Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$233
US$167
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$551
US$302
Melia.com
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$217
BestDay.com
  • Breakfast included
Alegranza(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$188
BestDay.com
Cabo Azul Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$179
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$220
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$176
Hotels.com
  • Pool
One&Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$947
US$610
Hotels.com
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$620
All reviewscocina de autorpersonal conciergeteen clubambassador suitelos caboskoi barmichelin star chefambassador poolmaster sommelierdining reservationsmichelin startdivision managerprovided top notch servicesans kidsdining venuegorgeous sunriseazul restaurant
Reviewed 24 April 2018

Staff are attentive without being on top of your like many other luxury properties. If you're going for an adult getaway (like we were), then the hotel has enough distance between you and the kids on property with adult exclusive restaurants and areas of the pool so you get the vibe you want. If you're bringing kids..... can escape them too. Food is some of the best found at any all-inclusive I've been to, with a 2 star michelin outlet on site. Good fun all around, will surely be back soon.

Room Tip: Get down to the adult pool early if you want one of the front row chairs at the infinity pool. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Andreas S, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

It was our pleasure to provide you and your friends the "First Class" luxury getaway that you were looking for.

As you kindly mentioned, Grand Velas has every provision in place to accommodate all types and styles of guests, placing equal focus on all ages while making the vacation a luxurious and fun experience at the same time. And I am truly pleased that you and your close group of friends felt that you received more than you were anticipating.

Thank you for your glowing comments and your firm commitment to return in the future. Now that you know us firsthand, your subsequent visits will be much more fulfilling. Until next time, we continue to place ourselves at your faithful service.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

We just got back from a fabulous trip for our sales incentive program. The hotel is gorgeous and the staff is amazingly helpful and accommodating. I can't rave enough about the staff but 2 people went above and beyond for our group: Alejandra made sure that everything went smoothly for all of our events and Roberto did a great job making sure everybody's arrivals and departures were smooth and flawless and all the room gifts got delivered within a short window. Our guests loved everything about this resort and truly felt like this was a trip to strive for each year because of the quality of everything at the Grand Velas.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Thank you for taking a few moments of your time to share your great satisfaction on your recent event, and also for highlighting the focused efforts of two of my key personnel.

Whether it is an individual reservation or a convention, we strive to ensure that every detail is analyzed, and carried out, with the elegant efficiency that Grand Velas is recognized for. For other properties, it may be just a "detail," but for the guest/client, it could mean the difference between immense success or frustration. That is why professionals such as Alejandra and Roberto, who manage different areas, are truly on the same page when it comes to completing all tasks at hand in perfect fashion. And the same applies for all my dedicated young women and men who had the privilege to serve your group´s needs and desires.

Thank you for entrusting Grand Velas to make your trip as successful as it was. And from my team to yours, I wish you great prosperity in all your future business endeavors.

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Almost everything about Grand Velas was utter perfection - and the two things that weren't, one of which was my own fault.

The Hotel itself is a graceful curve that is angled such that every room overlooks the property and ocean view. I found myself returning to the architectural detail in the building and spotting little details in the angles and lighting as the day progressed into evening.

When you arrive you are greeted with with a lovely framed view of the Sea of Cortez, a cool towel, and a refreshing drink. The staff will gently guide you along the process of checking in and that you get properly delivered to your room. We had an Ambassador suite with a plunge pool on the first floor on the end closest to the beach. The rooms are huge and tastefully done with all of the amenities you'd expect: jetted tub, well stocked bar/fridge, towels that are thick enough to choke a horse.

We quickly got into the routine of room service breakfast in the morning, spending all day at the pool, changing for dinner, and exploring each of their restaurants in turn, before finishing off the day by chilling out on the veranda listening to the surf.

The resturants - Velas 10 ( seafood/steak ), Lucca ( Italian ) , Piaf ( French ) , Cocina De Autor ( A seven-course experience ), Azul ( everyday fare ) and Cabrilla ( poolsize ceviche ) were all uniformly wonderful in their area of specialty. I think our preference was for Lucca, but we thoroughly enjoyed every visit and every meal.

The hotel seems to do a large trade in corporate rewards travel - for three or four of the seven nights we stayed there was a seemingly different group of folks that we'd run into in the pool or beach area and there would be large-ish events every night. Between the size of the grounds and the excellent noise isolation in the rooms ( especially with the white-noise from the air conditioning ) we rarely heard any noise from the outside penetrating our vacation sanctuary.

The spa hydrotherapy and massage was some of the best pampering we've had in... well, ever. I won't detail the specifics here so as not to spoil your discovery when you visit, but do treat yourself when you go.

Now for the two things that were less than perfect:
1 - The layout and getting around the facility inside can be a bit of a maze: When you arrive at the hotel, the lobby is actually floor 5. It'll take a minute to get your bearings, but there's always someone nearby to guide you. Don't always assume a stairway will take you to the next level of the hotel, it might be a service corridor.

2 - Part of our package involved pre-paid transport to and from the airport. As we were checking out, the staff asked if we needed a taxi, and we responded No Gracias - we have a ride with *company name* arriving at *time*. ( We were early ). We finished checking out and then returned to the driveway to be told that 'our taxi is ready and your bags are loaded'. "Great!" thought I. We said our goodbyes, tipped the gentleman, and got in. Our ride to the airport was quiet and uneventful ( and seemingly a bit longer than our original ride in ). About halfway there I realized that I hadn't actually checked if this was a ride from our original company, but didn't worry about it.
When we arrived at SJD, we got out, the driver got our bags, and I tipped him. He got a confused look and said "No, $60 US." I said "We thought this was already paid for with *company*?" "No, $60 US." Luckily we hadn't burned through all of our vacation cash and scrounged up the requisite fee - because this gentleman didn't do debit cards.
Lesson learned: always, always, *always* double check. While I take partial blame for asking, I also blame the gentleman handling our bags ( who repeated the *company* name back to me after I said it ) for not following through.

The super-star staff that helped us: Hugo at the pool, Alejandro: pool concierge, Christina: personal concierge, Kassandra ( with a k and two 'aah's ) at the front desk, literally everyone in every resturant and the master Sommelier who shared a glass of his personal wine with us. While the folks named here did an awesome job, the entire staff was fantastic.

We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Go for a lower floor closer to the beach so you have less incidental noise from lobby/restaurants/bars.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan G

Thank you very much, Dan, for sharing with us your observations and personal impressions in such a wonderfully elegant manner.

It is easy to envision your personal sense of satisfaction on many aspects of the Grand Velas experience. And your point on arriving at our majestic lobby, high up on the fifth floor, certainly inspires innovation right from the start. And as you mentioned, that same trademark feature can create an early sense of disorientation of where one is. That is the reason I have instructed my concierges to place more emphasis on our building´s layout with the guests. And at the same time, they, along with my bellmen, will confirm transport companies directly with the guest to eliminate any future misunderstanding. And due to that situation, you have my sincerest apologies.

I look forward to your return, Dan, where you will arrive as an experienced guest with seasoned knowledge of all our services, amenities, and the upscale refinement that our brand represents. Thank you, sir. We remain at your steadfast service.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

This is truly a luxury all inclusive. No wonder it is rated 5 diamonds!After check in we were given a tour of our room and its amenities by our own personal Concierge, DaVid, who was excellent.If we had a need we had only to ask. He greeted us each day as we came and went from our room and always was interested in our vacation and how he could serve us. Our Suite#414 overlooked the 3 swimming pools. You could sit out on the balcony on the lounger and even listen to live jazz band in the afternoon. There was a small maintenance problem and I only mention it to let the traveler know that the response was instantaneous. The head of the Concierges stayed to make sure the situation was fully taken care of by the maintenance dept. In my 34 plus years of business travel I have never had such a quick response by maintenance. They are to be commended for their excellence in service. Room service was as great as eating in one of their many restaurants.You could view the menus onscreen for your convenience. I would give their room service an excellent rating, which I have never given any other property I have stayed at.Everything was hot and well prepared. The presentation was excellent with linens and all. The service of the room waiter was pleasant. He definitely wanted to prepare the table and chairs for either inside or outside balcony dining, so you could have a nice dining experience without leaving your room.Our suite had everything,hot tub, luxury walk in shower, and high end linens and toiletries abound.While the maintenance hiccup was being fixed the Concierge got ice and poured my wife a glass of wine of her choosing from the mini bar ,that is totally stocked. The maid service was always making sure our room was ready when we returned from an event.They were not intrusive when we just wanted to relax in our room The room was so fresh and clean with nice warm lighting. They are beautiful accommodations.There is unique artwork in the lobby areas and throughout the property. They have a small but nice shoppe to get items you might need, but truly the rooms have everything,toothbrush etc. The shoppe also sells a nice variety of clothing and jewelry too. Very personable sales ladies.There is a coffee shop close to the lobby before going to the pool areas. You will not be disappointed by the selection of restaurants offered.We attended some company events there and all were well managed, with wonderful food and entertainment.The staff were all so friendly and accommodating.This is an excellent choice for a company event ,as well as a family vacation. Really enjoyed dinner for two one evening at the Velas 10 Seafood and Grill.Make sure you make reservations for these places.We had a table outside overlooking the breathtaking view of the ocean. We could watch fish jumping in the waters. The filet and lobster combination was excellent.The service was excellent. We also enjoyed lunch at the Azule Restaurant where we were friendly greeted and instructed about all of the many choices of their enormous buffet. A waiter took my wife's plate to the table for her,which was so nice. It would take forever to describe all of the specialty foods we enjoyed.My wife really enjoyed the salmon with lemon sauce and the lamb tips. I would have to say the entrees were all top notch, but you will die when you get to the dessert section and think you have gone to heaven!We had wonderful buffets at the Ambassador Ballroom and also at the Terraza del Mar rooftop outdoor onsite venue,where our company enjoyed group functions.I would like to conclude by saying that in my opinion we felt safe at this resort which I feel is important.Each room has a safe to use and it might be wise to only wear good jewelry at the resort. There is a dress code. No jeans, which we liked. Casual attire during the day and by the pool.Ladies should wear a cover up with their bathing suits for the day dining.Lunch service is available poolside. Collared shirts, pants, and closed toe shoes for men. Ladies dress pants, sun dresses ,and sandals are suggested for the evenings at their restaurants . We took a stroll on their actual sandy beach. This beach is not for swimming! You can wade but be careful of the rip tide . There are a few loungers down by the secluded beach end where we enjoyed a peaceful rest. The views are magnificent looking out as well as looking back at the resort with the bougainvilleas plants hanging from the balconies.There are a multitude of outside tours that can be arranged by the hotel for you, but truthfully the resort really has it all right there for a nice all inclusive vacation. Would love to return.This is truly the best all inclusive we have been to and we have been to quite a few in Mexico, Dominican Republic and the Caribbean.

Room Tip: suite 414 ,from the balcony pretty much gave you a panorama of the whole resort from its rooftop venue,pools, restaurants and seaside
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank William G
Andreas S, Director General at Grand Velas Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you so much, William, for your enchanting and very informative insights on your recent and unforgettable, Grand Velas vacation.

Your descriptions will allow other potential visitors to envision the many remarkable facets of the experience through your eyes. The exquisite ambiance of the resort, its culinary wonders, charm, detailed service, and even the maintenance hiccup that we put to rest immediately, are all aspects that met your high standards in upscale travel. And to perform and deliver all this luxury and elegance under an all-inclusive concept will make one wonder if it can be replicated anywhere else.

William, we too would love having you return with us in the future as it will allow us to demonstrate, once again, that we are not just an all-inclusive; we are Grand Velas.

Thank you, sir. I wish you great success and prosperity in all your future business endeavors.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful resort! I've never met a friendlier staff, and the food alone would give this place five stars. Our room was incredible with a gorgeous deck and view. Beach was really pretty, but rocky and too dangerous to swim. The water was way too cold for this southern girl anyway at 63*. We were with a business group, so two of our evenings were catered and one off-site, so we were only able to visit one of the restaurants. We chose the one with the tasting menu (sorry I can't remember the name!) and it was quite an experience! I don't remember any of the food descriptions except for the seaweed bubble, but it was all really good. Spent most days by the pool with Omar bringing us drinks. He's awesome along with every other staff member we encountered. Lovely trip!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you, Cindi, for taking the time to share your delight with the world on your recent incentive trip to Grand Velas.

Allow me also to congratulate you on being selected to travel with your company as a reward for your achievements and accomplishments. We were truly delighted to host your excellent group of professionals and to know that we exceeded your expectations is music to our ears. And you can be assured that our renowned, Two Michelin Star Chef, Sydney Schutte will be highly delighted to know that his "Cocina de Autor," 10-course tasting menu was an incredible success.

Cindi, from our team to yours, we wish you the best of success in all your professional endeavors for the upcoming year, with hopes of hosting you again on your next corporate trip. Thank you!