grand Velas.

Allow me also to congratulate you on being selected to travel with your company as a reward for your achievements and accomplishments. We were truly delighted to host your excellent group of professionals and to know that we exceeded your expectations is music to our ears. And you can be assured that our renowned, Two Michelin Star Chef, Sydney Schutte will be highly delighted to know that his "Cocina de Autor," 10-course tasting menu was an incredible success.

Cindi, from our team to yours, we wish you the best of success in all your professional endeavors for the upcoming year, with hopes of hosting you again on your next corporate trip. Thank you!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

This place is absolutely incredible! Not only for it’s beautiful views, design, architecture and service but the attention to detail is in he highest of classes. As a couple looking to have a romantic weekend getaway, this hotel more than delivered. The spa service (the wares) was an unparalleled experience, the restaurant food was incredible and the service deserving of utmost praise. Of note, Antonio he chef at the italian restaurant Luca, went out of his way to create off menu dishes for my fiancé who is vegan. He made delicious pasta primavera with vegetable “meatballs” and came out himself to greet us and ensure everything was alright. Also, Carlos, one of the butlers/hotel greeters went above and beyond to go break our pesos into many small bills so that we had change for the whole trip and came back to the room. Our butler Christina made sure every detail was in order for us as well. Thank you for a great experience.

Besides the people listed above,
Best parts:
- Spa baths/waters
- Cocina de Autor (Michelin 2 star)
- Luca
- Live music by the pool (right volume)
- Adult only serenity infinity pools and one above for families
- Architecture and design
- Rooms with views and individual outdoor pools on balcony
- The fitness center overlooking the water and fitness classes/yoga

Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much, Ms. Bolduc, for entrusting Grand Velas to deliver the upscale setting and experience that you and your fiance deserve.

As director, I sense a warm pride for all my staff whenever I talk to guests in person, or when reading their online reviews and surveys. I feel that we have definitely turned a corner towards reaching the highest pinnacle of perfection, and your lovely thoughts and expressions are the exact impressions that we wish to inspire in all of our valued guests.

On behalf of the management and staff of Grand Velas, I wish you and your fiance a long and loving future with the hope of hosting you both, once again, here in your new "favorite luxury resort." Thank you.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We've been to the majority of the AI's in Cabo, and the Grand Velas is the absolute best! You MUST GO HERE! Here is a summary of our visit:

Check In. The smoothest check in and check out process we've ever seen. It starts when you leave your transportation vehicle, and are given cool towels. You are then taken to a beautiful area overlooking the pools and the ocean, and handed some cool refreshing drinks. Someone immediately comes over, gathers your passport and credit card, and leaves you to relax while they do the work. They then return, you sign, and your concierge takes you to your room. Checkout was done at the desk, but took only seconds.

Room: We normally reserve the high end rooms at other resorts. Due to the high price of the hotel, we ended up with the lowest priced room - the Ambassador suite. However, the room itself was amazing - it was over 1100SF and had a huge balcony overlooking the ocean and the pools. The balcony held two chairs, two tables and a double daybed lounger. And there was still plenty of room! The room was excellent, great mini bar with lots of food, a full bottle of tequila, white and red wine, beers, sodas, juices, etc. The bathroom held more towels than we could use and was fully stocked as well. Our view from 810 couldn't be better.

Maid Service: Both the maid service and the mini bar refill was great. We did have one small hiccup, which I'll discuss below, but it was not enough to lower the hotel rating. Maid service occurred twice a day - morning and turn down service, and the mini bar almost always (see below) was stocked to the brim.

Gym: My husband usually goes every other day - he loved the facilities and the equipment here so much he went daily. Best hotel gym ever!

Food: OK, this is where the Grand Velas is WORLDS apart from any other AI. The food is amazing. Truly amazing. We were there 5 nights and ate at each restaurant. Our first night was Velas 10. My husband had the Wagyu Filet Mignon and said it was the best steak he had ever had. Service there was good, but not outstanding. The next night we ate at Frida - and both the food and the service was perfect. Solomon was our waiter, and not only was he an excellent server, he told us many stories of the history of some of the foods we were eating. He made the experience exceptional. The third night we ate at Cocina Autor where we experienced the most exclusive gastronomic delights! This two star restaurant offers a tasting menu that was unlike anything we had ever experienced - and our waiter Edgar was superb. The next night we ate at Lucca, and once again, the food was exceptional. Finally, we ended our journey at Piaf - where Karla, Aldo and Jose did a wonderful job serving us exquisite food. Breakfasts and lunches were at Azul. Alejandro was an awesome host - stopping by the tables to make sure everyone had what they needed. Good servers as well - while I don't remember all the names, I do remember Eric was one of our favorites. Great buffet selections, and Eduardo at the omelette station was very accommodating. The lunch buffet was one of the largest we have seen, with a full sushi bar as well!

Pool and Activities: The pools were beautiful, and even better, they weren't cold as many resorts are. All three pools were heated to different degrees, and the Jacuzzi's were actually nice and hot! Activities are sparse, and limited, and sometimes do not occur - for example, I never saw the advertised Noon water aerobics happen. I think this is due, in large part, to the size of the crowd. Even with a business group there, they were only about 1/3 full. Two other items we appreciated - we never had to play the 'towel' game - there were plenty of loungers and umbrellas at any time of day, and the pool staff would happily setup whatever you needed. Also, we appreciated the way events were handled - they had separate spaces, and a large event never impacted the remaining guests. Pool service was good to excellent, depending on who you had - again I don't remember all the names, but we loved Hugo - great personality and excellent server!

Our concierge, Carlos Martinez, was just perfect. He checked in with us daily, and we could reach him by text as needed.

Finally, just a few suggestions to make this an even more perfect resort:
1. Eliminate the process of having to sign the check for a meal. There were a few times when we were ready to leave, but didn't see our waiter, so we'd have to wait before we could leave.
2. Work on service consistency. While most servers were outstanding, some were just 'good'. One minor hiccup occurred one day when we got back to the room after swimming, and our mini bar was not filled. As we like to sit on the balcony in the morning and have coffee, I called and was told 'someone would be up immediately'. One hour later no one had shown up. So I called again, and was told they'd get it done during turn down, which they did. I know things get missed, and i'm good with that as no place is perfect, but don't promise me that someone will be down immediately and then not fulfill my request.
3. A slight increase in occupancy would help both the activities, and the hotel profits! While we were still able to enjoy all the restaurants, with all the new upper end hotels coming to Cabo, I wonder if that will still be the case in the future. Perhaps some incentives for returning customers?

In summary (and I know this was a long review) I feel this is the best hotel we've ever stayed at, and I look forward to many more visits. I see no reason to review AI #13.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BBAZTempe

Thank you very much for sharing with us, and the world, your highly detailed and wonderfully versed observations on the Grand Velas experience; "the best hotel" you have ever stayed at.

There are many aspects to an all-inclusive, hotel and your insightful review covers many of them. From your arrival, your accommodations, service, and culinary design, we have focused on reaching new heights in all these areas and more. Now, after our first year of operation, I find that everything is now blending harmoniously (save for the few "hiccups" that you mention which that we are currently working on), and almost at the level of perfection that any hotel, or chain, would envy. And as for the future. We are confident that our well-established talent base, along with our gift for continuous innovation will serve an essential role in placing us in the top echelon of upscale hotels, not only in Los Cabos but, in all of Latin America.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and for your firm commitment to returning for many more visits in the future. You can count on my staff of dedicated professionals to remain at your faithful service at every step.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We just returned from a 4 night stay at this beautiful resort. I would highly recommend this resort, especially traveling with a young family.
First off, the five star experience here would not be possible without the amazing staff at this hotel. We have stayed at other 5 star hotels and the experience here is really above and beyond. It’s much more than the nice rooms and beautiful grounds.
We had the pleasure of having Mr. Carlos Contes as our personal concierge who literally sits at a desk by the elevator not too far from our room. This amazing man made everything happen for us. The answer was always “yes” for any request. Traveling with 2 active kids under the age of 4, Carlos had our room baby proofed so that our kids would be safe running around and playing in the room for the 4 days we stayed. That’s 5 star above and beyond service right there. He found us an amazing nanny Rosalia last minute who he personally brought to our room to meet our family. Rosalia was truly amazing with my kids and they loved her. I cannot say enough about how great the staff are and that’s what truly makes this hotel worth the price you pay.
The food at this hotel is delicious and very high end compared to other all inclusive resorts of the same star rating. We ate at Piaf ( my favorite) , Lucca, Azul ( a very different type of restaurant experience with a chef from Holland), and Frida ( delicious Mexican food). I don’t remember all the names of the waiters and staff, but each day we were just really amazed at the high quality of service and genuinely friendly staff who wanted to do everything they could to make your vacation memorable. We ordered room service many times during our stay and the food was probably better than any Ritz Carlton or St. Regis room service I’ve ordered in the past to give you all an idea. The room is stocked with many snacks and drinks. Room service and cleaning was offered twice a day. Everything was very clean at this resort.
The resort was not busy at all during our stay. My son loved the kids club, the pool, the kids playground, and the beach. The staff even brought sand toys to the beach for the kids to play.
We also did a really memorable photo shoot with the very patient photography staff who were well trained working with young children and getting them to smile and pose.
We had some drinks at some of the bars as well and everything was top notch.
Lastly, when I checked out, it turns out I left a very important and expensive earring behind in the room. We were about to board our car service when Mr. Carlos our concierge ran out to us to give me my earring. He made sure I had it before I left the hotel and did not leave anything else behind. I can’t really say enough great things about Carlos, Rosalia, and all of the staff at this hotel!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Margo R

Thank you very much, Margo, for allowing Grand Velas to cater to your young family with our style and brand of upscale, all-inclusive service and product.

When many people think of all-inclusive, what comes to mind is an array of sub-medium to good, food options. At Grand Velas, and as you now know firsthand, we have raised the gastronomic bar to never-before-reached heights, and your excellent comments on your dining experiences just adds to the prestige that my culinary team is continually forming.

I must also thank you for personally highlighting the excellent service that Carlos and Rosalia provided your family. In particular, adding to the enjoyment of your little ones, while at the same time, affording you and your husband a genuine peace of mind knowing that your children were always in caring hands and that your valuables were not left behind.

Thank you, Margo, for sharing with the world your enchantment with Grand Velas, and all that it stands for. Carlos, Rosalinda, and all of our 700 professionals remain at your faithful service.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Beyond expectations, beautiful light blue waters in the mornings as far as you can see, the sound of the ocean is one if a kind, to hear it and feel it is unforgettable. Sunrises and sunsets stunning! We enjoyed a late afternoon jazz / appetizer cruise. The music was so smooth; and the winds turned a bit chilly. The sail crew surprised us with heated warm colorful Mexican blankets to wrap around chilly shoulders!! That sunset will never be forgotten. Also enjoyed the thrill of whale watching, it’s really whale waiting! Thrilling to see huge whales emerge from the ocean and the sound if their call is unlike anything you’ve heard.

You must experience the Spa services!! I enjoyed 3 hours of transformation... a hot stone back massage followed by pineapple and orange scented full body scrub. The Zen music, soft lights subtle aromatherapy, my skin never felt so smooth, so soft; a completely euphoric out of body journey. The best sleep ever!! The hotel staff were so kind, attentive and so accommodating. I truthfully can’t imagine how it could have been better, tropical grounds, beautiful pools on the property for adults and a special water play area for the little ones. Krystal’ Grand all inclusive is the way to go!!

Unlimited soft drinks and mixed cocktails day and night and the buffets were true competition to the experience of dining off property, after one off Propery dining experience turned into an $80 meal.. that was enough for me to eat ‘at home’! The technology and architecture of the hotel room amenities were a delight , if you’ve never experienced an overhead rain shower, imagine a steady soft fall if rain coming straight down and at a mere touch you can experience in your bathroom dancing in a rainfall. We were at the Grand for 4 nights and 5 days... sailing in blue waters with seals and sea turtles everywhere, seeing the famous Arch where the Pacific Ocean becomes the Gulf of California, which I had never heard of.... so much to see too much to do... camel or pony rides on the beach, cabanas for two, fire pits light up the night along the crashing shoreline , impossible to forget , we were there in March, kinda off season so we had a royalty experience from the moment we arrived until the taxi van returned us to the airport.

5 easy stars *****

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for sharing your great delight on your recent vacation experience here in Los Cabos.

In reading your warm and enchanting descriptions, I do sense, however, that your review may have been destined for another property, Krystal Grand Los Cabos Hotel. But as a member of the Los Cabos hotel community, we feel we are all ambassadors of this beautiful region and are delighted that your time here was as wonderful as you described.

Until your next trip to Baja California Sur, we wish you many more wonderful travels and adventures. Thank you.