All reviews feather pillows top of the line interior room lovely hotel room service rooftop bar old world charm within walking distance historic building the location is perfect air conditioning other hotels comfortable beds bells balcony suite fireworks
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Los Juaninos has a beautiful historic building looking out on the cathedral in centro historico Morelia. Our room was large, and had an interior courtyard archway door/window. Room 109. Since we were super tired from a trip and hikes across the countryside, it was nice to have an interior relatively quiet room, for naps and early bedtime. The staff members were very helpful and were able to assist when my Spanish failed. The room was very clean, spacious and well appointed. The bedding was plentiful and super soft cotton duvets etc. with feather pillows and extra blankets bagged in the closet. While you do hear some noise from the plaza (3 Kings festival this weekend), and from the room next door, it was much less than the other hotels where we stayed. Pack earplugs or play some music if this is a concern. Azotea restaurant on the roof level was fantastic as well, with a very diverse menu. We fell into the room service habit our first day, which was a huge mistake, as the restaurant was top notch and the entree choices were much more diverse at the restaurant, and it has a fabulous view of the cathedral. While this hotel cost twice as much as our stay at Hotel Casa de Anticuario, it was worth it at the end of our trip. That hotel is more quaint and has hands-on service. This one is more comfortable, elegant, clean and secure.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

DO NOT STAY at this hotel unless you want to be kept awake every night by the Mariachi bands playing all night in front of the hotel. Very loud trumpets and singing with no thought of guests trying to sleep.
When I phoned reception at 5.30 am after 4 nights of this awful music, the manager made no attempt to send the band away.
REALLY disappointing for our family and friends who had paid good money to stay here.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank Judith5555
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Hotel Los Juaninos is a "Tesoros" rated hotel. This type of rating is top of the line in Mexico. It is located in a historic building that is right across the street from the Cathedral in Morelia. I had an interior room. The rooms have high ceilings, wooden floors, tile bathrooms, beamed ceilings, a ceiling fan and a circular desk. There is a restaurant on the 2nd floor, but I didn't eat there. It was very quiet at night. I enjoyed my visit so much I booked it for a trip next year! The location is perfect. It is within walking distance to many historic sites, churches and musuems.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 17 May 2017

The hotel had great spacious rooms, comfortable beds, and big bathroom. Yes the bells do wake you up the first night every half an hour, starting at 6 am, but the 2nd night you kind of forget that or maybe they become part of your dreams. The hotel has a nice historic touch to it.
Restaurant on top offers a good breakfast and even better dinner. Roof top bar is even better with the lit up views of the Cathedral and side streets. Great Service!
Saturday nights at 8:45 pm: fireworks at the Cathedral , don´t miss them!

Room Tip: Ask for view to the Catedral, simply beautiful
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

The location was great. Right in front of the Cathedral and in walking distance from a lot of sites to visit. It felt like 100 churches within 10 minutes walking. The bell boys where really helpfull with tours and activities around the hotel. I was in Morelia for business and with such many things around, my wife was able to do and know the area while I was away. The area felt very safe.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business