“It's all about atmosphere”
Review of Guacamaya's

Guacamaya's
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 November 2017

May not be the greatest food, although there are dishes that I can't get anywhere else; the bar is sporadic but usually good drinks; at times the worst music we've ever heard; they never add the bill correctly, but the place is hoot, and we go back again and again... it's all about the atmosphere and I often recommend it right as the first meal off the airplane -- gets you right in the San Jose del Cabo mood right away!!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

A little off the beaten track. Excellent moderate fare. Good size portions. Casual party atmosphere with live music, open kitchen, hustle and bustle. Fun meal.

Reviewed 22 November 2017

This gem of a place serves fantastic food as prior reviews have shown. We lucked out with a karaoke singer -- gaunt and absolutely fantastic -- who serenaded all evening under the fans and heat and conversation and heat and wonderful Margarhitas and heat and .....Well, like everyone said the stone bowls and fried cheese a marvel, but even better were the specialty plates - And the service with smiles and wonderous Mexican hospitality. Okay.. you got the picture. Best later in the evening when the heat of the food is not matched with the heat of the temperature.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Traditionally, Guacamaya’s has been one of our “go to” places for quality Mexican food, great service and at a great price. Unfortunately I cannot say that this time. We went for dinner this evening and my husband ordered a Pacifico. Our server, Lalo, brought him a Corona Light and said there was no Pacifico. As we watched the table adjacent ours continue to enjoy Pacifico, we questioned this. He then received his originally requested Pacifico. Then I ordered 3 tacos, one of which was pork shoulder. I took a bite of my taco and narrowly avoided chopping a tooth from the bones within the taco. I pointed the small pile of bones to the server who simply asked if I was ok and then moved on. No apology, no discount, nada. Lastly my husband’s dinner, an arrechera molcajete, was served cold and with dried out steak pieces. He asked that it be warmed. By the time they brought his warmed dinner back out, I was done with dinner and his was even more dried out. Again, no apology, no discount, no offering to make up for this. The original check brought to use was incorrect and only corrected upon our questioning. We will skip this place on our next trip.

Reviewed 20 November 2017 via mobile

We usually love this local joint and it is a favorite among tourists and locals.

Usually order the fajitas as they are delicious and enough for 2 people to share. Now the portion is about half of what it used to be. They were also overlooked and dried out. Hopefully it was just an off day.

1  Thank review1now