US$45
US$49
Hotels.com
US$67
  • Breakfast included
Casa Jose Maria Hotel(Morelia)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$37
Hotels.com
All reviewsspa servicesrestaurant staffnice hotelcouple of nightsconciergefireplacecitymexicozoopatzcuaroarchitecturecathedralfireworksfountainpatiocentro
Reviewed 25 February 2017

I spent three nights in the Historic Centro and the hotel I was at was too noisy. Another review suggested taking a break from the cars and commotion and staying here so I took their advice. The difference is amazing. I needed to rest and wanted a quiet day before driving to Patzcuaro and this was in that direction so I stopped in to see what rooms were available. Great decision. Super quiet, I was the only person at the pool and it was hot enough so the water temperature was perfect. You can use the phone and call the restaurant for drinks. Too tire to go out so ate at the restaurant and had a good meal. Easy to find above the zoo.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear ejs92;
We are pleased to know that Villa Montaña Hotel & Spa was the place where you found the atmosphere to rest and relax. Also, that you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool with the panoramic view of Morelia, and taste the gastronomy of our renowned Chef.
We hope to have you again as our guest and to live another memorable experience.

Cordially

Karla Valadez

Reviewed 8 February 2017

My husband and I stayed over the long holiday weekend in order to spend time with his family that lives in Morelia. The hotel is wonderful. We had a Jr. Suite which had a living area with chairs in front of a fireplace. The room also has a airconditioner that has cold air and hot air which is great as the nights get very cold. The restaurant was nice but we only had breakfast so I can't offer comments about the rest of the food. The staff was also very nice. It's a little tricky to find if you have a car and GPS but once you get there it's easy to find it the second time. For sure we'll be back and we'll stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieMoon
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Debbie,
On behalf of the Staff, we thank you so much for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a nice experience during your stay with us.
We will be more than glad to have you as our guest again and hope you have the oportunity to enjoy our cuisine.
Kind Regards,

Karla Valadez
gerencia@villamontana.com.mx

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Last night we spent the night in downtown Morelia in the centro Historico and we're less then impressed so last night I booked two nights here at the Villa Montana.
Upon the minute we arrived I noted that paying the little extra to stay at the Villa Montana was well worth it.
The attention to detail for the price is wonderful thing. The grounds are beautiful, the views breathtaking.
We were able to check in early which was nice since we wanted to put up our bags and explore Morelia. The room is beautiful with a large tub. Did I mention the bathrobes and the slippers? LOL!
Beautiful king size bed, fireplace in room, small sitting area just outside the front door. The staff friendly and extremely attentive. I've traveled all over Mexico and I have to tell you this is one the most beautiful hotels I've stayed at. Well enough of my going on and on about Villa Montana.
If you ever decide to come to Morelia don't waste your time or money staying anywhere else.
You will thank me later.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valdezmark
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Valdezmark
We are pleased to read reviews and comments as the ones you describe because they are very satisfactory and represent a commitment of all workers in Villa Mountaña Hotel & Spa to continue working on the details and service to make your stay a unique and memorable experience.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Sitting on a hill overlooking Morelia, every room is different. Comfortable, most with a real large fireplace, 2 armchairs and a table, a step up to the bedroom, large closet, and a huge bathroom that includes a bidet. I wanted to bring the bed home with me it was so comfortable. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff abound. A unique place.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

We are more than glad to know you had a nice Villa Montaña experience.
On behalf of the Staff we appreciate your comments and we hope to see you as our guest again in the near future.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2016

While the rest of the world rockets toward ruin, Villa Montana remains tranquil and beautiful. Perched on the mountainside overlooking Morelia, this magnificent hotel and its exquisite terrace gardens are famous throughout Mexico and among the well traveled world-wide. (We were in a fancy restaurant in Paris last year and overheard the table next to us talking about how wonderful was Villa Montana!) It was a Hollywood destination, back when Hollywood was glamourous. These days, Villa Montana hosts heads of state, CEOs, authors, artists, and informed travelers.

Rooms are divided among several bungalows scattered inside the walls of this villa, connected by mosaic brick paths leading through Italian cypress, exotic flowers, and citrus trees on which orchids grow.The entire property is meticulously maintained and artfully decorated. Examples of good Mexican art and some authentic Old World antiques are placed appropriately in the rooms and public areas.

Rooms are spacious and well decorated, and several of them have raised ceilings with brick domes. The beds are comfortable and the linens are good quality. This time, we stayed in the Presidential Suite, which we recommend enthusiastically. The view of Morelia from our private terrace was as spectacular as the view from the restaurant's own terrace.

The resaurant is the best we found in Morelia. We spent ten days, and tried every restaurant with good reviews, but the dining at Villa Montana surpassed them all. Mostly excellent service, the best quality of food, and the best drinks.

The spa also is excellent. Like the rest of the hotel, it is beautifully designed and tranquil. My relaxing massage was so refreshing, I booked a therapeutic massage, too, and plan to begin my next stay at Villa Montana with a visit to the spa.

We first came to Villa Montana 21 years ago to see the architecture in Morelia, and explore the area. Now we come to Morelia to go to Villa Montana.

Room Tip: Rooms with views of the city are nice, but you can enjoy the best view of the restaurant terrace or the Presidential Suite.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gilda-bebe
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

Dear Mrs. Gilda,
We are more than satisfied because of your comment, that’s what we work for every day. It is just so inspiring read this kind of opinions and to know that we got our main daily goal by giving the right measure of what we offer and this can be capable of fill your expectations so you can take a little of us and carry it with you to any place you go. Certainly, we love to take care of all our customers so every single one of them give us the honor of being their hosts every time they come to Morelia and may be as you said, come to Morelia only for be in Villa Montaña.

Thank you very much for your comment, we hope have you back soon with us.

Kind regards