Just came back from a week at the Occidental Nuevo Vallarta.
The reception area was great and, while it looked like pandemonium/ bedlam at 1st glance, we were processed efficiently and quickly (many thanks to Yahir & the rest).
The housekeeping staff were great at keeping rooms in great shape (but hiding away the mini fridges inside a cabinet overheats them and leaves the content, that is supposed to be cold ...hot).
The buffet service & kitchen staff were terrific. Even as the hotel was installing A/C and windows to the Buffet area, the place was clean & tidy & did not dissapoint (many thanks to Jesus R & his friends).
The Hacienda and the Italian Restaurant delivered & did not dissapoint.
The quantity, variety and quality of the food served in the resort was terrific - no complaints, just praise.
Many thanks to the staff at the Lobby & the Pool bars. Great service, great drinks (honorable mention to Ulysses).
The animation staff were great at helping us burn off the extra pounds that somehow showed up (thanks to Julietta, Ray, Lisbeth & Sergio).
The Beach & the Pool
Although the beach does not have a pretty white, talc fine sand, the beach was great. A darker brown with flecks of gold sparking away.... very nice. The beach's slope is very gradual, no rocks, some decent waves for those with Boogie Boards & enjoy waves. The pool is of a great size, super clean & well maintained & well used by the guests.
Lastly, my compliments to the resort management for providing and maintaining a top rated resort in tip top shape. There were groundkeepers trimming the palm trees & shrubs, Painters, plumbers, electricians & masons all over the place providing touch ups & face lifts as required - busy getting the resort ready for the Holliday & high season - while keeping out of the way.
We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta is the ideal hotel for families, couples, and friends looking to enjoy a fun vacation on the Pacific shores of Mexico. Recently renovated, Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta has been updated with the latest modern amenities and technology to ensure a pleasant stay. The hotel is situated on one of the most beautiful beaches in the Riviera Nayarit, minutes from the Nuevo Vallarta shopping center and the best stores and restaurants in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Barcelo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Occidental Nuevo Vallarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Grand Nuevo Vallarta Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Occidental Allegro Hotel Nuevo Vallarta
- Nuevo Vallarta Occidental Allegro Hotel