All reviews our honeymoon infinity hot tub ocean front main restaurant minute massage pool bar master suite relaxing vacation oceanfront room food and drinks main pool guacamole crashing waves bottled water rented a car time share turn down service
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We came here to enjoy a golf resort. We got hit up with timeshare ownership (they have it down). They promise you the moon. We bit, but cancelled 3 days later. Our deposit was to be returned within 15 days. It’s been over a MONTH! I will keep posting bad reviews when the run around stops and we get our money back. This is fraud.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Selder23
ana m, General Manager at Casa del Mar Golf Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Hola,

Please accept my apologies for your inconveniences.

I will personally look into this.

This is not the way Casa del Mar wants to go.

Reviewed 6 April 2018

We've been coming here for the past six years. There's a new positioning message each time. I'd like to think excellence can be restored as I've written in previous reviews, but ownership here needs to do better.

There are many pluses. The hotel shares impeccably landscaped grounds and pools with private condominiums and a couple of timeshared buildings. It looks beautiful and the views and location can't be beat. The housekeeping folks and waitstaff are great. The food is vastly improved. The spa is very nice. The management team seems to be upping its game within reported budget constraints. However, some suites which double as timeshare units are getting very tired. Certain appliances do not work.

The owners seem to be focusing on further development of the property with talk of another hotel/timeshare combination building and timesharing the existing hotel rooms. It's more than talk. Timeshare and vacation club salespeople populate the hotel lobby and aggressively pursue hotel guests. My family refers to them as the "seagulls". Nice way to devalue the experience! They also circle the owner's golf courses. Beware.

It's not clear if ownership wants a high end boutique property in keeping with its neighbors or if it wants a low cost alternative to the neighbors and to hard-sell its guests on other things. It would be good to know before booking here. The other good thing to know is don't pay "rack rates". Everything is negotiable.

Room Tip: Most rooms are good. Avoid the timeshare buildings. Everything is negotiable. Don't pay rack rates.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Bentley76

Hola,

Casa del Mar is looking to be better everyday, alot of improvements have been made and will continue on doing so.

Thank you for your feedback, it gives me the knowledge of what areas we can improve.

Best regards

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My wife and I have stayed at Casa Del Mar (previously Zoetry) several times over the past 6 years, so my review is based on previous experiences. This development has taken a huge nose dive over the past few stays successively.
To be clear- the room has always been terrific. From the first time we stayed here 6 years ago until now (sitting in my room typing) it has always been great! 4* minimum. However, the grounds, staff, residents, food, etc have all gone down hill FAST. I have my own theories how this has come to pass, but the main reason has to be time share options on the grounds. The residents here VRBO and AIRbnb their property and I understand why. The problem is the price is set so low at times the company it attracts are less than desirable. We are here this week (March 25-April 2) and the people here are, for lack of better term, BRUTAL. I realize its spring break for a lot of folks around the states, but children here outnumber adults 2:1. Further, the staff wants no part in dealing with pool behavior or otherwise. My wife and I like to sit in the "quiet area" which has turned in to a VERY non quiet area.
As mentioned, I understand it's spring break- I get it, but the truth of it is that the folks that are here with their children doesn't indicate a 4 or 5 star resort. It's a Sandals or a Dreams at best.
The staff doesn't seem to care about anything at all. It's like they're all here just to take orders. If they get it to you GREAT... if not we'll try yo do better next time. Key word- TRY.
When I first stayed here when it was Zoetry the grounds were immaculate, staff was professional, the pool was revered. Now... it's a damn Sandals resort. I held my review from the last time we stayed here in 2016 because I thought it was a "one off" experience. Well folks... it wasn't. This "resort" is a far cry from the Zoetry days. There is no "adult only" area, and the adult pool that use to be near the sea is now concrete.
My advice- if you're looking for a Dreams or "one notch above Sandals" experience this is your place. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank Brad P

Hola,

Thank you for your feedback, will get to work on the issues you mention.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

The staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were very nice and food at the restaurant was excellent with a nice variety. Proximity and access to the beach was excellent. Choices of transportation into Cabo were great. Very enjoyable trip at a great rate.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Hola,

I can only say thank you.

Its our pleasure to serve you.

Best Regards

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

my family and i stayed at casa del mar for spring break. we had an outstanding time!
1. Staff/Service is excellent. The staff is kind, helpful, and they speak great English.
2. Atmosphere is calm and beautiful. The grounds are well kept and the pool/beach is gorgeous. It is very calm and a wonderful oasis compared to an All-Inclusive Resort.
3. Rooms are great! They are clean, have great ocean views, and are very unique.
4. Breakfast is included, and the breakfast we had was delicious!
5. Location. Casa Del Mar is closer to the wonderful San Jose Del Cabo than Cabo San Lucas, and we recommend going into the town of San Jose Del Cabo during your stay as it is very close.
We hope to come to Casa Del Mar again and again, and are already thinking about coming back next year! Strongly recommend this beautiful resort.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hola,

Thank you for making Casa del Mar your home.

Best Regards