Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Priceline
All reviews boat trip outdoor shower infinity pool paradise on earth price you pay special thanks won t many thanks beautiful beach lunch and dinner unforgettable experience other islands long beach local village seafood perfect balance relaxing stay
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 March 2020 via mobile

The stay at awei pila resort was just Amazing. All the people working there were perfect.
Everyone help us When we needed (covid19 for Going back home safely). We had the honor to cook with the chef, great moment for sure.

I really recommand you to go there. Believe me you wont be disappointed.

Jordan & Margot

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2020

Dear jordanmR2722NS

Thank you very much for your wonderful review about your recent stay with us.
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed a relaxing trip. Our team members will be thrilled to hear that you praised them.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2020

A selfish part of me would love to keep this little gem to myself but I realize how unfair that would be to the team of the Awei Pila that so selflessly pampered us at this truly magnificient resort. The sand and the water were Maldivian in beauty but what sets this apart was that the staff was the best that I have ever encountered from Eric the GM to Philippine, Antonio, Mitch, Muimui and the many others who silently and smiling anticipated and met our every wish. ALso the island is much bigger than the Maldivian resorts I have been to with local tribes, hikes and many many other things to do. Well done team Awei Pila and I shall be back soon. Much love

Date of stay: January 2020
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear anujmalhotra99

I would like to thank you for posting your kind review. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Awei Pila was created to deliver a place of serenity, allowing our guests to reconnect with nature and with themselves. We feel privileged to witness this with our guests.

I will cascade your compliments with the team and specially the team members that you gently remembered, as they all work very hard to ensure the wellbeing of our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

My wife and I have just returned from a 5 day holiday at Awei Pila. We are a well traveled couple but this was probably the most exquisite beach holiday we have had so far! Everything was just perfect: a beautiful private island, miles of fine white sand beaches all to ourselves, turquoise mesmerizing sea, chic accommodation, infinity pool, snorkeling (including right of the shore) and diving with abundance of marine life and some beautiful colorful corals, 5 star fine dinning, spa, etc. At Awei Pila you get a personalized experience without being annoyed. As many reviewers commented, the professional and caring staff is at the center of this experience. I won’t mention their names just to avoid a risk of missing someone as everyone was amazing from the management to chef and all working at the restaurant, from the dive shop to entertainment crew, from spa to housekeeping, etc, etc.

Let me also acknowledge efforts the resort is putting to support sustainability, including expanding solar power supply, installing water treatment plant, investing in corral nursery and preservation, planning a recycling plant, supporting local community of Moken nomadic people who still roam the sea, and trying to educate some of the ignorant guests who still insist on getting plastic bottles despite availability of water coolers and clean, treated spring water.

Thanks again for providing us with such unique and unforgettable experience. We hope to be back.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Dear gevs2014

I would like to thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Awei Pila was created to deliver a place of serenity, allowing our guests to reconnect with nature and with themselves. We feel privileged to witness this with our guests, thank you for sharing.
I will on my side share your compliments with the team and specially the team members that you gently remembered, as they all work very hard to ensure the wellbeing of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again on our secret Paradise.

Reviewed 9 February 2020

We originally planned 6 nights, which would have been already good enough to keep Awei Pila among the very best "beach island resort" places we've been.

The island is extremely beautiful, including fantastic desert beaches close to the resort (like Long Beach accessible by boat or short trekking), and the resort offers plenty of side activities which make everyday different. Staff is friendly and responsive and makes everything possible to satisfy demands. Very good food (especially fresh seafood) and facilities makes every hour of being in Awei Pila a real happiness.

But beyond all this, the real bonus of Awei Pila lies in its reasonable size and the possibility for Eric and its staff to bring a real personal touch. Being residents in Shanghai, we had the Coronavirus crisis as a red wire during our stay and received great personal and logistic support to help us making the right decisions about our return.
Finally we postponed our departure by almost a week and at the end, we realised how short would have been our original 6 nights !

Special thanks to Eric for our long talks during lunch and dinner, to Philippine who supported in the struggle of rebooking tickets, the "special cocktail" maker at the bar, to the Chief for the seafood, and to Mitch for the surf coaching session that our sun will certainly remember for long.

We left the island with true emotion. Our stay at Awei Pila echoes now as paradise in our memory.

Sophie, Frederic and Victor

Date of stay: February 2020
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2020

Dear Sophie, Frederic and Victor,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with family and left with fond memories of our beautiful resort.

Our friendly and helpful team members will be very happy to know that they contributed to enhancing your experience further.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you soon you again in our little Paradise. You are members of "The Awei Pila Family".

Reviewed 20 January 2020 via mobile

The first week of January I brought my mother to the island, as a surprise Christmas present, and she nearly cried as we approached on the boat. You can feel right away that you are arriving somewhere special. The huts and the restaurant/pool area blend into the landscape perfectly and the island Is the star. I should also mention that the staff who handles the airport are fantastic and accommodating.

Eric’s warm and personal greeting really sets the tone for the stay. I only wish it hadn’t been necessary for him to depart the island not long after we arrived. His presence does elevate the feel of the place. That being said everything was still 5 star!

If you have knowledge of the design or hospitality business, you can appreciate how difficult it is to create seamlessly simple experience. And Awei Pila achieves it brilliantly. There’s no bling and flash to detract from the serious business of lounging at the pool or floating in the ocean. The food is simple but delicious, with fresh baked bread at every meal. It is obvious that the goal is to reduce importation and wastage, part of true sustainability. And all items might not always be available-but it is an island!

The staff had the perfect balance of attention, without hovering, and we enjoyed their sunny personalities.

Of course-this is Asia-and unfortunately, at this time in Asian development, the seas have more trash floating than other destinations around the world. My mom and I picked up a lot of trash daily, and I do think the staff could be a little more proactive and thorough in this one aspect. But it did not diminish our overall experience, and we did not mind so much helping out.

In the end, we were so sad to leave this quiet island paradise. But we left feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.

It was a trip that will last fondly in our memories forever.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
AweiPila1, General Manager at Awei Pila, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Archblonde,

It is an absolute pleasure reading your positive review. We are delighted to know you think so highly of our beautiful Burmese inspired resort and the service you received.
The entire team will be thrilled to know that they have contributed positively to your experience and were recognized by you.

We appreciate your feedback & your suggestion about the trash on the beach for us to consider.

We would be very happy to welcome you back soon again!