Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,687 results
All reviews fun team steak night los cabos pool concierge bedroom villa washer and dryer pool bar ceviche rented a car mexican night beautiful property special shout ping pong san jose water aerobics beach volleyball ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

Came to stay at the Westin Los Cabos with a group of 9 friends and we had the best time! The property itself is so beautiful, especially the pool and beach area - the property even hosts events involving the guest and it was so much fun! Wanted to give a quick shout out to our breakfast and pool server - FIDEL! Fidel was so attentive and always so genuinely kind. It was such a pleasure seeing him. Also, Elizabet, who checked us in at the front desk was so great - she gave us first class service. Would 100% return to this property.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear bilabatry182,

It is with great joy we receive your kind review and learn you spent a lovely time at Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa. Thank you so much for choosing us, your satisfaction is at all times our main goal and we are pleased to learn it was successfully accomplished.
Our team is always committed to exceeding each and every one of your expectations, we will share your comments with all of them, especially with Fidel, and Elizabeth about their extraordinary customer service.
We truly hope we can welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2021 via mobile

Mario Navarrette at the Pool Concierge went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was exceptional. On several occasions Mario would make sure that we had extra towels so that I wouldn’t get too hot at the side of the pool, he remembered our names, and brought me the right product when he noticed that I had over extended my sun exposure and got very burnt. Mario was very kind to all of us. He always made us laugh and took great care of us. We look forward to seeing him again in the Fall. Thank you Mario!!!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Haileydetrick,

We sincerely appreciate the time you have taken to share with us and the travel community your latest experience at The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, We are glad to hear from your comments that Mario from pool concierge pampered you in our relaxing pools.
Your satisfaction and your perfect memories are one of our most important goals and our staff is always willing to exceed your expectations.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if you need any assistance in planning your next stay with us.

Executive office

Reviewed 5 May 2021

We have not been anywhere in Mexico in a long time, but some friends, and then family members have been going to Cabo throughout the pandemic. One family member had just returned from the Westin and had a great time, and we, like many, have had serious cabin fever and are fully vaccinated. So, we thought, we are Westin owners, it is a short plane trip for us - Let's Go!

We stayed for 5 nights and it was very nice. We had a villa - a very large 1 bedroom - at Baja Point, and it was very nice and very comfortable. We didn't use the spa, but enjoyed the balcony every day. The villas are close enough to hear the crashing waves even at night, through the closed windows! Although we researched it, we didn't really understand the layout of the Westin, and that staying at Baja Point means you need to walk a ways to get to the main pools, facilities and restaurants at the Westin Villas towers. Plus the layout of the Baja Point villas means you will likely have a fair amount of up and down to get to the individual villas. My wife has bad knees so that was a bit of an issue, but we still enjoyed it and did the walk every day - we definitely got our steps in! And we took a golf cart from the Baja Point check-in to the main resort checkpoint to meet the Uber drivers...it's a pretty steep drive from the main checkpoint up to Baja Point. The Westin staff was always there and happy to take us up and down!

The staff was VERY friendly and helpful and all seemed very happy to have us there. Apparently the resort was at 30% occupancy due to COVID, which was fine, but it did mean apparently limited menus and drink selections. The food at the poolside and towers restaurant was good, just not a large selection. We did try El Ciruelo one night in the Baja Point section, because it was close. BAD idea. The family member that had recently been there advised against it, but we unfortunately ignored her advice. Service was BEYOND slow, and they were messing up orders around us, as well as ours. The food was OK, and it really wasn't that expensive, but they were clearly understaffed, and again, had limited food and drink selection. I think 4 wines to choose from? Just avoid it...nice view though!
I saw the review from the gentleman who had stomach issues. You can never say "never", but we had no issues anywhere we ate in the Cabo area with food or water. Our tummies were a bit "weird" for a few days, but pretty sure that was just a reaction to the different cooking. No issues, and all the food we had was good or great.
A comment on wine - we are mostly Napa wine drinkers. Not there. I don't know about other places in Mexico, but either taxes or preference makes Napa wines VERY expensive in the Cabo area. So like most others, I think, we just tried/drank S. American and, yes, Mexican wines, and some were very good, some OK. Very different from Hawaii, where good Napa wines are plentiful and not very expensive (relatively).

We thought the folks at the resort were doing a very good job on COVID measures and we never saw a staff person without a mask. Apparently it has been taken seriously in Mexico, at least in the Cabo area. Folks were cleaning every morning and throughout the day and we never had the impression that any maintenance was being deferred. The grounds and building looked well cared for.

We absolutely will be going back!

The only negative is that while the beach is very nice, you really can't get in the water because of the steep drop-off and quick shore break; the waves often hit pretty hard! The lifeguard was very attentive and seemed to be watching the beach very closely every day we were there. But the pools are very nice and we never had a problem getting shaded chairs - I'm sure because of the limited occupancy.

It's kind of a weird Westin Villas for us due to the layout. The main check-in/lobby area is not really a hub for the property, as we are used to other places, especially Hawaii. But all villas have ocean views and are really ocean front, also because of the layout.

Taking Uber to restaurants, San Jose and into Cabo San Lucas, worked out pretty well for us, although we had some interesting rides... :+)

Staying only 5 nights, we didn't get to do too much, but some restaurant recs:

Habaneros in San Jose - a very nice and good family place in old town San Jose. We will spend more time in San Jose when we go back!

Flora Farms - an awesome place with great food and location, even if a bit heavy on the marketing "machine"...

Sunset Mona Lisa - Holy cow, a must do place, even if very expensive. The location is just incredible. It was a bit of a breezy evening when we went, with a "cold" front coming through, but it was still exquisite.

We did a private boat trip one morning from the Cabo San Lucas Marina, and my wife did some fishing. She caught a Mackeral and the skipper filleted it and walked us to the Tiki Bar at the Marina - a place Guy Fieri has been! - and they fried it up for us - that was great!
I tried to get in the water at a "snorkel" and SUP place - I was fine on the board but when I slipped into the water - YIKES, time to get back on the board NOW! It was pretty chilly!

As I said, we enjoyed our stay here and will be going back and doing more exploring, but probably staying in the Villa Towers instead of Baja Point, nice as it was!

Room tip: Rooms have an ocean view - are oceanfront.
2  Thank Landguitar

Dear Landguitar,

Thank you very much for selectingWestin Los Cabos as the setting for your well-deserved getaway.
We couldn't be more delighted knowing that we beautifully covered all aspects essential to you for a fulfilling vacation experience. Our team is always committed to exceeding each and every one of your expectations, we will share your comments with all of them.
Once again, thank you for sharing your comments and perceptions with the world. We look forward to satiating your expectations again, and in the meantime, we wish you and your loved ones all the best in the future.

As always, sir, we are at your service.

Reviewed 1 May 2021

Room was great, staff were very helpful, David and Leorel at the pool were very helpful
Dining options are very limited with the same menu all the time even at the pool
I got food poisoning at your restraunt out on Baja Point.
Thinking back, i ate there 3 times, the first 2 times i had the runs,
The third time i got the runs as well as throwing up, for 36 hours.
The next day i went to reception and ask where the Doctor was located, i went there and no one was there. A girl showed up I assume sent by reception.She said the Doctor wouldn't be in until 3:00 pm. It was about 9:30 am at that time.
She ask me what my problem was and said she was calling a manager.
She tried to be helpful but she was just collecting information.
A manager never showed up, the chef came by and ask what happened and i told him, he sent 4 bottles of elecrtrolite to my room and that is the last i head from him.
later that day the Doctor called and said to eat crackers and electrolites
The doctor said she would call back but never heard from her.
I couldn't keep anything down, a sip of water sent me back to the bathroom. That went on for 36 hours.
My complaint is that hotel Management didn't check to see how I was doing or if i needed anything.
Didn't hear from the chef and it was his place that made me sick.
I'm 82 years old and this was a terrible experience to go through when I was on vacation. I'm still having problems getting my body system to adjust to my normal life.
And it appears to me that Resort Management took no interest in my problem or offer any assistance.
Actually I am still sick with bone aChe muscle ach and extremely tired.
And it has been 8 d,ays
Donald Larsen
dnlars1@gmail.com
949 933 2420

1  Thank donlT5189EM
Management response:Responded 4 May 2021

Dear Mr. Larsen,

We would like to thank you for staying with us and posting your review.
We are sorry to hear you got sick while you were on vacation, our team is very committed with all our guest and we are aware that Our Chef and part of our staff were checking up on you, and even some phone calls were made to your room in case you needed anything while you were feeling unwell. Accordingly with our records, medical assistance was offered, but was refused, we also checked during the same day if we received a similar report as yours, but we had only your report.

We really car about the experience and of course the wellbeing of our guest and we are deeply sorry that this happens while you vacation in our resort.

Thank you again for sharing with us your valuable feedback. We remain at your faithful service.

We hope you get to feel better soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 27 April 2021 via mobile

The activities director, Mauricio, was fabulous. He has so much positive energy and makes a point to include everyone. He does his best to be sure everyone is having a good time. He goes above and beyond during this time to help you escape and have fun.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 April 2021

Dear Explore28505,

It was an honor to have hosted you in your recent visit at Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa, we are glad to know that you took the chance to stay in our beautiful property, we are always eager to provide the Westin Experience to all our guests.
Thank you so much for your kind comments about our service, activities in the pool area and spectacular staff, we will share your good comments with Mauricio about his great customer service.

We remain at your faithful service.

Executive office