“Lovely Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 14 March 2018

Had the set menu at lunchtime. More than enough to eat and very good service, food excellent as usual

Write a ReviewReviews (1,128)

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I went with my friend last Monday and we had the 3 course set menu, the food was delicious and the service was Great, I liked it so much I returned the next night with my husband for his birthday meal, it was just as good and I tried the kir royal too, as not driving that night, it was wonderful. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

we went here to celebrate my partners birthday (although we did not tell the restaurant), we last visited in January for my birthday, unfortunately this time the food was not up to the standard as last time. His soup was bland and my main was very chewy.

The service was fantastic especially Hayleigh who is a credit to the business. We choose from the special midweek menu two courses for £26.50. It is a lovely place a bit out of the way but this time the food was not worth the trip. Perhaps this was because it was quite busy. We are going to give it a miss for a while.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We went as a group just before Christmas. Food was beautifully cooked and served. The restaurant is quite expensive but for special occasions and if you live fish, you really cannot beat it.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

If you want celebrate a special birthday then Smiths is the place. We went on a Sunday for my daughters 40th birthday, with 3 generations of the family attending. The menu was extensive and interesting and if you like beautifully cook food especially fish then you will not be disappointed. They were very flexible and we had a main course served as a starter for us all. It was a medley of cold shell fish served on ice featuring a large dressed crab, all served in a sloping round dish. Perfect for sharing,as some of us only wanted a very small starter so you could take just what you wanted.
They were flexible on the menu to as on wanted a starter instead of a main course and another want a different sauce and I changed my mind at short notice from roast beef to skate. As you can guess the service was excellent, although very busy, and nothing to much trouble. We all had a great time and considering what we had, the cost although not cheap, was worth every penny. This is a quality restaurant, where you are made to feel very welcome.