US$111
US$123
US$41
US$40
US$111
Casa Jose Maria Hotel(Morelia)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$38
All reviewsspa servicesrestaurant staffnice hotelcouple of nightsconciergefireplacecitymexicozoopatzcuaroarchitecturecathedralfireworksfountainpatiocentro
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Just got back from a back in time experience in a top of the line hotel with a well-kept 1800's architecture balanced with all the modern comfort and amenities.
It is nestled in top of a hill with an awesome view of Morelia.
You can walk along paths surrounded by trees and vegetation.
Food was also excellents with well balanced ingredients and flavors.
Rooms elegant and cozy.
And best of all: the people from the gardener to the hotel manager.
Well, now I have to get back to the future.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
VillaMontana, operations manager at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

It will be a pleasure to offer you a unique experience like ours, we hope your early visit

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This was a luxurious and beautifully-located hotel with fine service and food. Not many guests but all the better if you prefer serenity. My only regret is we could only spent one night there and did not have enough time to explore the area

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Villa Montaña gladly opens its doors so that on their next visit they have the opportunity to relax for longer, it is our commitment to offer our clients a unique experience.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

We decided to treat my partners parents to a nice hotel on our trip to Morelia. The hotel is really pretty, the room sumptuous and facilities are of a good standard. We booked a room on Bookings.com for 2 adults and 2 children. Considering we had paid a high price (> $4500 breakfast not inc.) for this room we expected a high quality service.

When we arrived in the room there was no extra bed for the kids. On calling reception they told us that we either had to pay an extra supplement of $550 Mxn or sleep all together in one bed. Obviously this was very annoying, after discussing with the receptionist for some time it was decided that this price would be wavered.

The room was really pretty, open fire for the winter nights, a terrace (but no outside chairs), a separate lounge and a huge bed. The pillows were uncomfortably thick, they looked nice on the bed but not to sleep on. The bathroom was clean and tastefully decorated. The addition of a nespresso machine and fresh fruit was a nice touch.

After returning from dinner after a long day we were really looking forward to a good sleep, it was not to be however. There is a Salon de Fiesta in the barrio just behind the villa we stayed in. The bass from the loud speaker was enough to rattle the window panes. I’m not exaggerating, it was horrendous. Neither of us could sleep until well after 3am. So so disappointing, especially for the price of this room.

We decided to have breakfast in the hotel but ordered a la carte as we are not big on breakfast. This was obviously a disappointment to the staff, their service was quite surly if not a little rude. However everything that we asked for was to a good standard. The kids especially enjoyed the hot cakes and said they were better than mine, with really Maple which is very rare here in Mexico.

The kids used the swimming pool although it was a bit fresh unsurprisingly for the end of October, but it was climatized. Towels were provided poolside.

Checkout was quick and the receptionist was pleasant and very honest. She didn’t try to fob us off with any excuses, which was appreciated. All in all, a nice hotel but not value for money which was a real shame. I would only stay in this hotel again if I was planning to use the facilities for the whole stay, it’s not a place to stay to lay your head for the night.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Stayed recently for 6 nights. The grounds and the art are beautiful. It also has one of the best spas I have seen. I liked being away from centro--quieter. The rooms are a bit dated but still very nice and spacious. A word about the staff--the restaurant was outstanding--as good as I have seen anywhere and I have traveled quite a bit. I would give them 5 plus stars. I cannot say the same for the reception area. I am frankly giving the hotel 5 stars in spite of the reception staff--a bad combination of rude and unhelpful. If you have questions or problems about anything rely on restaurant staff--particularly Leo as noted in other reviews.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank pjmiiim
VillaMontana, Gerente at Villa Montana Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time of writing your comments about your experience. Please make your that we have already worked with the front desk staff and given feed back in order to improve the quality service. I am sure this unfortunate moment will not happen again and hoping that you give us the opportunity to have you as our guest in the near future.
Cordially,

Karla Valadez

Reviewed 17 May 2017

This hotel is about 30 years old and in a gorgeous locale with a view over the town of Morelia. The outdoor spaces are lovely although I found the unheated pool a bit too chilly for my tastes, in late April. My room was large and comfortable, but so dark that even with all curtains open and all lights switched on, I had difficulty seeing navy blue and brown items in my suitcase. The bathroom was long and narrow and smelled faintly of mildew. The staff were polite, friendly, tried to be helpful but not always successfully. For example, I had difficulty accessing internet from my room and although tech support was came to my room twice to help, I had troubles getting online all weekend except when I went to the main "lobby..." a real pain when I wanted to check my emails late at night and I was already in my pyjamas. Overall, nice and I was glad to be away from the hub-bub of the town's centre, but nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo