See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Estuve hospedado en este hotel por segunda ocasion, (no supieron reconocerme como huesped repetitivo), sin embargo la habitacion que me fue asignada fue magnifica era enorme, y en muy buena ubicacion, definitivamente les recomendaria tener mas opciones en el menu de room service asi como mejorar el sabor de los alimentos.

Muchas gracias a casa de la loma por una estancia tranquila y acogedora

Room tip: high floor with citu view are gorgeous!
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Christian T
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is a very nice hotel converted and expanded from a home, on a hillside overlooking Morelia. The view itself isn't that interesting but the hotel is very pretty with very nice rooms. Some of them are huge! I was in a "garden side" room which was very nice (with an accessablity issue - there were steps down to the closet and bathroom), but kind of dark since the sliding doors face the hillside. The air conditioning didn't work so I was eventually given a room across the hall that was gigantic, with a fireplace and a picture window facing the city. I could've had a party with 20 people there! There are rooms perched up on the hillside which are very nice, romantic and quite large as well. And there is a restaurant on a patio. I was there for a wedding that was held there and the reception was held in the restaurant.
There are no amenities like pool, fitness center, or business center. but several guests used a gym a short ways away. We walked down the hill to the main street and took cabs and minivans around town. We also walked a great deal.

Room tip: Ask for a city facing room, not a hillside room - you get the view a a LOT of light.
Date of stay: June 2011
5  Thank jeleavitt
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This is not your typical hotel. it's very boutique, very small, attentive staff although sometimes a little slow considering how few guests they actually have.

The views of Morelia are fantastic with a nice little terrace to sit on. It's a few blocks from a main road which you can hear most of the time, but in this case it feels more like character than anything else.

They have a large breakfast menu with a traditional flavour.

The rooms and bathrooms are large and decorated very traditionally and upmarket.

If you are visiting Morelia this is a great hotel away from the city centre in which to relax

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank AndyHopz
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My family of 6 (all adults) stayed at this hotel for 4 nights for my oldest son's wedding, which was also held there. The rooms are large and well appointed, with air conditioning if you want it on. No bath tubs, but large showers. The city view rooms are nicer than the garden view only because they are more light filled during the day. The garden views open to a lovely patio, but the hillside blocks the sun on that side while the city view, which is also nice, has full sun. The dining room and dining patio are very nice, but we only ate breakfast and the wedding meal there. It is a mile and half or so to the historic center of town, we walked it or took colectivos (minibuses that pick up and drop off passengers along their route for 6 pesos ($.60) a person. I think the rooms were about $100/night with either two doubles or a king sized bed. My son and daughter in law had a HUGE room with a balcony that sat up higher on the hillside. It cost more, but would be worth it if you planned on sitting out an reading or lounging. I don't think there is a pool.

Room tip: Ask for city view room. Worth the extra $.
Date of stay: June 2011
3  Thank 8,013
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Wanting to avoid the downtown area this time, my wife and I opted for a quiet place away from the hustle & bustle of Morelia and we found it.
Casa de la Loma is a Mexican style, small, botique hotel (it is rated a "Tesoro" resort). It is pinned on a mountainside overlooking the city about 10 minutes by taxicab to downtown.
Our room was very pleasant, heating system worked perfectly (it was still the rainy season and therefore cool). The small restaurant excelled on all counts and were greeted everyday by the owner/operator. My wife enjoyed a massage in the special room set aside for it.
Casa sits in an old suburban neighborhood that offered little to us so we used taxicabs several times to get about.
Casa needs to make a computer available 24/7 for internet communication altho I was graciously allowed to use an administrative desktop a couple of times.
Best if you speak some Spanish, engage non-U.S. cultures, and do not expect Holiday Inn environment.
P.S. We heard dogs barking for a few minutes only once.

Date of stay: October 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Sinsal