See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Our stay at Posada San Agustin was most pleasant. The first room we were shown was on the second floor, but when Marcelo, the receptionist, saw I was having trouble climbing the stairs he changed us to a ground floor room. All was clean and well maintened. The interior courtyard is lovely. They welcomed our dog free of extra charge. Marcelo answered my many questions with a smile and good directions. I feel the value given for the price is excellent.

Date of stay: May 2017
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The hotel is good, is not expensive and has a good location. The only thing that I didn't like about it, is that it doesnt have a restaurant, if you want something to eat you have to go out of the hotel and cross the street to get the restaurant, although they offer the room service with the same restaurant, it would be nice to have it inside the hotel. The same thing with the parking, you have to leave your car one block from the hotel, Internet service is not as good. The staff was kind in general but they could be more comprehensible and more nice with the hosts, after a long ride you expect a good treatment, I would probably stay again because of the good location.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 February 2017

We enjoyed a very nice stay at the Hotel Posada Saint Augustine in during a weekend visit to Durango.
The hotel is very well located within a few blocks of every site in the historic town center. The rooms are spacious, clean and well equipped. It is a small hotel so the staff were able to provide us with friendly, personal service in spite of our nearly complete lack of Spanish vocabulary.
My only, very minor complaint is the lack of an in-room coffee maker, however coffee and snacks are always available in the central lobby just steps from our room. Also, hot water for tea is also available by asking the desk clerk.
We would definitely stay here again!

Room tip: Our room was on the street side which was a bit noisy. Rooms on the other side of the central lobby might be a bit quieter.
Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We stayed here because our tour booking agent told us we would stay somewhere else, and the somewhere else had openings but apparently this hotel was cheaper for his company. It is old,of course, and I like old. The location is good. Wifi is not available throughout, was not available in our room, as advertised. Room had no windows. Plaster falling off the walls. Bathroom in poor shape. Hot water came mid shower. Staff had no understanding of English and I had little Spanish. Staff made no effort to help us with anything. Stairs to room were really dirty. Room was slightly clean. Couldn't sit on sofa as it was stained and dirty. Don't stay here!

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank Teen6818
Reviewed 14 September 2015

This is an interesting building because it used to be a hospital. There are a few reminders of that in the reception area, and other things of interest. I particularly liked the old radio set.
We had to pay cash. I am not sure why this should be so. Coffee is available from outside your room. I don't think there is anything else, but of course there are places to eat nearby. The Casablanca Restaurant nearby has a good reputation, and there is efficient service inside.

Date of stay: September 2015