1,606 results
All reviewssunset grilleuropean planfacing the streetocean viewchili beansinternet connectionthe hotel is cleanover christmasall inclusive packagebreakfast buffetcoffee potlobby barblue shrimpmexican familieswater pressurethe beach is greatjunior suite
Reviewed 24 January 2017

Our daughter celebrated her 11 birthday there and we all had a great time. The location and service were excellent. The beach is better than others we've stayed at in Mexico. We had plenty to eat and drink. The staff couldn't do enough for you. A big thanks to Emporio and staff.
Lloyd and Family
Special thanks to Oscar and Melchor at the Sunset pool Buffet

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank vagas2017
Reviewed 23 January 2017

We recently returned from a 7 day vacation with a group of friends. This is our 3rd stay at the Emporio. The location can't be beat and the service is great. As with other properties in Ixtapa, a little updating might be necessary here and there. However, we have stayed at 4 other properties in the hotel zone in Ixtapa over the years and the same could be said for all of them. The Emporio isn't a glitz and glam resort, but it continues to rank as one of our favorites - and the service is probably a big reason.

From check-in to check-out, the service was top notch. Food was great and the housekeepers did a great job of cleaning our rooms and leaving us the "towel art." A big thank you to the pool and lounge servers Michael Rodrigez, Hugo, and Rafael - you were the best! The other bartenders, bar-backs, and servers did a great job - and I do not have all their names - but these 3 made a positive impression and always had a smile. Thank you!!

Ixtapa and the Emporio: thank you for another great vacation! We will see you again sometime!

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms offer a great view; Non-ocean view rooms overlook the street with nightclubs playing music late into the night.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank 959SheT
Jorge D, Director General at Emporio Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you for your opinion about your experience with us, we thank you for the opportunity to receive you again and we hope you will return soon with us, we will share our service and reception staff with your mention about the good service you received, thanks for motivating with Your words and mention, your recommendation is our commitment to improve our service, we are working and renovating to enjoy our guests, if there is something more that I can do for you and your friends do not hesitate to contact me.

I am at your service!

Jorge Domínguez
Managing Director
Emporio Ixtapa Hotel
jdominguez@grupodiestra.com

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I love going back to this hotel. It is a small hotel but has all that we need to spend time relaxing by the beach and enjoy the warm weather in December. We started going to the Emporio Hotel since our older daugther was about 3 years old (now 9.5). It has always been clean, we have never had a problem and the staff is always nice. The hotel has always been clean and I can see they keep improving it everytime we go. About 2 years ago the added a small pirate ship to the small kids pool. it has been a hit (kids pool is cold but that doesn't stop any kid from going in). Seems like this year they added a Tenis court that my nephews really enjoyed every morning. When we travel we don't like to do all inclusive plans since we like to get out at night and try differents places. Still we include brakefast buffet in our visits. This year I can tell the food has improved as well. We always liked it but now is so much better and flavorful. I love the location, just across the street you can find all kind of shop, restaurants and public transportation. This year at least during high season they had live music either everynight or every other night. It was pretty good and fun! We had lunch by the pool everyday and had dinner twice at the dinner buffet. Food was very good. Better than what we ate outside the hotel They have a nice beach, it is kind of in the middle of the bay and it is sandy and not rocky . I have always enjoyed staying there and I think it is a great value. On the small side but clean and has everything you need and not over crowded. Usually we go by ourselves and sometimes with my parents but this year we went with several relatives. We had 5 rooms and everybody had a great time. I'm very happy with this hotel and I truly recomend it.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank Liliana S
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I traveled from Regina to Ixtapa with my daughter on March 10, 2016. We travelled with Sunwing and returned on March 17. We loved Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo! The airport is gorgeous and this tropical place is the most beautiful part of Mexico I have been to! Very little pollution and it is smaller than Mazatlan or Puerto Vallarta so I really appreciated having less pollution to deal with!
The best day was taking the local city bus (very little change) across the street to Playa Linda, walking to the end of the pier, paying a guy in a booth a few dollars each and we got on a small boat to Ixtapa Island. We swam in the beautiful ocean all day! The water was so warm and clear! This was the best swim in the ocean of my life! I could even float, I almost fell asleep floating. We ordered snacks and drinks then laughed and swam all day. So great!
Now this hotel! It's gorgeous when you arrive. So of course you really feel like you've made an excellent decision in choosing this hotel to stay in! Then it starts, right at check in they say they ran out of vouchers for dinning at the Sunset Grill, they tell you to come back in a few hours.
When you come back they accuse you of lying, saying you got the vouchers at check in! After convincing them that you didn't receive any they tell you to come back tomorrow. When you come back tomorrow the whole dramatic play starts again! They say you got them at check in time, you persuade them that you didn't, they talk to each other, pretend to check files, tell you to come back tomorrow. These vouchers are so you can make reservations at least 24 hours in advance there but the restaurant is not open everyday. Our package stated we can eat there twice but the hotel staff are going to make sure you never eat there! It is always filled with locals though. A couple who traveled with us decided to just show up, ask if they could dine there and they were welcomed in with open arms!
We asked for a room up high because of reading the reviews about the noise. We did get a room on the tenth floor, mountain facing. The noise was still incredibly loud all night long! I guess there is a casino and nightclub nearby. I thankfully had ear plugs and we cranked the awesome air conditioning up!
The room was very nice, cool and extremely clean! Our housekeeping lady was amazing! We left her handmade cards with tip money inside, chocolates I brought from Canada and little gifts. She was a highlight of our stay and we never had worry about trusting our belongings in her care.
The lobby staff were great and helped us each time we returned with luggage, shopping, etc. We appreciated the location of this hotel. There was a shopping plaza right across the street with many banks to choose from for cash withdrawal. I was able to buy the best vanilla, Orlando brand at Casa Tequilla, buy souvenirs, hats, t-shirts and snacks, Tequilla to bring back to Canada from the little grocery store across the street. This was excellent! We took buses on the same side of the street as our hotel to head into Zihuatanejo. Very convenient.
The food at the hotel was horrible! One big buffet with poor service! The staff were so very rude to us! Except Hugo! Hugo is the best hospitality person I have ever had the pleasure to be helped by! We tipped him well and truly appreciated his attention to detail in the midst of such rude servers! I will never stay at this hotel again but I will bring my husband here for a drink to meet Hugo! He should be the manager of this hotel!
The drinks were a little off putting. I love arriving in Mexico and having a Mexican cervesa with lime! Well not here! They have no Mexican beer! Only offered India pale or dark ale on tap. I was so disappointed as I can have those anywhere! The margaritas were so sweet! Made with an extremely sweet drink mix. I had to stop ordering these. The pinã coladas were actually very good and made with real cream! The wine both red and white were good. The bartenders at the swim-up bar work their tails off all day! We tipped them well.
On our first day there my 22 year old daughter took our towel cards to the desk to get towels. The lady working there put her arms over them, blocking them and then scolded my daughter! She wasn't allowed to have any because they were reserved for special guests! I marched right over there when she told me. This woman tried the same tactics but I ensured her that I was going to give her two towel cards and she was going to give me two towels! She did glaring at me the whole time! I had read that they cater to local families and North American patrons are treated poorly. I didn't believe it when I read it. This was my tenth trip to Mexico and I had never found that to be true. Well it sure is true at this place! When my daughter was in the dinning room getting food on her own the mean girls serving there would try to chase her out, tell her to go to our room and order food paying with our credit card!
The package we paid for said all food and drinks are included! The Emporio absolutely refuses to follow that! There were restaurants we weren't allowed to eat in as we would have to pay by credit card. They said it wasn't part of our all inclusive package. According to Sunwing all food and drink in the hotel is all inclusive! Including room service! The minibar is supposed to have three bottles of water, three beer, and three Coke replaced everyday. That doesn't happen! We would call and call, be told it would be taken care of, it wasn't! I met with the hotel manager and Sunwing twice! They still refused to restock! There are no vending machines in the hotel, all restaurants close at 11:00. After my second meeting with them and promises to have it restocked we returned late to our room to find that of course it wasn't restocked AGAIN! To brush our teeth that night our only option was to use the Coke in the fridge that both of us didn't want to drink! I went down to the front desk, the person there was rude and told me repeatedly I had no right to have the minibar restocked and that he absolutely could not give me any water.
I am disabled and use crutches. I found my way across the street to buy food that we actually could eat, water to drink and use for brushing our teeth and snacks. They have a supply of snacks, etc in the room you can pay for. It was very difficult and I absolutely resent that I had to do that at what was supposed to be an all inclusive resort!
The rudeness, poor customer service, most non-hospitable staff really was a downside on this vacation and I most certainly didn't get value for the price we paid!
At checkout they demand to cut the all inclusive braclettes off and tell you that the all inclusive is over. No, it's not over until the bus picks us up! They cut our bracelets off but I demanded they be returned to me. They did but sure didn't want to!
On the flight home we talked with other tourists who had stayed at the Holiday Inn and Azul Resort. None of them had any issues! They loved it! Service was great, minibar restocked daily and they were still wearing their braclettes when they got on board! I will never stay here again! I love Ixtapa Zihuatanejo and I can't wait to return and stay at a much better hotel!
We did make reservations and dine at Tentaciones in Zihuatanejo. The taxi was only about $100 pesos, it was absolutely gorgeous! Pricy yes, but so very worth it! Have fun!

Room Tip: Get a room up high, ocean facing for some quiet
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Hip-ShakinMama
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We were a little hesitant to stay here because of some past reviews but it seems that all of the concerns have been addressed. It is in the heart of Ixtapa on a beautiful beach. There is a choice of all inclusive or room only. We chose room only and there are plenty of restaurants across the street. The staff are very friendly. It would be helpful if more reception staff spoke better English but this can be navigated. The New Years Eve fireworks were spectacular. Agustin is the best chamber maid in the world! She leaves flowers on our bed. Good value for the money.

Stayed: January 2017