Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews boat trip outdoor shower infinity pool paradise on earth price you pay special thanks won t many thanks beautiful beach lunch and dinner unforgettable experience other islands long beach local village seafood perfect balance relaxing stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

The first week of January I brought my mother to the island, as a surprise Christmas present, and she nearly cried as we approached on the boat. You can feel right away that you are arriving somewhere special. The huts and the restaurant/pool area blend into the landscape perfectly and the island Is the star. I should also mention that the staff who handles the airport are fantastic and accommodating.

Eric’s warm and personal greeting really sets the tone for the stay. I only wish it hadn’t been necessary for him to depart the island not long after we arrived. His presence does elevate the feel of the place. That being said everything was still 5 star!

If you have knowledge of the design or hospitality business, you can appreciate how difficult it is to create seamlessly simple experience. And Awei Pila achieves it brilliantly. There’s no bling and flash to detract from the serious business of lounging at the pool or floating in the ocean. The food is simple but delicious, with fresh baked bread at every meal. It is obvious that the goal is to reduce importation and wastage, part of true sustainability. And all items might not always be available-but it is an island!

The staff had the perfect balance of attention, without hovering, and we enjoyed their sunny personalities.

Of course-this is Asia-and unfortunately, at this time in Asian development, the seas have more trash floating than other destinations around the world. My mom and I picked up a lot of trash daily, and I do think the staff could be a little more proactive and thorough in this one aspect. But it did not diminish our overall experience, and we did not mind so much helping out.

In the end, we were so sad to leave this quiet island paradise. But we left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

It was a trip that will last fondly in our memories forever.

Trip type: Travelled with family
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Archblonde,

It is an absolute pleasure reading your positive review. We are delighted to know you think so highly of our beautiful Burmese inspired resort and the service you received.
The entire team will be thrilled to know that they have contributed positively to your experience and were recognized by you.

We appreciate your feedback & your suggestion about the trash on the beach for us to consider.

We would be very happy to welcome you back soon again!

Reviewed 18 January 2020 via mobile

I‘ve been traveling in Myanmar in January 2020 for 3 weeks, and after exhausting journey from north to south I was looking for a nice 4-day chill near the ocean. And Awei Pila is exactly what I was searching for!!! Bungalow is fancy and well-equipped, stuff is very friendly and helpful. Special thanks to Eric, Philippine, master chef Paolo (food is delicious) and special thanks to Dive Boss - Antonio, I don’t know any more reliable person in the world to whom I can trust my life in the underwater world!)))))

Many thanks, Andrey

Dear levin2k

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed an amazing stay in our Mergui-Archipelago, inspired paradise and left with fond memories.
The team you mention in your review will be thrilled to receive your praising comments.

We hope to have the great pleasure to welcome you soon again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2020

Resort surrounded in the nature, wonderful.
Very professional and kindly staff, who satisfied all my requests.
Excellent food, and having had the pleasure too met chef Paolo, treated me like I was at home.
Staff at the lobby very prepared and organized.
I will be back again .

Date of stay: November 2019
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2020

Dear U1764BXclaudiov,

Thank you very much for your positive review and rating. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your vacation . Thank you for mentioning Chef Paolo who will be thrilled to receive your personal recognition. Please rest assured he will be appreciated for his efforts. We hope to welcome you back soon again!

Reviewed 12 January 2020

スピードボートでコータウンの港から1時間半、海が綺麗でないわけがありません。ボート代は3日以上泊まれば宿泊代に含まれます。
食事は陽気なイタリア人シェフが監修しており、昼と夜はコースで好きな料理を選ぶスタイル。要望に応じて材料があれば他のものを作ってくれたりもします。子供達はシェフのパスタが大のお気に入りでした。
海はホテルのビーチからでも魚がたくさんいます。アクティビティはダイビングやボートを借りるもの以外はインクルーシブなのでスノーケリングセットも無料で貸してくれます。釣りが楽しめればなお良かったです。
泊まるところはコテージとテントですが、大人はやはりコテージがいいです。両方とてもお洒落ですが、テントは少し暑いです。子供達はテントで楽しみました。
漁村へのトレッキングも道中はハードですが良い機会でした。漁村や他の村から流れるゴミが残念でしたが、これはミャンマーどこでもそうなので仕方ないです。ホテルの周辺はとても綺麗に清掃されてます。
値段は高いですが、全てを忘れてゆったりするのに最高の環境です。

Takes 1 and half hour from jetty to this hotel. Boat cost will be free if you stay over 3 nights.
Rooms were very close to beach and very luxury.
Foods were arranged by Italian chef and he is very nice guy. He can cook also pasta which is not mentioned in menu based on kids requirement and kitchen's availability. Every day there is a course menu and we can choose one out from two or three. There is no buffet, but it was also good to relax.
Beach is very clean, sand is very soft and white. We could see many fishes when we do the snorkeling from hotel beach.
Basic activities (like rent a kayak and snorkeling sets etc) and foods, basic drink including alcohol are inclusive in stay fee, which is also very nice. However, we it was better if we could enjoy fishing as well in this great sea.
All staffs were very nice, friendly.
We enjoyed also tracking to the local seaman's village. Very sad when we saw a lot of garbage in beautiful beach. Hope local people will understand those garbage handling in near future.
Kids stayed in tent site which was also great and luxury.

Date of stay: January 2020
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear KeisukeO70,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to know that you left with happy memories of your first stay in Awei Pila and that you appreciated our beautiful resort, the beach, the free activities and especially the food proposed in our dining dining venue
I take very seriously your note and your comment regarding the Fisherman Village and will discuss with the chief of it to help and clean up the beach.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Warmest regards

Reviewed 10 January 2020 via mobile

Resort is a remote paradise with beautiful beach and charming beachfront villas are spotless clean. We were very pleased by kind and professional burmese staff (especially KO), and enjoyed our 6n relaxing stay thanks to them, the surrounding and free upgrade.

The menu is set up every day. However, breakfast was very poor compared to other resorts in Myanmar, but we really liked super fresh seafood for lunch and dinner. The chef is Italian, so I guess a lot of guests appreciate western cuisine. However, we didn’t like there is absolutely no local cuisine (ketchupy fried noodles and black pepper tasteless mohinga) and lack of typical asian flavor. Moreover paying $800/night and getting frozen vegetables fried rice, or old bread was kind of disappointing.

But the main downside for us was the westerners staff. In the beginning nothing was explained to us (e.g. what is included in our stay, when is breakfast, lunch, dinner, who is responsible for what etc.) and we felt little bit left out. Even simple tasks like payment (they almost let us paid more) or departing itinerary was not explained in advace as we asked. After the GM left, nobody and everybody was in charge. Abolute amateurism was when we discussed our flight change due to early boat leaving with a French girl Philipine and she didn’t even reached us with the result, but moreover she was avoiding us next day and didn’t even say hello. The goal was when it was said to us the cook is in charge... all in one we couldn’t get rid of feeling that the overall management there, is not good and people working there are not happy and feel like they’re trapped in a paradise.

I have to say for this money you will get better service in Maldives. But once you’re in Myanmar and looking for special place, definitely go for it, maybe they will improve the communication, or at least let Burmese staff do their job without a need to employ below average management from Europe.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2020

Dear Michaela2888,

Thank you very much for sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community. It is unfortunate to read your review, especially regarding the expatriate Management team. I have informed my team to get in contact with you directly and to give you my email address.
We will definitely analyse the service flow, and make sure to improve all shortfalls. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations.
Nonetheless, I still hope you will reconsider, as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back to our resort.
I wish you a Happy New Year 2020.