See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 May 2016

Beautiful old colonial building, problem is that everything inside seems to be the same age, the suite gave me the creeps! Besides that all the personnel was extremely nice and helpful, we requested a fan and it was brought to us inmediately, they kept all the cheese we had bought in refrigeration, they go beyond their duties to make your stay comfortable. The hotel is cheap and well located. Besides reading that Durango was among the most dangerous cities, we felt safe walking day and night around! Never thought we would find such a beautiful town!
The parking lot is one block away and you have to ask for the key to open the gate

Room Tip: Do not choose the suite!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Wonderful old fashioned hotel in excellent location, very close to the plaza and the cathedral, beside a boulevarde. Also contains in the central covered patio a Brazilian type restaurant, very good value, and a coffee shop/cafe as well. Obviously no parking available on the premises, but there is a private car park close by. Rates very reasonable. Gas heating devize in the room for cool nights and a mobile fan for warmer conditions. My quarter (room 1) contained a bedroom and a small sitting room.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank David R
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I first stayed at Posada San Agustin about 15 years ago and continued to stay there on/off until my last trip last week, Aug 2014. I love this building, but the place had dropped dramatically in quality. The room was disgustingly dirty, smelled of sewage. The carpet is beyond horrifically disgusting, I had to place a t-shirt over my lumpy pillow just to be able to sleep on it and the mattresses were missing covers and were very stained, old and uncomfortable. I'm a very loyal client and I love this building, but after 4 nights I broke down and moved to another hotel. Yes, I gave it 4 nights! lol. The other thing you need to know is that the bars along Constitution Ave stay open until 4-5am and they are beyond noisy and disruptive. If you are brave enough to try and stay at this place I recommend slippers so your feet never tough the disgusting carpet, ear plugs (industrial strength!), buy your own pillows, and bring a strongly scented candle to temper the strong sewage smells. Pros: delightful location, superb coffee shop next door/on site-ish, I really hope that the owner will put some $ into this place - it could be a gem.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 209 - lol!! I doubt all of the rooms smell like raw sewage, but this one certainly did.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AGPNCO2014
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you're willing to fore-go the usual American style chain hotels and experience more authentic Latin accommodations, then this is your best choice. The decor is circa 1900, but nicely done and not lacking in modern convenience. Personally, I much prefer the classy somewhat ornate vibe that gives this place character that's often lacking in the "gringo" hotels. The staff is helpful and friendly. If you're in Durango to visit the old downtown area and enjoy the historic district, the location is perfect.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 October 2013

rooms are pretty average, though large and adequate, decent bath, and quiet after 10 pm
staff was VERY helpful, we paid over $50 usd for a double, which is a bit high considering
Durango being not exactly a tourist destination for foreigners these days, but no complaints,
except breakfast: dead toast and chemical OJ, no gracias. Posada San Jorge is a good overnight
place, especially if you;re on a bike, they allow you to park it in the lobby, that's nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple