5,565 results
All reviews seaside grill world cafe el patio adult pool family pool dreams pa barracuda bar sushi restaurant preferred club explorers club natural pool dolphin view coco cafe marina side water show fish tacos kids club
Reviewed 7 August 2018

I really enjoyed the resort. The room was clean. Food was good in all the restaurants. The private beach was nice with service on the beach for drinks. The drinks were all good. Everyone was friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank frasier0199
Sune O, Redes Sociales en Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear frasier0199:

That is great to hear. Thank you for choosing us and for sharing with us your comments, knowing thart we are doing a great job is truly satisfactory to us. We will be looking forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2018

My husband, three adult children and I stayed at this resort for a week. The resort is a nice place to relax, drink pina coladas, swim in the pool and play a little volleyball. It has a great family atmosphere where the staff is very friendly and made us feel like we were family. We felt safe, cared for and appreciated. Our rooms were clean and housekeeping took good care of us. The front desk was helpful and the drivers friendly and accommodating. The restaurants were pretty good and the wait staff treated us well. We enjoyed walking to the shops downtown, the marina, and seeing the dolphins and manatees at Dolphin Discovery. We also took a snorkeling excursion to Cozumel through the Pro Dive shop located on site.

It was disappointing that the resort's beach area was unusable due to the seaweed. The employees worked hard to remove it, but Mother Nature just kept washing more back into the area. So instead, we played in the pools to stay cool. The friendly and helpful staff, lovely weather, pools and relaxing areas made this resort a nice place to visit.

We had a wonderful time!

Room tip: Room with an ocean view although close to the pool is a little noisier at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank glojoTC
Sune O, Redes Sociales en Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Dear glotoTC:

We appreciate your understanding as your positive comments regarding your stay with us. Thank you very much for choosing us as your destination, we hope you have had an excellent time in Mexico and in Dreams Puerto Aventuras.

Comments like yours are our engine to keep improving every day more for our guests. It was a pleasure to have received you and it will be an honor to do so in the near future.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

Upon arrival, greeted with the customary cool wash cloth and a welcome drink that was not very refreshing ( it was a bit warm ) I began thinking to myself “I hope they take better care of us than this”
Had anticipated that our room would not be ready as we arrived around noon, but was relieved when we were told that our room was ready. We generally forego the walk around with someone and prefer to be handed a map and shown where the room is so we can unpack and get settled in. Worked out just that way for us and I already knew that my wife would follow up.
Put our things away in the room and found it to be clean, and smelled rather fresh considering the smell of seaweed that was wafting throughout the resort.( We were not really bothered by it though)
Made our way to the buffet for lunch and it was there we discovered the first of quite a few resort staff that really make you feel that you are valued, cared for and appreciated.
Juan ( who greeted us and escorted to a table) “ You sir are respected and appreciated for the kindness and courtesy shown to my family”
Francisco ( attended to us during our lunch ) “ Happy, friendly and fun” little Timmy( 5 year old grandson) and I both enjoyed your enthusiasm and a respect filled “fist bump” that felt like you were getting from an old dear friend back home! We found ourselves going back here to eat because of the wonderful staff there! Seemed like every time we came in” He had our same table waiting just for us!
Now, we are always in a hurry to get to the pool( especially a 5 and 7 year old).
My first step into the water felt so warm, i immediately commented to my wife “ This is too damn hot and there is no way I am going to feel refreshed in this pool” In comparison to the other resorts that we have stayed at in the Mayan Riviera, the pool really was warm. But it did not hinder our fun, nor did we spend any less time than we normally do because of it. It was actually pretty nice going back and forth between the jacuzzi and the pool.
The pool area is where we first encountered Berniece, who at first thought was just another person that was on the entertainment team who was “doing her job”. Happily I will say that Miss Berniece was a true gem and a definite asset to the property! She always found time to interact with us and give extra attention to the kids. Makenna, my 7 yr grand daughter loves her so much! I was so surprised and amazed when this wonder lady who I thought was just at work, actually spent her entire break on day in the pool playing with Makenna. Berniece , as well as Mitzi are certainly a “cut above” most and my family will always consider them family!
Dulce who brought me countless very spicy ,bloody Mary’s, The first time I asked for one, I told her” let the bartender know that when he thinks it’s too hot....make it a lot hotter and spicier” From that moment on, there was no need to define what or how I wanted it. She was perfect!!! I missed her on her breaks and her day off. Worked tirelessly, just like the rest of the staff. Thank you!
I have found that most of the time, wherever you go, you are able to find things that are not perfect but upon examining things further, I have noticed if you think there is an “issue” keep repeating that word to yourself slowly and then slower and slower. Issue....Issue....is you!
Try this place and enjoy yourself. The people who work so hard to make things just right for you, actually do in fact “ make things right for you” whether you recognize it or not!

Room tip: Choose a higher floor and enjoy the view
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank BoandMissy361
Sune O, Redes Sociales en Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Dear BoandMissy361:

Thank you for giving us those warm words, we are glad that despite the inconveniences, you were able to enjoy the service we were able to offer you. We know that we have very valuable people, who make a constant difference with each of our guests, thank you for letting us know that the effort is worthwhile and for taking the time to share it with us.

Your comments we take very much into account and our staff will be happy to know that they did an excellent job.
Once again, thank you for choosing us, it was great to have you with us!

Reviewed 3 August 2018

I want to begin by saying we have stayed at 2 other Dreams and 1 Now resort and loved all three. This resort is an embarrassment to Dreams and AM Resorts. It is run down and the resort has a major rotting seaweed problem that ruins the entire resort.
First I want to explain our on-going issue with canceling our week and moving to another Dreams resort, and then I will explain why we left. We booked 7 nights directly through the Dreams website, but left after 2 nights. (There were 2 other families trying to cancel at the same time as us.) We arrived in the morning; by 5 pm, we knew we could not stay. We were given the run-around for 2 days between Apple Vacations and Dreams' front desk and concierge. Both parties said they could not help and I had to talk to the other organization. Eventually, we were told we would have to pay a 1-night penalty as a deterrent. When they realized we were fine with paying the penalty, they acted like they didn't know what to do. I had to be very direct. Finally, we were able to cancel the rest of our week or so we thought. I signed a paper that we would pay for the 2 nights we stayed plus a 1-night penalty. I took a picture of the paper and the man set it aside and began to help the next customer check-in. I asked if we were free to leave as that seemed an unusual ending. We grabbed a taxi and I booked another Dreams online. When I got home, I was charged for the 7 night we originally booked. I have been trying to correct this situation for a month. Dreams Puerto Aventuras never checked us out of the hotel. They put no notes in the computer that we were trying to leave or the we checked out. My travel agent has tried to help but eventually it came down to AM Resorts told her they are only a marketing and travel agency and they do not own the resorts and we need someone at the resort to take care of it. I am now trying to correct the issue. It is impossible to speak with anyone at the resort that has the authority to correct the issue and no one from Dreams Puerto Aventuras answers emails from my travel agent or from me. I have contacted Al Lewis with AM Resorts and he said that AM Resorts will put the pressure on to correct the situation, but no response from Dreams Aventuras. If you have any incorrect charges, it is a nightmare to correct them.
The main reason we left was because of the rotting seaweed that spread a smell through the entire resort unless you are on the marina side. Unfortunately, we paid for ocean view. We never opened out balcony door because the smell was already in the room and we did not want to make it worse. The restaurants are ocean side so they smell too. It is in the AC vents so even the auditorium with the entertainment smelled. It is impossible to use the beach or family pool. They give you the option to walk to a very tiny public beach which the three resorts are all using. For the 3 days we were at the resort, we never once saw anyone trying to clean up the seaweed. We could tell someone in the past had tried because there were 10 foot piles on the beach. In addition, when you walk to the public beach you can see where they were dumping the seaweed next to the hotel when they were trying to remove it. The Apple Vacations agent at the hotel who could just walk out there and see, did not believe us that no one was removing the seaweed. She said they work on it every day.
In addition to the seaweed problem, the resort is very run down. The family pool is very small in comparison to the resort, there are so many people in the pool that it is dirty and the water is cloudy. I did not see anyone checking the chemicals during the day or just doing general maintenance to try to keep it clean. The birds near the pool side grill are a problem. In the room, the AC does not work well and with high humidity, there is visible mold on the walls. You can tell housekeeping cleans the walls but they are stained from the mold. The lamps and other items that can rust are rusted due to the humidity. Our tub did not drain. We were also Preferred Club. Worthless at this resort. The food that they put out is nothing compared to the other AM resorts we have stayed at. There is no AC in the preferred club or it doesn't work, so no one uses it and the food is very stale because no one is touching it. It is impossible to get a bud light even though they advertise they have it. Many of the restaurant servers will lie to you that they are giving you bud light. Then you go to the same bar that the servers get the drinks from and they bartender tells you there is no bud light and they are lying to you. The entertainment staff is clearly frustrated. I know they are supposed to encourage everyone to participate, but no one wanted to do anything at the beach or pool due to the smell. When you didn't want to do something their frustration showed through mean sarcasm. This didn't affect us, but as proof of more issues, the dolphin view rooms have no dolphins. There are no dolphins at the resort. The water is so dirty, they had to relocate the dolphins. Again, these things have never been an issue for us at any other Dreams resort. We left this Dreams and went to another one and had a fantastic vacation. In my 2 night experience Dreams Puerto Aventuras is dealing with many unhappy customers. Their solution is excuses, manipulation, and then finally ignoring. Use extreme caution with this resort. There is a reason why it is so much cheaper than the other resorts, but no reason for their false advertisement of a beautiful and clean resort.

Room tip: Preferred club worthless. Oceanfront room worthless: rotting seaweed smell. Dolphin view rooms worthless: no dolphins, water too dirty.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Sune O, Redes Sociales en Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa at Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear Maria R:

Receive warm greetings from our Management and staff. We appreciate the time that you had invested on writing an overview of your stay with us. Our guests feedback is truly important for us as this allow us to improve our service level and product.

We were really sad to read your review and found out that we did no achieve to fulfill your expectations, for this we apologize. Please be certain that all your feedback has reached our Management and we are currently working in our opportunity areas. We apologize if there were shortcomings in our end during your visit. As our true drive is always to create memorable experiences for our guests, we regret to know this was not the case.

We regret the situation for which it is happening and we assure you, it will be followed up as soon as possible.

Please be certain that your comments will not be overlooked we take all our guest feedback very seriously.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

Overall, we had a great stay. We had a large group of adults who traveled together. The adult only pool had absolutely zero issues with the seaweed smell. If you are planning on coming with children, yes, you will experience a rotten egg/fish smell that can become unbearable at times. However, since we had no kids, this was never an issue.

The staff members were incredible. Always so polite. Adriano the bartender is awesome and knows how to have a good time. Giovanni (an entertainer) is amazing. Such a fun personality and got me to get up and dance in front of a crowd when I’m usually shy. I swear he never sleeps because I saw him every day from sun up until sun down - always keeping his same energy.

The food was okay. American food is obviously going to taste a million times better than anywhere else because it’s horrible for you. I would recommend researching on ways to prevent an upset stomach weeks in advance. I wish I would have taken/eaten probiotics because I felt nauseous the entire trip. I wasn’t used to the difference in preparation or culture present.

Be sure to pack snacks, bug spray, and sunblock to avoid spending an arm and a leg at the gift shop! Have fun!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Talarain

Dear Talarain:

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us through Tripadvisor.

We are glad to know that your stay was pleasant and that our service was of total pleasure. We are proud to know that our staff did an excellent job, meeting all your expectations.