“Good coffee”

Oslers Bakery and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Wairoa
Reviewed 5 May 2018

Stopped here on the way to Gisborne. Saw the Maori bread and had to taste, it looked so awesome. Had a toasted sandwich, but really only wanted a piece of bread with butter and jam. I think that the fillings in the sandwich took the focus away from the bread. Coffee was really good. Would have liked to hear the women speaking Maori to each other.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

Pies were decent enough but the lady serving us was unfriendly. Cake was discusting and tasted like it was made 2 weeks ago. The lady even got me the wrong pie!

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had been told when he drove through Wairoa we had to stop at Oslers and have a boil up pie. The bakery was so busy there was a line of people right out to the door. We got the last boil up pie, much to the annoyance of the guy behind us in the line. They had amazing looking cakes as well as a large selection of pies and other foods. As we made our way to the counter there were still people coming in the door. Amazing how busy it was for a small town. Testament to the good food I guess. Everything was very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Loved the Cheese and Onion Roll Ups and the Seafood Mini Pies... though most other things there looked great too... sadly there too short a time to try more.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

This a traditional bakery with a cafe attached. The walls are full of pictures showing the history of the bakery. It was a memory lane experience reminding me of the 1950s when i was but a lass. We called for brunch on new years day.
Food was uncomplicated and satisfying. I had a mound of bacon with my scrambled egg and the full breakfast was pronounced excellent by my companions. The service was friendly and efficient and the cafe was busy with locals- not so many visitors- but we still felt valued as customers. Coffee ok. Not great. I am fussy.
We bought a steak and mushroom pie and a box of scrummy cakes- the pie was the best I can remember tasting -chunky meat, moist and savoury. We heated it for lunch the next day and we made short work of the cakes too.