Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$609
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Marival Residences Luxury Resort(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$594
US$313
Free cancellation until 21/07
US$359
US$199
  • Pool
Occidental Nuevo Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$287
US$182
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$398
US$326
Bookit.com
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
US$274
US$247
Hotels.com
US$149
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villa Varadero(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$116
Official Hotel
Casa Virgilios(Nuevo Vallarta)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$64
Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit(Nuevo Vallarta)
US$864
US$581
Cancelon
4,799 results
All reviewsadult poolla botanadon emilianoswim up barmusty smellasian restaurantsunwing repbeach restaurantbuffet stylefamily poolpushed togetherpalm treesliquor dispensermain buffettowel animalsother resortsevery other day
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We gave the Riu Jalisco another try after a less than great experience about 5 years ago. We are very happy we did and we had a much better experience this time! I came in with the expectation of a quality 3.5 star hotel and it's exactly what it is.

Being there on spring break, the hotel was at 100% capacity and the staff did great for how many guests where there (1700+). All the staff were smiling and happy to help you with whatever you needed. Drink line ups didn't get too long but on occasion there where 5-10 people ahead of you.

We had a family room and it was great. I know a lot other others complained about the two 3/4 beds (48") being pushed together to make a giant king bed. The family room had 2 queen beds and a twin bed too. Lots of room for my family of 4 without issues other than privacy. There is no "separate" place to change as it's one big space. Not a big deal for young families but if you travel with older kids or share a room with a friend it could get awkward.

The food.... I thought the food was good...Not great, but a big improvement from what I remember from 5 years ago. We went to all the Al a carts and I have to say...we all enjoyed the buffet more. The one Al a cart I was looking forward to the most actually disappointed me the most.... the Mexican one. Terrible service and none of us enjoyed the food either. We left our dishes and went across to the buffet for dinner.

One area where this hotel drops the ball, in my opinion, is that there is no drink service around the pool decks. Not a turning point for my trip but I went to the sister resort for a day (Riu Vallarta) and they offered this. Same thing at the nightly entertainment shows...no drink service, but offered at the Riu Vallarta's nightly shows.

Speaking of shows: you should plan your night around going to the Michael Jackson show. it is superb! My kids and I are big MJ fans and this show had my kids' jaws on the floor. The guy moves and looks just like MJ! I'd pay money for this show on it's own.
Sadly the other shows don't come close to the MJ show in terms of entertainment but we went to a bunch anyways.

I would come back to the Riu Jalisco again for sure. There were things we liked and things that need improving but this hotel offers great value for what you pay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank babych44
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Not a great spot with Kids. We were told to not bring our kids up to the swim up bar. (The only place to get a drink for them) Riccio the woman bartender should not be dealing with customers, she literally didn't smile the entire week, was visibly unhappy, rude and should be cleaning rooms.
The rooms were 2-3 star. Rest of the resort was well kept. Not enough chairs for the pools for the number of guests. Kids club is tiny, nothing there and in general the worst we've experienced. Avoid.
On checkout, they basically told me that I couldn't leave because I was missing a room card. I called my own taxi which was told it couldn't leave the resort until I brought them the missing .25 c room card.
I'll avoid RIU's in future.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Jalisco, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and for expressing your concerns.

We are committed to providing excellent quality of products and services to our guests. It is disappointing to learn that you left our hotel thinking otherwise. We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services, and for this reason, we will share your impressions with the relevant department in line with the main goal to achieve the highest levels of customer satisfaction.

Finally, we wish to inform that damage or loss caused by guests to any of the Hotel’s furniture, decoration or facilities shall be billed to their account as mentioned on the registration card upon arrival.

We hope to see you again in RIU so that you can enjoy the quality, service and attention that define our hotels.

With our best wishes we remain,

ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
Online Reputation Manager

Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is the first time that we have stayed at a RIU resort. We had a fantastic time! The staff was wonderful and very friendly. We felt that we were treated like we were VIP's!
The drinks were fantastic, the bartenders were friendly and fast. The food options were great! There was something for everyone's liking every day! The servers were very attentive and friendly. This hotel was VERY clean. WE loved the beach!!!! Let me tell you it was very hard to come home after vacation was over. Our stay was wonderful. We booked our trip with Apple vacation and the representatives form Apple Vacation that are at this resort were wonderful to work with. They were at the airport when we arrived and had us in a taxi on our way to the resort with in 15 mins, met with them the next morning to arrange our departure transportation and they made that very easy! They helped us book our excursion with Vallarta Adventures. They were wonderful at answering all of our question and they recommendation was spot on ! They were great at helping us get taxis to visit downtown and told us what the fare would be so that we knew if we were being charged correctly! Overall we are very happy with the RIU resorts! The only thing that we would suggest to the resort would be to upgrade there bath towels in the rooms. They were not soft. Other than that, You will love this resort!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sarathirtyone
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Spent two weeks at this hotel from the 1st March. This was one of the best holidays we have had. The accommodation was spacious and very clean. There was a very good selection of food at every sitting. The entertainment was provided to suit all ages throughout the day and evening. The hotel was ideally situated for walks and the beach.
All the staff were excellent and very friendly. We will definitely be going again next year.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Denis M
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

It was a very last minute trip for me. The Riu Jalisco didn’t disappoint . I was looking for all inclusive, warmth , and a little bit of fun . I have stayed with Riu before and I appreciate there standards. The only thing that I found to be a little odd is that you can not exchange American dollars at the hotel.. The staff was very friendly and helpful the room was always clean and well stocked. I will continue to stay with riu.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo