“Traditional colonial Mexican Charm in Morelia”

Villa Montana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 67 Hotels in Morelia
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Thinking about visiting the Monarch Butterfly sanctuaries near Morelia? Then this is the place for you! The concierge will be happy to arrange a trip for you to see this remarkable miracle of nature.
High on a hill the 36 rooms are surrounded by quiet gardens, fountains and statuary. There is a pretty pool which is solar heated. I went swimming in February but, I'm from Chicago!
The dining room and patio have a glorious view of Morelia by day and night through contemporary glass doors. Service is smooth, elegant and professional. The menu has traditional Mexican favorites as well as American and continental favorites so your choice is sure to be a good one. Portions tend to be large. Do enjoy a really good margarita on the patio and watch the sun set. If you are luck you will be a guest on a Saturday night so you will see fireworks over the city.
The rooms have faded elegance but modern amenities; Wi-Fi, ac, tv, phones. The housekeepers are excellent; quiet and competent cleaners.
My compliments to the manager, the reservationists, dining staff and chef and housekeeping and maintenance.
Luckily we were in Morelia visiting the twin-towered cathedral when a pre-Easter parade passed by. Much like Mardi-Gras there was music, dancing, glittery floats of saints and devils and children and their families having a very jolly time. This parade will always be one of my favorite travel moments. I think you will enjoy a visit to Morelia too!

Room Tip: Room 123 had pleasant morning sunshine and a view of the city. Reservations are amenable to a room...
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank epdeitr
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Dear Epdeitr:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this beautiful review. We are pleased to know you have memorable moments of Morelia and your stay at Villa Montaña Hotel & Spa. Be assured that I will extend your words to the Staff who daily do their work with great attitude to make our guests have nice experiences like the one you describe.

Cordially,

Villa Montaña Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I spent three nights in the Historic Centro and the hotel I was at was too noisy. Another review suggested taking a break from the cars and commotion and staying here so I took their advice. The difference is amazing. I needed to rest and wanted a quiet day before driving to Patzcuaro and this was in that direction so I stopped in to see what rooms were available. Great decision. Super quiet, I was the only person at the pool and it was hot enough so the water temperature was perfect. You can use the phone and call the restaurant for drinks. Too tire to go out so ate at the restaurant and had a good meal. Easy to find above the zoo.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear ejs92;
We are pleased to know that Villa Montaña Hotel & Spa was the place where you found the atmosphere to rest and relax. Also, that you had the opportunity to enjoy the pool with the panoramic view of Morelia, and taste the gastronomy of our renowned Chef.
We hope to have you again as our guest and to live another memorable experience.

Cordially

Reviewed 8 February 2017

My husband and I stayed over the long holiday weekend in order to spend time with his family that lives in Morelia. The hotel is wonderful. We had a Jr. Suite which had a living area with chairs in front of a fireplace. The room also has a airconditioner that has cold air and hot air which is great as the nights get very cold. The restaurant was nice but we only had breakfast so I can't offer comments about the rest of the food. The staff was also very nice. It's a little tricky to find if you have a car and GPS but once you get there it's easy to find it the second time. For sure we'll be back and we'll stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieMoon
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2017

Dear Debbie,
On behalf of the Staff, we thank you so much for your comments. We are pleased to know that you had a nice experience during your stay with us.
We will be more than glad to have you as our guest again and hope you have the oportunity to enjoy our cuisine.
Kind Regards,

gerencia@villamontana.com.mx

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

Last night we spent the night in downtown Morelia in the centro Historico and we're less then impressed so last night I booked two nights here at the Villa Montana.
Upon the minute we arrived I noted that paying the little extra to stay at the Villa Montana was well worth it.
The attention to detail for the price is wonderful thing. The grounds are beautiful, the views breathtaking.
We were able to check in early which was nice since we wanted to put up our bags and explore Morelia. The room is beautiful with a large tub. Did I mention the bathrobes and the slippers? LOL!
Beautiful king size bed, fireplace in room, small sitting area just outside the front door. The staff friendly and extremely attentive. I've traveled all over Mexico and I have to tell you this is one the most beautiful hotels I've stayed at. Well enough of my going on and on about Villa Montana.
If you ever decide to come to Morelia don't waste your time or money staying anywhere else.
You will thank me later.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valdezmark
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2017

Dear Valdezmark
We are pleased to read reviews and comments as the ones you describe because they are very satisfactory and represent a commitment of all workers in Villa Mountaña Hotel & Spa to continue working on the details and service to make your stay a unique and memorable experience.
We hope you will give us the opportunity to be your host again.
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Sitting on a hill overlooking Morelia, every room is different. Comfortable, most with a real large fireplace, 2 armchairs and a table, a step up to the bedroom, large closet, and a huge bathroom that includes a bidet. I wanted to bring the bed home with me it was so comfortable. Clean, very friendly and helpful staff abound. A unique place.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
VillaMontana, General Manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2017

We are more than glad to know you had a nice Villa Montaña experience.
On behalf of the Staff we appreciate your comments and we hope to see you as our guest again in the near future.
Kind Regards,