Tropicana Inn
US$269
US$169
  • Beachfront
Casa Natalia(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Pool
Paradisus Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$539
US$414
  • Breakfast included
El Encanto Inn & Suites Boutique Hotel(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
One & Only Palmilla(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$640
Hotels.com
Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$464
US$351
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Puerto Los Cabos Golf & Spa Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$494
US$318
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$366/night.

Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$544
US$431
Priceline
Grand Velas Los Cabos(San Jose del Cabo)
US$1,080
US$910
Bookit.com
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort(San Jose del Cabo)(Great Value!)
US$985
US$887
All reviewssan josecoffee juicemexican hoteltown squareart galleriessmall hotelnice pooleast capeice machinela pazpool areaour waiterswim up barlounge chairsmexicobajapaco
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Just returned from a trip to Los Cabos, Mexico and spent our first three nights at the Tropicana Inn. Had a great experience, the beds are comfortable, the air conditioning worked well, delicious breakfast, and a very nice pool to lounge by. Wifi is available in the pool area. Very nice front desk staff, servers and bar staff. The hotel is convenient to the downtown and within walking distance to the shops, resturants etc.. We took the city bus down to the Mega store for drinks and snacks and that gave us a look at the hotel strip along the ocean. Would certainly stay at this small hotel when visiting Los Cabos again.

Room Tip: We had room 206, second floor overlooking the pool and found it quite lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank lindamI2901FG
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Lovely small hotel, located in historic section of town. The pictures on the website are exactly what the place looks like. They are not retouched professional photos for marketing -- it really was that pretty, right down to the "towel animals" hanging around the pool! Not crowded, allowing for personal service at front desk and in restaurant. I told them we were coming for my daughters birthday so they decorated our room prior to our arrival and made arrangements for a dessert surprise in the restaurant the first night. (She was greatly surprised) Room was clean, beds were comfortable, temperature in room was welcome relief from heat outside and sometimes even too cold! WiFi is probably not good if you plan to be on it fulltime for work purposes, but we were able to read emails and post pictures to our jealous family and friends in the States with no problem. Free parking in a flat gravel lot right beside the hotel. Felt safe for two women to walk around immediate area. Might be boring for some, but for us, it was a good base and great value. We rented a car (around $180 for four days from Thrifty about a block away) for the second half of our stay and ventured to Cabo San Lucas a few times, finding it more convenient and cheaper than constantly paying for taxis. This price included a $10 drop off fee allowing us to leave it at the airport instead of paying for a car service or taxi on our morning of departure as well. (Taxis are plentiful and right outside front door of hotel if you prefer. We paid $22US round trip, including tip, to just go to Zippers one night for dinner.)

Why not 5 stars? 1) No water pressure in shower with varying temps. Cold water showers and hot water teeth brushing became the norm. 2) "Spa" is in another hotel room rather than separate retail space. Might be OK for massages, but we got pedicures and it was uncomfortable to sit in upright chair and prop feet on the legs of the nail attendant. Also, can't put charge on room. (They were very nice people and the space was peaceful with low lights and calming music, pleasant conversation so I'd do it again for a massage or manicure maybe, it just wasn't very comfortable for the service we received). 3) Large gap at bottom of door allowed huge (and I mean HUGE) spiders and creepy crawling things into the room, especially at night. My daughter found a large one in her purse that she laid on the floor right after we arrived. We solved it by making sure everything was hanging up or off the floor and placed a rolled up towel under the door at night, but not sure what all got in the room while we were gone and the towel was not pressed tightly under it!!! 4) We were right by the ice maker and didn't hear it at night like other reviewers complained of, but we did have loud groups around the pool the first night (a Saturday). I politely asked them to be quieter and they quickly apologized and left. Not a problem on any of the other nights as the hotel was more crowded on weekend than weekdays. 5) Unchaperoned kids in the pool the first couple of days we were there. They were respectful and not too unruly, but I worried more about their safety with no adult supervision. No hotel personnel ever overlooked the pool area other than to randomly walk thru and pick up towels on rare occasion. 6) Which leads me to the lack of service by the pool. Again, this is a small and quiet resort, so my expectations were not for much, but it would have been nice to have someone occasionally come out and ask if we wanted a drink or food. They have a nice swim up bar space. They came anytime we asked at the front desk, but the point is that we had to go find someone to get service rather than them coming to us first. We probably would have bought lots more drinks and food had they come to us. Even after bringing the food and drink the first time, we never saw them again to get refills or to try another one of their delicious drink specials. The guy that picked up the towels could have asked even and I'd been fine with that!

All in all, its a great, quiet location and most importantly, a great value. We were able to leave the resort and eat/drink elsewhere without feeling like we were double paying by staying at an All Inclusive. Thank you Laurent and staff for making our girls getaway a special time. We will definitely come back and may even bring the guys next time!

Stayed: August 2015
3  Thank Sally M
Reviewed 9 August 2015

I am a solo female traveler and I felt 100% respected, comfortable and welcome here. The room was perfect for me with a great bed (I'm picky on beds), clean well appointed bathroom, study desk, dining table with coffee maker and tasty coffee and good quality linens. It was a quick trip to the airport. I love that it is owned and fashioned in lovely courtyard garden Mexican style

I had lots of their fresh lemon water which they have available 24/7. The fan and AC kept me totally cool in the thicket of sweaty heat that is Cabo in August. The front desk reception chap was great about passing me messages from friends and giving me tips on the area.

Tropicana provided me with a very peaceful and private space for decompressing while giving me access to all the things I needed within two blocks; great restaurants, fine indigenous art for sale, bars and cafes, ATMs and all forms of transportation. A bonus is how near it is to the airport. Stay here your first and last night in Los Cabos. At sunset I floated in the super clean and warm pool and stared at the moon and stars as they came out- it was a high point.

Room Tip: You may want to be near the front desk to have access to the sweet parrot and parakeets and the lemon ice water.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank WanderfullLife
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Spent 5 days attending a wedding (ceremony arrangements, dinner, and party at hotel restaurant were very good). Short easy trip from airport with rental car and good parking. A couple of visits to the hub-bub of Cabo were fun, but we appreciated returning to San Jose as our base where we could stroll around the quiet, safe and clean streets to enjoy the local shopping and restaurants. We really enjoyed being in a real town and even stopped by a local festival in the town square Sunday night. Highly recommended for those not interested in big all-inclusives.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2015

Even thought the pet policy said no pets, when we asked, they said it was fine! Our dog liked laying by the pool, and there is a big parking lot next to the hotel that was good for her bathroom needs!

Room Tip: just not behind room 103, ice machine sounds like a train, we were warned, so we took another room and loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple