Hotel Fontan Ixtapa(Ixtapa)
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$59
US$213
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$70
  • Breakfast included
Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$139
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$263
US$119
US$288
clubmed.us
1,148 results
All reviewssister hotelinfinity pooloyster bara la carteslobby barthe mexican restaurantjacuzzi tubwalk in closetfloating dockplaya lindareservation officewater taxisunwing repboard walkfamily poolbike tourspin class
Reviewed 9 October 2015

This is a fabulous resort. We stayed last March and will be going back again next year. The resort is new, modern and kept immaculately clean. The rooms are spacious, well appointed and all have great ocean views, maybe not great - breathtaking. They all have in room jacuzzis too.

The facilities are outstanding, but what really sets this place apart from others we have visited, Is the staff. We've travelled to Mexico 14 times and stayed at many five star resorts on both coasts, but this is the best staff and service we've encountered. It's simply first class. Every single employee will go out of their way to enthusiastically service your requests and make your visit memorable. One evening at the dinner buffet we were checking out the seafood soup when we discovered there wasn't any seafood left, just broth. A very young worker in the restaurant was sweeping the floor (I'm positive he had nothing to do with food service at the restaurant) and noticed our disappointment. He motioned to us to wait, he then flew into the kitchen and returned with a big smile and a thumbs up. The soup was shortly restocked with seafood and we enjoyed one of the best soups we've ever had in Mexico. That kind of service is the norm at this resort.

There's not much of a beach on the resort (the Club Med beach next door is quite nice, especially to walk) but the pools are fantastic. The lower infinity pool, overlooking the ocean and Ixtapa Island, is definitely something special, as is the swim-up bar that is situated in a cave like structure complete with waterfall. No lounges or umbrellas where you would like to sit? No problem, just ask and they'll set a place up for you in minutes. The adults only pool was quiet and tranquil. The activity pool also had a nice ocean view. Waiter service was excellent. Even service at the pool snack bar was attentive and courteous.

Room service was included in our package so we took advantage of it. Breakfast was exceptionally good. Your breakfast is wheeled in on a table complete with linens and cutlery that you can roll out onto the balcony. What a way to get your day started. On our final night, rather than going to a restaurant, we ordered room service and watched the sunset from our balcony. We also spent every evening on our balcony, having a night cap and listening to the waves and watcing the moonlight dance across the water. In my world, it just doesn't get any better than that.

We had a marvellous lunch at the Mexican restaurant and breakfast at the Oyster Bar which was fantastic, as you were able to dine right at the waters edge (reservations are required for both restaurants). Dining at the Oyster bar was even better in the evening. I recommend making a reservation to coincide with the sunset - absolutely stunning. We also enjoyed dinner at the Asian restaurant and attended the Ballet Zihuatian dinner stage show. It was okay (very family oriented). The buffet has been maligned by many reviewers but we thought it was alright - not great, but you could always find something decent to enjoy.

The lobby bar is large and air conditioned (it also has an outdoor terrace). They do carry some top shelf liquor but I wouldn't call it extensive. It has pool tables, ping pong tables and big screen TVs. Bands perform in the evening (entertaining but quite loud). Again, the service there is exceptional.

We toured the older Axul resort right next door.. Seemed to have a much younger crowd than the Grand and the infrastructure seemed dated. Honestly, the resort didn't appeal to us at all, so we were very glad that we booked the Grand (apparently the name has been changed to Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort and Convention Center).

We really loved this place. It's our favorite resort in Mexico right now. Just remember this hotel is a modern high rise, not three storey villas like you get in the Riviera Maya. The only vaguely negative thing I can say about the resort is that I sent two emails to the resort, one before we left outlining a room request and the other after we got back, complimenting the facility for its outstanding staff . I didn't receive a reply to either message. Nonetheless we highly recommend the Azul Ixtapa Beach Resort and Convention Center. It's rated 4 and half stars but in our books it's a solid 5.

Room Tip: All rooms have ocean views. We stayed on the 11th floor near the middle of the building. Great views!
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
14  Thank Gary H
Reviewed 19 September 2015

This location we will certainly return to. We had a fun and luxrious holiday for a fraction of the price. Chartered a boat and all 5 of us were successful at catching. We got sailfish, mahi-mahi as well as a Blue Marlin.
This was one of the most exciting time we've had in an all inclusive. Staff were extremely courteous and welcoming. Went out of their way to get people to participate in fun activities. Not too many kids.

Room Tip: The hotel is well positioned and offers extremely good views all around.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank sudbury0001
Reviewed 17 September 2015

Great hotel, clean rooms, excellent staff, restaurants are good, buffet was really good (unexpected). A resort with the feel of old laid back Mexico. Three pools - one adult, one family, and the infinity pool where we spent most of our time. Clean, well staffed, great servers who remembered her names.

Room Tip: All rooms at the Grand have a view and a balcony.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank treehosmom
Reviewed 20 August 2015

My stay at the Azul Ixtapa Grand Resort was from 5/24/15 - 5/31/15, I was in room 2116 which had a great view, the balcony had 2 chairs a table and a lounge chair. The room itself was awesome very spacious and the a/c worked great, the maid always did a wonderful job in cleaning the room. The food at the buffet was okay it wasn't great I must say I never went hungry. I tried only one restaurant the Japanese and it was good. I utilized the adult only pool and upon entering the pool it was the best pool I'd ever been in (it is a saltwater pool). The poolside service was very good I can't remember the server's name but he took very good care of me with drinks and food. I'm a female who traveled solo and I felt very safe at this property and being a travel agent I will refer clients and I will most definitely return. I almost forgot I did use room service several times and it was fast and quite good there is a service charge of $70 pesos for each order. All in all I had a great time.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
5  Thank zbreezes
Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

We are planning another trip to Mexico and this is my 1st choice. Last visit was this year in Feb. Wonderful staff. A short cab ride away from the innards of Ixtapa for shopping and great food. The hotel buffet was utilized everyday....morning and late afternoon. Some reviews didn't rave here, but to me there was always something to eat above expectation. Guacamole fresh-made & excellent. Eugenia cleaned up our room and made it a romantic and pleasant environment to come back to each day. Swan towels, rose petals, etc. Abundance of towels...great bathrobes. Sister hotel next door is open also to restaurants and shows...great walkway along the beach to get there. Beautiful and romantic view from each room. Infinity pool. Adult pool also for a more quiet environment. Great spa. High end alcohol brands. Had couples massage which was awesome. And here is the best kicker: Our last 36 hrs here, I developed a serious GI bleed..not from Mexico...had started at home in a very small manner before leaving and I ignored and it progressed each day. I ended up very ill & was transferred to hospital in Zihuatanejo. Language barrier and situation made it very frightening. But Edgar from hotel showed up at hospital...not only to be our interpeter but also called his family to see if he & family members were possible blood types to donate blood. And all this done after his shift and the day before his 2 yr olds birthday party...who does that? He wasn't a match, but that act of kindness goes way beyond humanity I've ever experienced from a 'stranger'. Edgar made sure my partner was fed from the hotel and taken care of at the hospital. Drove us to the airport and made sure there was a wheelchair available and took us to the airline gate to make sure we took off safe & secure. Edgar: Thank you for being there. You are my hero and a lifelong friend. I cannot wait to see you again. Azul Ixtapa has an employee that goes far and beyond the norm. God bless. Sheila (Sheyla).

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple