“Returning to my home in paradise, if the subtleonly for a while...”
Review of Casa Candiles Inn

Casa Candiles Inn
Ranked #1 of 11 Ixtapa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2016

I don't exaggerate when I call Casa Candiles Inn my home in paradise. As soon as I step through the door, I feel like I never left. I will admit, I delight in looking for the subtle (and not so subtle) changes that Roberto has made since my last visit. I am beginning to lose track of the number of times I have visited this hidden gem, the best kept secret in Ixtapa! I visited during the second week of November and realized that it had been too long since my last vacation in Mexico. I was greeted by Roberto and Miguel as if I had never left and welcomed as if it were truly my home. As I write this review, I cannot help but wonder how they are doing and what new surprises they will have for my next visit. I was privileged to be the second guest to stay in the renovated Soleado Suite. The changes are amazing and it has become my favorite room in the casa. I think I will have to give Roberto a call and see how things are looking for a visit in the Spring...

Room Tip: Look at the Casa Candiles website. You will see how each room differs and accommodates any traveler...
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Jerry S

Reviewed 3 April 2015

Our 3 day stay at Casa Candiles in February last year was a travel highlight for us, so we booked for 7 days at the end of March this year.

Absence definitely makes the heart grow fonder but the downside can be that things change. With this in mind we were very anxious when we got off the bus and tippy-toed down Paseo de Las Golondrinas. Supposing Miguel is no longer there? What if Roberto no longer makes the world's best Cuba Libre?

Of course, our worries were unfounded! As soon as the front door swung open and we received the warmest of welcomes from Roberto and Miguel we knew that it was Paradise Unchanged.

We had a week of perfect weather enjoying the beautiful pool and garden in this incredible oasis, Roberto's breakfasts, the gracious company of him and Miguel, safe in the knowledge that some things never change.

One of the highlights was a day's outing to the ruins at La Chole and the town of Petatlan in the company of Juan Carlos Garcia, a wonderful guide and driver. I highly recommend him; he is very knowledgeable, speaks good English, and is very involved in and committed to the preservation and restoration of La Chole. He can be reached at 755-114-2937.

Thank you Roberto and Miguel for another priceless vacation.

John and Mardie

Room Tip: Choose the Candiles Suite (#1). It has a lovely balcony and, although on the road side of the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2015

Sharing a drink by the pool or eating one of Bob's premiere breakfasts, its all a delight. Every piece of decor, every lovely night and every swim is enhanced by the ambiance and care given to guests.

Room Tip: The largest room is fabulous with its own balcony, tv and lounge. But each one is a designers dream...
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Roberto-innkeeper, Owner at Casa Candiles Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2015

As always we appreciate your special thoughts and continued patronage of Casa Candiles Inn.

Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

Our stay at this beautiful bed and breakfast exceeded our expectations. The service and surroundings exceeded even a 5 star hotel. Each morning we woke up to a gourmet breakfast in a topical oasis. Roberto created a unique abode that was both luxurious and comfortable. We spent our days lounging around the pool fully enjoying the surroundings. We were constantly entertained by Roberto's witty repartee. He helped in making our stay in Ixtapa enjoyable. We appreciated all that Miguel and Roberto did to make our vacation a memorable one!

• Stayed: February 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and others. I am glad that we met your expectations for your holiday.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Casa Candiles offers a special retreat very different from the all-inclusive manic, competitive, mediocre. At Casa Candiles you are treated as though you truly matter, and it is genuine on the part of the owner and his staff.
Breakfasts were three course, varied menus for each of the ten days we stayed. The owner is attentive to food allergies and dislikes, taking pride in making the experience special for each guest.
The gardens are both manicured and natural, offering something for everyone. The rooms are spacious, each different, each charming in a special way. We stayed in room 1 with a king bed, room 2 has two beds while room three, on the main level, presently has one bed.
You are given the run of a large, artfully and thoughtfully decorated home. It is peaceful, comfortable, and inspiring.
I cannot imagine anyone not appreciating and enjoying the experience of Casa Candiles, a safe, convenient, haven, just blocks from restaurants, beaches, and shopping in Ixtapa.
Treat yourself to a different upper class holiday. It will cost you less than an all-inclusive and offer you so much more!

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mmff4

Muchas gracias for your comprehensive review. It is important for future guests to know that despite the kind reviews, it is our constant quest to always improve and make things better for our guests.