“Excellent food and excellent service”
Review of El Nene

El Nene
Price range: US$5 - US$14
Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary, International, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gran variedad de alimentos, mariscos, cortes de carne, ensaladas, chop suey, chile relleno, hamburguesas, tacos y más
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When I stayed in Puerto Escondido I ate here nearly every night. The food is great, fresh and full of flavour and the service was polite and friendly. Really enjoyed going to this restaurant.

AndresB2113, Propietario at El Nene, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ayodele,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed eating at El Nene almost every night of your stay at Puerto Escondido, wow! Thank you for choosing us so often.
Our goal is to keep offering you a very pleasant experience.
Come back again next time you visit Puerto!

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Came in for a few mezcal shots and wound up chatting with the owner and bartenders who were super informative about the local and out sourced mezcals. We smelled what was coming out the kitchen So we stayed for food and it was great. We are here for a few days and will be back for sure.

AndresB2113, Propietario at El Nene, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2018

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your support by writing this review.
It's our luck to meet you and share our love for mezcal, local culture and environment.
We hope to see you at El Nene soon and hopefully you will taste something new that will make your tastebuds sing!

Reviewed 26 September 2018

On our first visit to this restaurant we had a pitcher of sangria and mahi mahi sashimi, garlic mushrooms, and mussels in white wine sauce followed by carmel crepes and some mescal. My wife and I vowed to return as we were impressed by both the service and the food. Tonight was our second visit and our experience was even better. Our server, Juan Paolo, who served us on our previous visit, was attentive and informative making appropriate recommendations to our choices. We indulged in the garlic mushrooms and the mussels again which we found even more flavourful than last time. Arturo outdid himself with my mahi mahi entree and my wife's baja style fish tacos had her in 7th heaven. Dessert was the Panna Cotta which was the perfect light finish to a delightful meal. I would recommend this restaurant highly as the atmosphere is intimate yet open, the service is attentive without being intrusive and I loved the choice of background music.

Dear Passenger817096:

Thank you so much for such a detailed and lovely comment.
Juan Pablo, Arturo and Roberto really enjoy the work they do.

Please come again to let us pamper you with our music, atmosphere, service, food and drinks.

In October, we will delight you with new monthly dishes that will hopefully be as good as the mahi mahi bajaTacos, !

It is a pleasure to make you happy!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

We were looking for something to eat after a day of being at the beach and walked past this place without knowing what to expect. We tried the tacos Baja and they were delicious. Fish was perfectly cooked accompanied with a mayonnaise salsa with free nachos on the side to start. A little bit pricier than what you would find on the street but very reasonable considering the quality and proximity to Carrizalillo beach. The local beers are also sold here and are delicious. Highly recommend if you’re in the area!

Andres B, Propietario at El Nene, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear Michelle:
Thank you so much for your comment. We hope to be able to serve you again soon. Perhaps you will try some of the other delicious dishes that Arturo prepares with care.
May you always be happy and well!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Guys, I’ve been coming to Puerto for 12 years and I just want to say I just ate the most wonderful tostada with atún and fish tacos!! The service is spectacular, the micheladas are so tasty and the mezcal is just the cherry on top of it all. Don’t pass El Nene by...btw I came here 2 years ago and I ate the best fish tacos and this time it was even better.

Wow, Erin! Thank you immensely for your words, and for having eaten at our restaurant. I will tell Arturo, our cook, that he has improved his already wonderful skills in the last couple of years, and Pollo, the waiter, that you considered his service spectacular. The bar- tender, Roberto will certainly be glad to know that you noticed his magic in your micheladas.
I hope that you come back soon and maybe try our delicious white wine mussels!