I came to Cabo Azul last October, so this review is a bit late. I can't say enough about this property! AMAZING. You walk into the 'front desk', which was actually just a room converted to a check-in area because the lobby isn't finished yet. Once you start the tour, you will be stunned by some of the architecture and decor of the entire resort. Our room was a 2nd floor, ocean view 2-bedroom villa. The decor is insanely beautiful, all the way down to the light fixtures. The rooms can be a bit dark in the evenings, so putting makeup on can get a little tricky. But, after a few margaritas, who cares? :) My only complaint about the rooms would be the couch - it is terribly uncomfortable. The TV's are a bit outdated, but if you are heading on vacation to watch TV, you should have stayed home! Everything else is top-notch!
The pool area is spectacular! From the landscaping, to the ambiance, to the service - the developer has left no stone unturned here. The drinks are pretty pricey at the bar and you cannot bring your own food/beverage to the pool like most timeshare resorts. For us, no biggie. We just had drinks in the room and only a few down at the pool. Flor de Noche, the pool restaurant/bar, is stunning. The food is awesome and the service is fabulous. There are three pools total, all tier into the bottom pool. The pools are not very shallow, so if you are bringing kids, take note. I personally liked the bottom pool the best, since you have a great view of the ocean. There are also really comfy lounges on the beach - BUT DO NOT SWIM IN THE OCEAN. It is not a swimming beach due to the strong current.
Javier's is the same chain they have here in Orange County, CA. Overpriced, especially for Mexico, but fantastic food (different menu than in the states) and you are right on the sand. Again, the decor and vibe here are fabulous.
The hotel has great security, but you probably wouldn't know it. The extra-beefy guys that look like they are waiters/managers, are actually the security. They stand at every possible entrance and make you feel very safe - no vendors, no outside guests.
We are actually owners here, and bought this timeshare 'sight-unseen' at a presentation in OC last year. While I know many people fuss and complain about the value of a timeshare and how many people get ripped off, I don't agree. If you are going to buy one, USE IT. Otherwise, you really are wasting your money. We did take advantage of the 'free' shuttle from the airport (this is free in exchange for listening to another presentation) but did not buy any more points at the resort. Keep in mind, this is how the salesmen make their money - don't judge them and be rude, they are just trying to make a living. We were firm, and ours backed off.
I did not try the spa, but hear it is great. We are headed this September again and I will have to try it then! I hope you enjoy this resort as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos/San Jose Del Cabo