We stayed 6 nights and will definitely return, however it won't be on a Saturday or Sunday check- in as this was the only bad situation we encountered. The front desk staff were exhausted, short with travelers who were also tired and hot, and just plain untruthful about the readiness of the rooms. It would have been nicer to say the rooms will be ready after 5 than the "wait 15 minutes and check back" attitude and speech. After 5 of those everyone was in a disgruntled mood.
Also there was no manager present the day we arrived--it was the weekend. I checked each weekday and people checked right in. I compliment Zaitseff from the staff who finally arranged our room move in--he went beyond any courtesies extended from those reception personnel.
We had a family room and another king room--both beautiful--wonderful beds, ample closet and drawer space, great TV for the olympics and DVD player, very cold AC, and a maid staff that couldn't have been more cooperative. Food here is a great treat--a must were the banana and chocolate crepes, barbecue ribs, Italian restaurant steak, fish, and pasta, and a buffet running over with fresh fruits, meats and fish of all kinds and fresh vegetables. Bottled water was plentiful, wine good, and bar service in restaurants and pool was excellent.
We were a group of divers and a grandma and grandchild so some of us hung out for the resort fun and others found fun in the ocean. Mt granddaughter along with 105 other children was lucky enough to return a the sea a hatchling sea turtle to the water--quite a nice cememony. Victor and entertainment staff were diligent from morning until late at night to provide fun for all, but in a dignified manner.
The resort has a lovely beach, special sea water lagoon area, hot tub between pool and beach that holds about 20 people in little coves, afternoon tea and Mayan coffee, shopping venders on some evenings, movies under the stars on the beach, fire dancing shows, and free sailboat rides.There really is something for everyone to do and if you are in the room--the room service treats and meals were the best.
Thanks Dreams--see y'all next summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa is a getaway with near infinite pleasures. Guests of all ages experience Unlimited-Luxury(R), remarkable amenities led by spacious rooms and suites with lovely views, gourmet dining options, limitless top-shelf spirits and 24-hour concierge service - all wristband-free. Guests are entertained by miniature golf, complimentary greens fees at a nearby golf course, a PADI certified diving center and Dolphin Dreams by Dolphin Discovery, one of the largest dolphinariums in the Riviera Maya resort region. To unwind, Dream Spa by Pevonia(R) offers a generous pampering menu. For couples, the resort presents wedding, honeymoon and anniversary packages, and for business, facilities begin with the 1,646 square foot Playa Ballroom. It's all of this and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Dreams Resort Puerto Aventuras
- Sunscape Puerto Aventuras Riviera
- Sunscape Puerto Adventuras
- Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa Riviera Maya, Mexico