3,009 results
All reviews sun club bluewater grill da mario the blue water grill coco cafe swim up bar windows buffet italian restaurant entertainment team partial ocean view king bed smaller resort dress code recommend this resort room number great vacation seafood
Reviewed 25 April 2018

I was very happy to return to Sunscape. We went with the Sun Club again and had a fabulous room on 21st floor. The sun club staff were great and check in was quick and easy. Highly recommend sun club.
A big shout out to Antonio and Gregorio at Windows who always made us feel like family and welcomed us home. We loved seeing them everyday for breakfast and lunch.
To my friends Geovani on the beach and Carlos at the beach bar these 2 were fantastic. Always went above and beyond to make sure we were happy and our drinks were full. They always made my day.
The entertainment team did a great job on keeping the fun and activities going throughout the day and night. Full of energy they are for sure.
Food was great this year better then 2 years ago. Great variety at breakfast and different options every day for lunch and dinner. Coco's café and the ladies there are very nice and always had a smile no matter what time of day or night it was.
The kids area/water park and food truck were a nice add on this year. Must try the fish taco's at the food truck they are so good.
The hotel, rooms and beach are very clean. Never had any issues.
Simon at the pool bar and Benito, Alfredo and Maria Louisa for lunch and dinner were also very good.
Sunscape never disappoints and I tell everyone they are my second family. I definitely will be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank smokydais
Sunscape Ixtapa E, Director General at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your time to post a review and for your recent visit at our resort.

Also, we want to thank you for giving us your remarks, this is the best way to know the areas that need an immediate action from us, so rest assured that they will be taken into consideration in order to improve our service.

We just want to say that we will be more than happy to welcome you once again at this your home away from home.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here a couple years ago with friends and decided to come back with our kids. We upgraded to the sunclub this time and didnt regret that. The extra perks like the sunclub lounge and better view from the room were worth it. We had a family connecting room, 2 doubles and a king bed. Our 9 yr old daughter was on a cot in our room and the teenage boys were in the other room which was nice that they had their own space and bathroom. Our daughter loved the kids club and absolutely loved Ursula. She misses her a lot! They also had the same servers that we loved from a couple years ago so that was nice seeing them all again!
The food was good, breakfasts were the best, the only down fall was the last two days we were there it got busy and the buffet was extremely busy. We never had to get up really early to get chairs at the pool, 8 am was a good time to pick. The new water park was a good addition and the food at the snack shack was perfect. All in all we had a good family vacation.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Joce,

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Our room had a gorgeous ocean view and we were very pleased. There were plenty of places to get a snack or dine. The Italian restaurant was great, the Snack Shack had plenty of options, and the buffet offered delicious choices. Can't say enough how great the staff. All the staff were accommodating,very nice, and helpful. Ms. Bonales and Ms. Delia were especially nice and very good in answering our questions and making suggestions. We would go there again, but with our grandson next time. There is an amazing children's pool that the kids squealed in delight playing. Lots of activities!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Joan,

Thank you very much for your precious comments. We would like to thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regards to your recent stay at the hotel.

We appreciate your compliments and recognition as it is a great motivating force for us to keep up with the service.
Our aim to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. We will keep developing our services and products, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Let me start by saying that I was so very excited for this vacation. The Beach was lovely. No seaweeds. Lots of sand and beach area to walk. We were there from the April 11th to the 18th. The staffs there were pretty pleasant. The reason why I go to Mexico every year: I look forward to the quiet relaxation on the beach and hearing the waves. What we got? Unexplainable! The people (solicitors) were so loud and obnoxious! They screamed as loud as they could, "Coco! Coco! COOOCOOO"!! If we didn't say NO, they would bother us until we shook our heads. Within SECONDS, it's COCO! COCO! Hairbraids?! Tattoos?! Silver! Good deal! Omg!! Forget getting to rest! Then, on our 4th day, ALL their locals along with your great grand Daddies Mommies Grannies and babies bombarded the place! Vendors and solicitors sitting on our towels in OUR cabanas!! Child running, screaming, up and down pushing every buttons in the elevators, picking food with dirty hands at the buffet and putting it back. Food was just OK. Snacks, forget it. The line to the snack bar, "ONE person in the truck serving the LONG line". I ordered two items, got ONE, and she looked to the person behind me and said, NEXT?! I never got all that I ordered. I have never ever did a FEEDBACK after 12years of traveling to MEXICO. Yes, there are ups and downs everywhere, but this by FAR WAS THE WORST trip. I never thought that I would need another vacation after coming home from a vacation!! If you don’t mind loud obnoxious vendors, salespersons, RUDE kids, Loud screaming bone chilling screams all hours of the night, then this resort is for YOU! =:)

Room Tip: We had an ocean view and I don't think it matters! Children scream chilling screams all hours for the night.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank tiffanytchalupsky
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Going through the airport alone is fun because it's modern, but small. No jetways. You walk down the steps in the beautiful sunshine. Sunscape Dorado is maybe 20 minutes away. Nice drive through town. The resort is modern, clean and perfectly located in the middle of everything, with a market across the street, and plenty to do within walking distance or a 5 minute cab.

I was there Apr 3-10 and it was busy, so to get sunchairs by the pool you needed to get out there at sunrise. The pool is a nice size and they were always cleaning it at night and in the morning, which is nice. In fact, everywhere the staff was washing down walkways, mopping as needed, and keeping everything looking and feeling fresh and clean.

My room was on the 19th floor (of 21) with a comfy King bed, big bathroom/walk in shower, and nice private deck overlooking the ocean and the hills. There are 4 glass elevators that are pretty fast. Slowest time was 7am-ish when most folks are heading to breakfast or to grab a sunchair.

The ocean and beach are perfect. A constant crash of waves pretty much 24/7 and a nice mist in the air at all times. Even though lots of people walk the beach, it never feels crowded. I met plenty of people on vacation from within a 4 or 5 hour drive, so it is a popular spot. Not many vendors trying to sell things on the beach and the few that were there were not overly aggressive.

The entire town is very secure, so walking on the beach after sunset felt just as safe as during the day. Plenty of restaurants and dancing all along the beach at the various hotels, resorts and establishments.

I only ever ate at the main buffet and it was great. I travel to unplug from work and life stress, so beach, pool and a comfy bed are the top 3 important things for me. Food is there just when I am hungry and this does the job and then some.

Why not 5 stars? Noise. And something they cannot really control. Even on the 19th floor, any music / crowd noise echos up off the buildings, so most nights you don't get quiet until 10pm. Saturday night, the place next door (Emporio) had a wedding, so while it was kinda fun to watch from my deck, sleeping before midnight would've been nice. The sliding glass door does not lock out any noise at all.

The weather was perfect. Would I go back... Maybe? So many things to do in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. The scuba diving sounded like fun. And a tour of some historical sites too. Everyone was friendly and helpful. And the weather... simply divine.

Room Tip: Higher floors better.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo