“Superb Cuisine...when Chef Miguel is Cooking (Fri - Mon)”
Review of Xenote

Xenote
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2018

If you arrive when Chef Miguel of Guerrero is cooking, you'll have a 4-star Alta Concina Meal...whatever you order. Even his Flan dessert, made with Philadelphia Cream Cheese, astounds...like none other. I don't even order from the menu...I just ask him to make fish, chicken or meat however he feels....always Great!

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Had the best meal ever here! Wish I could remember the name? I can remember the description....pork stewed for 12 hours served taco style. SO GOOD! Very simple yet SO GOOD!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Went on Wednesday with friends. None of us felt like drinking, we all ordered shushi and water, one ordered lemonade. My friend asked for a second glass of water and was told new management rules were one glass per person! SHOCKING!!!!! We eat there at least once or twice a week and have for twenty years! At first we were laughing because we thought it was a joke, but then I asked for second glass and got the same reply I don´t know what´s going on but hopefully they read their reviews as they should and explain their behavior!

Food is never exceptional ni mucho menos but the people are lovely and the view is superb!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 27 March 2018

Enjoyed a late night snack here, and found it very relaxing and a bit off the louder restaurants on the beaten regular path.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Dane A
Reviewed 17 January 2018

If this restaurant had to survive on repeat customers it would certainly fail. Yes, the view is amazing. I cannot speak to the breakfast offerings only to dinners. We eat here once every year just to remind ouselves why we choose other local restaurants.

This is Mexico; service is generally slow but it's more than just the slowness it's the generally uninterested attitude of the staff that makes the experience so uninviting.
And, without exception, the food arrives at less than room temperature. I'm sorry, shrimp, rice and beans taste a whole lot better when served hot.

You have better choices in Puerto Aventuras- have a look around.

Date of visit: January 2018