Villa San Jose Hotel & Suites
US$62
Orbitz.com
All reviewspool arealovely hotelfireplacecitydowntown
Reviewed 16 July 2017

This is a charming hotel on the hillside above downtown Morelia. Easy cab ride to the Zocalo.
There are several buildings located around beautifully kept gardens. Breakfast is served in a large restaurant with views over the city. There's a small outdoor terrace off the restaurant which is a lovely place for a drink in the evening to enjoy the city lights.
Our room had a comfortable queen bed, small table and chair, fireplace and good bathroom with shower. Coffee maker in the room as well.
The fireplace was wonderful in the evening as it can get cold in January! Staff came and set it up and even lit it and we went to sleep with the warm glow from the dying embers.

We had a view out to the gardens but some units do have full city views. This was our second stay as we have friends we visit in Morelia and I expect we may be back next year.
Staff are friendly and efficient. There is some English spoken though it helps to speak basic Spanish as this hotel seems to have mostly Mexican families. There is a nice looking pool area but we've never had time to use the pool.

If you want a hotel that's a short ride from the downtown core with great rates, good breakfast (wide range of buffet options, both Mexican and other and also fresh cooked eggs to order) and helpful staff then you should look at the Villas San Jose.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

My review is based solely on my experience at the restaurant.
Although I did not stay at this beautiful hotel, I had dinner here.
The setting is breathtaking. You have the city of Morelia literally at your feet.
The restaurant is also very beautiful as well as an impeccable service.
I will give this restaurant the benefit of doubt because the food I ordered was OK but I was expecting a much better flavor. It is good but average.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

Great service and a Spectacular view of Morelia city.
The rooms need a little hand but they are better than many, price-value perfect.
That have a couple of things that can improve but honestly you can pass them.
Nice gardens, yoga classes, nice pool, free parking and chimneys in your room.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

it's a nice hotel with a nice view.half the lights in our room didn't work, internet didn't work most of the time. we asked for someone to come check the lights in our room and they didn't send anyone, they didn't offer to change our room either. The sheets were stained. the view from our room was a wall... and we had come to this hotel for the view. The bathroom stank. The food in the restaurant was not at all good and the service very slow.

Stayed: March 2016
1  Thank Sylvia G
Reviewed 25 February 2015

My sister stayed here before and wanted to stay there when we went to Morelia to sell our parents home there. Not only is the place very quiet and the grounds are beautiful, the staff were the most helpful I have ever encountered any place in the world. We ran into banking problems and the hotel manager helped us with that.
I loved falling asleep with a fire in the fireplace in the room. The food in the restaurant was very good except maybe the Sunday brunch. A lot of strange foods that I didn't what they were. I can not say enough about how much I loved our stay there.

Room Tip: All of the rooms have some kind of view of the cathedral and downtown.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business